Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Robin Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they will- because I want them to...

So they make these as actual suits with an articulated body inside right? But the rubber makes it practically impossible to pose them; so, seeing as the suits are basically just beefy, naked male bodies, why not create the whole thing like a Phicen figure? Literally the entire suit could be a sculpted seamless body and then you just add the cape, belt, gloves, boots and cowl in their appropriate materials.

I’ve never handled a Phicen body but I know they pose well. How do people think that would hold up over time and would it be a lot more costly then making these the standard way?

why not create the whole thing like a Phicen figure? Literally the entire suit could be a sculpted seamless body and then you just add the cape, belt, gloves, boots and cowl in their appropriate materials.

You mean those Phicen figures don't have an articulated plastic body inside? I thought it was a rubber skin over a plastic body. So it's like a solid one-piece bendable body?

Were the 1966 Batman and Robin figures released separately?

Yep. Robin didn?t sell as well, from what I saw. Maybe a motivator for HT to make these a 2-pack.

If they ever happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funnily if I?d been into collecting in the same way as I am now (back then I just wanted an Iron Man and Bale Batman) when the 66 came up I?d have more likely sprung for both Batman and Robin than I would definitely need a Forever Robin.

Nostalgia aside, I have much guilty love for both the 66 series and Batman Forever, if I really wanted a Schumacher era Batman and Robin it would be the Forever main suit and the Nightwing esq Robin from B&R.

Could all change if/when they ever go up for order.

You mean those Phicen figures don't have an articulated plastic body inside? I thought it was a rubber skin over a plastic body. So it's like a solid one-piece bendable body?
No- as was stated -they?re built kind of like a Terminator with a very slim metal endoskeleton wrapped in rubber or silicone flesh (whatever they?re made of.) I just think that technique would make sense for this sort of character design and most articulated areas would certainly be less impeded without the hinderance of a plastic figure which is essentially being restrained and confined by the suit.

I can?t post the latest photos from the D.C. all stars event but the robin looks updated or is it just me? Chest seems more puffed out and wider.

I can?t post the latest photos from the D.C. all stars event but the robin looks updated or is it just me? Chest seems more puffed out and wider.

Interesting...yeah one of the first things I noticed when I saw the initial prototype was how flat and deflated his chest look...if they updated that I certainly haven't noticed, but I'll be on the lookout now.

d50baa64ee78d189b851977a4bf06c13.jpg

ee4dff9d1a156dd270f71c574a74a82a.jpg

Back