Hot Toys Batman Wishlist / Dreamlist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman Begins pack:
Scarecrow + Ra's Al Ghul

The Dark Knight Rises:
Gordon

BATMAN 1966 TV Series
Catwoman (Julie Newmar—must be Julie)
Bat-Girl
Joker
Riddler
Penguin
Alfred
Julie Newmar as Catwoman (did I write that already?)

Almost nothing.

Batman is my favorite comic character and one of my favorite characters in all literature and pop culture but I'm tired of HT Batman figures.

I'm looking forward to what the Returns stuff looks like but at this point they may all be a pass with the announement of the GoT license. I'm more of an 89 fan anyway. So my dream figures have been made.

Maybe if HT started making comic versions of characters I'd be down for a comic Batman.

The only thing I'm looking forward to now is the new interpretation of Batman on film, and if I like it, the subsequent figures.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

My wish list:

1. Batman Returns
if it happens at all in my lifetime

2. Batman Arkham Asylum/ Arkham City --and Batmobile
Armoured n electrified gauntlet version or accessories additionally
(at this point it seems to have been some practical joke from hot toys)

Regardless...this Batman has quickly become my most favorite incarnation of batman to date...the realism, the action, the voice, the experience of the game, the design, the story...like a realistic revision of btas...

3. The definitive 1/6 btas figure-- and btas Batmobile
by any company...as long as they don't overprice it

4. Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman plus battle damaged (a la Luke esb)
Nuff said

5. Yvonne Craig Batgirl

6. Arkham origins batman
(I'm not totally crazy about the other character designs in this game with the exception of joker and black mask)

7. Arkham Asylum city ( non sick) Joker

8. Arkham City Harley Quinn plus Mourning Harley (two pack) or added accessories head, extra outfit pieces er whatever it takes to do it

2. Batman Arkham Asylum/ Arkham City --and Batmobile
Armoured n electrified gauntlet version or accessories additionally
(at this point it seems to have been some practical joke from hot toys)

Regardless...this Batman has quickly become my most favorite incarnation of batman to date...the realism, the action, the voice, the experience of the game, the design, the story...like a realistic revision of btas...

3. The definitive 1/6 btas figure-- and btas Batmobile
by any company...as long as they don't overprice it

I think this is the first time I've seen someone mention an interest in 1/6 versions of the Arkham and BTAS Batmobiles. They are cool designs in my book, I just don't know how their tank-sized Batman interpretations could ever fit in those tiny renderings of each's cockpit/seating areas...which are TWO seats wide!

Kenner had that same problem with their Batmobile. That's why they opted for a plain one seater.

I love Batman The Animated Series. It's really one of my favorite interpretations of the character, but I'm not sure I'd need HT to make figures from the series. With the show being animated I feel like they'd look a little off as 1/6 figures. I feel like they're better suited for statue or maquette form. I'd love to see DC Collectibles re-release some of those maquettes they did a while back, but of course expand the line and include more characters. Someone should make a definitive, detailed version of the batmobile from that series as well.

Kenner had that same problem with their Batmobile. That's why they opted for a plain one seater.

Yeah, all of the Kenner Movie and cartoon based Batmobiles were one-seaters, right? (Dark Knight Collection 89, Batmissle, Forever, BTAS and all repaints) TNBA was the only one that was a two seater, and that's just on a technicality since the seats were back to back, and not next to each other like they should've been. I understand Kenner having difficulty designing a BTAS toy that seated two that looked correctly proportioned since the car wasn't based on anything that exists in reality....the animators could make the cockpit roomy for interior shots while making the canopy look like a really small part of the looooong car body for exterior shots. But for the 89 mold, they could have worked something out that looked "about" the right shape and seated two, after all Toy Biz did it.

I love Batman The Animated Series. It's really one of my favorite interpretations of the character, but I'm not sure I'd need HT to make figures from the series. With the show being animated I feel like they'd look a little off as 1/6 figures. I feel like they're better suited for statue or maquette form. I'd love to see DC Collectibles re-release some of those maquettes they did a while back, but of course expand the line and include more characters. Someone should make a definitive, detailed version of the batmobile from that series as well.

Right. The simplified stylization works for 2D hand-drawn animation, but translated into a 1/6 scale figure, the lack of detail will make it look really bland.

Now for a bump (with visuals!) Comic Batman, through the lens of one of my favorite comic Batman stories: KnightFall. Ideally, most of the figures would be sculpted after the art style of one of the co-creators of Bane, (and one of my favorite Batman artists of all-time) Graham Nolan. Figures that I'd like the Bat-art of a Nolan ;)

pvyl.png

Batman (Bruce Wayne) with FOUR headsculpts: Batman clean-shaven / Bruce Wayne clean-shaven / Batman exhausted with stubble / Bruce Wayne exhausted with stubble.

cacd.jpg

Bane (with masked and unmasked heads)

j2eb.jpg

Robin (Tim Drake, 90s costume)

3wsz.jpg

Battle-Damaged "Broken" Batman

2tex.jpg

Commissioner Gordon

j93z.jpg

AzBat (Jean-Paul Valley -- Blue costume version)

0g8n.png

Scarecrow

...continued...

ec1y.jpg

Joker

g88z.jpg

Killer Croc

fqvp.jpg

Poison Ivy

p61r.jpg

Firefly

dwp0.jpg

Lady Shiva & Tengu Mask Batman (Bruce Wayne) 2-pack

ij68.jpg

AzBat (Red costume version) vs Nightwing 2-pack. Unmasked Grayson headsculpt will make it really easy to kitbash a Prodigal Batman.

A few other Knightfall figures I'd like (but didn't dig up comic panels of)
-Alfred with shotgun
-Catwoman (Jim Balent-style, of course!)
-Bruce Wayne in a wheelchair / Sir Hemingford Grey disguise :lol

Graham Nolan, I know he did quite a few issues but I thought Jim Aparo did most of those? Specifically the Bane up there.

Nope that one is definitely Graham Nolan and Scott Hanna (inks). Jim Aparo did draw a lot of KnightFall, and he had the honor of drawing the iconic splash page moment that Bane actually breaks Batman, but most of that above is Nolan/Hanna.

Back