1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hex>>>This dx stand.
eh, The hex bases look cheap, something id expect from a 1/12 release, especially with that ugly printing on the front with the name. They definitely are more space efficient though, BUT black oval bases are THE most space efficient, theyre also just super clean, they dont take away from our beautiful 1/6 figures.

Just my opinion but I think the actual is more accurate. I always thought the proto was a bit to beefy around the shoulders. Not that it didn't look great/heroic.
Proto is more accurate

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221216-121123.png
    Screenshot_20221216-121123.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221216-120957.png
    Screenshot_20221216-120957.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
It's true. It looks like being flatter on the shoulders makes the mp version flex inward more when raise the arms. The proto didn't do it as bad. Thing is though if we ague the shoulders should have been kept beefier for accuracy, then the same would have to be said for thighs too. Since those are beefier on the actual suit as well.

It's probably the only 1/6 Forever Suit we will ever get.

I rewatched this and Bats/Robin movies and they are so great.

I know it's cheesy, but man, are they fun to watch. They both have good rewatchability. Compared to movies today, those moves are gold. Not even half joking. If you haven't watched them is 10 years, do watch again.

It's probably the only 1/6 Forever Suit we will ever get.

I rewatched this and Bats/Robin movies and they are so great.

I know it's cheesy, but man, are they fun to watch. They both have good rewatchability. Compared to movies today, those moves are gold. Not even half joking. If you haven't watched them is 10 years, do watch again.
Agreed. I understand the criticisms of execution with certain scenes that should have been edited better or reshot completely. But I've never understood the hate (especially with the pecs). Those films actually hold up much better than most of the Batman movies visually, and that's saying something after more than 25 years.

Both movies are a fun ride and are refreshingly fun as opposed to so many of these dark, brooding, iterations that quite honestly take themselves too serious. To me, that borders closer to camp than just embracing the material stylistically as a comic book. Both approaches have their strengths, but its nice when some of these movies can just embrace the color and fantasy of the artform and loosen their collar on the social commentary.

I hope they make B&R figures along with Freeze. There's an absolute market for it and they would sell just like these are doing. Can you imagine a Mr. Freeze figure with all the light effects? My God, that would rock.

Agreed. I understand the criticisms of execution with certain scenes that should have been edited better or reshot completely. But I've never understood the hate (especially with the pecs). Those films actually hold up much better than most of the Batman movies visually, and that's saying something after more than 25 years.

Both movies are a fun ride and are refreshingly fun as opposed to so many of these dark, brooding, iterations that quite honestly take themselves too serious. To me, that borders closer to camp than just embracing the material stylistically as a comic book. Both approaches have their strengths, but its nice when some of these movies can just embrace the color and fantasy of the artform and loosen their collar on the social commentary.

I hope they make B&R figures along with Freeze. There's an absolute market for it and they would sell just like these are doing. Can you imagine a Mr. Freeze figure with all the light effects? My God, that would rock.
I rewatched them bc the 4k cMe out. Thise movies were beautifully shot, the music was outstanding.

I couldn't believe what a great batman Val Kilmer was. He played a brooding Bruce and a somewhat happier Batman. I was stunned how well the movie held up and now I am older, it's a near perfect hero movie.

Most hero movies especially from DC, lost the cheesy comic stuff...the fun is gone, and replaced with darkness and grit. Gotham looks like Gotham in this movie.

Seeing it made me buy this and the robin figure with no second thoughts. Heck I may get another for unmasked versions.

As much as i don't like these 2 films, i admit they are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. They're being goofy campy fun and they know what they are. It's not my thing, but i loved it in batman 1989, and i just love the campiness and silliness of it all (even tho people at the time saw batman 1989 as a darker interpretation) I've never liked batman returns, but all 4 of those 80-90s batman movies have charm to them and visually they all hold up very well. I've never really liked the synder movies, and always preffered the silliness of the other films (and the more serious nolan trilogy). If they made a mr freeze figure I'd buy that in a heart beat, i always liked that suit and if it lit up that would be so cool.

As much as i don't like these 2 films, i admit they are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. They're being goofy campy fun and they know what they are. It's not my thing, but i loved it in batman 1989, and i just love the campiness and silliness of it all (even tho people at the time saw batman 1989 as a darker interpretation) I've never liked batman returns, but all 4 of those 80-90s batman movies have charm to them and visually they all hold up very well. I've never really liked the synder movies, and always preffered the silliness of the other films (and the more serious nolan trilogy). If they made a mr freeze figure I'd buy that in a heart beat, i always liked that suit and if it lit up that would be so cool.
The interesting thing about modern movies is, they are no longer quotable. The puns of Mr Freeze is still used today.

I find modern DC and Marvel Films are hard to rewatch. I just think they lack fun factor .

Spiderman no way home is very rewatchable, but that is rare today. That campiness is needed imo.

I want a Mr Freeze, an Poison Ivy and watching Jazz Inc talk about Batmobiles, one video they mentioned we have idealized versions of the cars. We didn't look close or maybe it was 480p, to see all the nuances the cars had or even the errors.

A lot of cars and costumes have different versions, paddings and so on. Some cars have scratches and bent lines and in toy form, people would probably be more upset with scratches and crooked lines.

Question. Why does Robin's chest have nipples? As useless as nipples on a bull, right? :LOL:

The interesting thing about modern movies is, they are no longer quotable. The puns of Mr Freeze is still used today.

I find modern DC and Marvel Films are hard to rewatch. I just think they lack fun factor .

Spiderman no way home is very rewatchable, but that is rare today. That campiness is needed imo.

I want a Mr Freeze, an Poison Ivy and watching Jazz Inc talk about Batmobiles, one video they mentioned we have idealized versions of the cars. We didn't look close or maybe it was 480p, to see all the nuances the cars had or even the errors.

A lot of cars and costumes have different versions, paddings and so on. Some cars have scratches and bent lines and in toy form, people would probably be more upset with scratches and crooked lines.
I've thought this for a while now, even the worst of those 90s batman movies were memorable and stick out to you. Newer super hero movies don't really have that, you watch it and then you forget about it. They're not all bad, but they're not really great either.

Part of the problem with today's superhero movies is... there's been so damn many of them for over a decade.

One Batman & Robin in a decade is of course going to be memorable (the younger you are the more positive too)... but 2-3 superhero movies almost every year for 12 years and from the same universe/connecting storyline... that will dilute your memory.

Imagine if the 90's had a Batman movie every summer... pretty sure Batman Forever would not stick out like it does.

Part of the problem with today's superhero movies is... there's been so damn many of them for over a decade.

One Batman & Robin in a decade is of course going to be memorable (the younger you are the more positive too)... but 2-3 superhero movies almost every year for 12 years and from the same universe/connecting storyline... that will dilute your memory.
It all just becomes a mess of movies you have to see in order to understand the next one. I stopped watching most superhero movies after endgame. The funny thing is that i prefer batman 1989 to most of the newer super hero movies, and i didn't grow up with it or have any nostalgia for it. I just watched it and thought that it was better than most of them.

Imagine if the 90's had a Batman movie every summer... pretty sure Batman Forever would not stick out like it does.
That's it right there. Schumacher really got his ears pinned back from criticism not for the film he made, but the period it was made in. And it was mostly for B&R when it started. Back in the 90's the MCU was not up and running yet and movies of this kind were still not truly considered legitimate investments by most studios. . Hell, we didn't even have a Spiderman film yet. There was allot of apprehension from fans because Reeves had finally laid a total egg with Superman IV and Batman was really the only DC property that was considered legit in the ENTIRE genre. So when Schumacher came out with this completely lighthearted interpretation, hardcore fans felt jilted, embarrassed, and robbed of their chance to be seen as legitimate in the industry. To Wor-Gar's point, it wouldn't even be a thing today because it wouldn't carry that kind of responsibility.

So there was just too much weight placed on this film to be more than what it could have been and fans were too insecure with wanting their genre recognized in a way that Schumacher was not able to see. To Schumacher's defense, there was no internet yet for him to get any accurate temperature in the room for such things. Forever had saved the franchise from dwindling box office numbers started by Returns, so the studio let go of any controls on the project and gave Schumacher free reign to amp up in B&R what he had done (in a more measured approach) with Forever. So with that retrospect in mind, it really makes no sense for the film to be hated today. These hyper negative opinions seem to be more from a reaction to what someone has heard through the years rather than from an informed opinion. Of course liking it or not is subjective. But hating it for the old reasons originally placed upon it seems out of sorts now.

I've thought this for a while now, even the worst of those 90s batman movies were memorable and stick out to you. Newer super hero movies don't really have that, you watch it and then you forget about it. They're not all bad, but they're not really great either.
This is how I feel about the new Spider-man, technically I can’t find any fault with them, but they just feel soulless for some reason and when I think about revisiting them my skin crawls.

No surprise. Hot toys have gotten larger and larger through the years. The Keaton toys (while still amazing ) are almost antiques now.

No surprise. Hot toys have gotten larger and larger through the years. The Keaton toys (while still amazing ) are almost antiques now.

Even given their age, if it's true he is significantly taller than DX19 (A very recent batman where the actor is also 6'0), then he is over scaled. I wonder if they did this to get the proportions between him and Robin correct and the couldn't find a shorter body for Robin?

Back