1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think of it like this; lots of guys I know have old school sport cars, bikes, etc and my guilty pleasure are these and comics. Everybody has to have a niche.

Amen to that. Figures comics and some cards.

I have a friend who easily drop a few grand a year keeping up an old vette and no matter how much goes into it it's still pretty much worth the same at sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably laid down £30k on this hobby in the last 6-7 years. I would call it an addiction more then a hobby. I would get every HT fig, have 100 detolfs and a big @ss house to put it all in if I could. I work overtime a lot just so I can afford my figs. At least I don't smoke or drink my money away, my old man does that.

Exactly – whilst i'm not a big fan of the look of this suit (the BvS suit was superb, a refinement of that would have been fantastic), I can understand the logic behind it, and of course the goggles are not going to be worn all the time!
The cowl is based on his court of owls look. I want this look to not have the googles but have a feeling it will. Even when fighting.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

The cowl is based on his court of owls look. I want this look to not have the googles but have a feeling it will. Even when fighting.

Did Zack Snyder say that it was based on court of owls? I enjoyed the first 90% of that story line.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Did Zack Snyder say that it was based on court of owls? I enjoyed the first 90% of that story line.

I saw an comic comparison. I'll try to find the pic again but his googles looked identical to the ones seen in the new JL pic.

I saw an comic comparison. I'll try to find the pic again but his googles looked identical to the ones seen in the new JL pic.

Oh, okay. Yeah, there is definitely a similarity. I thought you were saying it actually inspired the on screen costume.

Oh, okay. Yeah, there is definitely a similarity. I thought you were saying it actually inspired the on screen costume.

No just the cowl and googles.. Go figure can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking

Edit: Found it here we go:

14344274_10208971235690895_4202270757168934882_n.jpg

No just the cowl and googles.. Go figure can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking

Edit: Found it here we go:

View attachment 293404

That image isn't from the court of owls. It's from an elseworlds story "Multiversity: Mastermen" from last year.

It was a take on the Justice League being part of the Nazi regime.

https://www.google.com/search?q=justice+league+mastermen&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjlLX955jPAhVDzoMKHfwKCa4QsAQIJg

RjbCJWb.jpg
fmvly4pxbaipz8oq5mlh.jpg
lee-nazi-batman.jpg

Attachments

• RjbCJWb.jpg
    RjbCJWb.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 407
That image isn't from the court of owls. It's from an elseworlds story "Multiversity: Mastermen" from last year.

It was a take on the Justice League being part of the Nazi regime.

https://www.google.com/search?q=justice+league+mastermen&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjlLX955jPAhVDzoMKHfwKCa4QsAQIJg

View attachment 293431
View attachment 293432
View attachment 293433
Sorry my mistake. But that's pretty much where this weird cowl with goggles came from

no worries. just thought you should know :) But yeah, it's definitely worth a read.

Personally though, I hate the goggles. Without any context from the eventual Justice League movie, I feel like they're just there to differentiate from the Nolan suit, which was a more "tactical" suit already.

I haven't been keeping up on this thread as I'd only recently decided I wanted this figure. Decided too late, as it had already gone to waitlist on Sideshow. My question is, get on the waitlist or is there a chance HT will release a new batch like they did with Star Wars?

Again, i doubt it. There is Suicide Squad version and also Justice League right around the corner.

I keep forgetting about the Suicide Squad version. I can't imagine it would be terribly different than the BVS one. I'd expect it'll have a relaxed mouth piece just wouldn't have the angry mouth piece and all the accessories obviously.

Again, i doubt it. There is Suicide Squad version and also Justice League right around the corner.

Eh, you never know. My first inclination would be to agree, but at the same time, they released a second production wave of ANH Vaders with Rogue One right around the corner, which you know will also have a Vader figure from.

Back