Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Robin Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Movie isn’t a spectacle by any means but I was a fan when I saw it in the theatre 24 years ago. I would definitely get Robin should they also make Val Kilmers Batman to accompany him. The hype was real for this movie back then. The toys were also impressive back in 1995.

DiFabio wasn't saying anything like that from what I can tell :confused: Did you quote the wrong post?

Response to the nostalgia comment and it not being a great movie.

Same principle to 89. In 1995 Forever was good for its audience. In 1989 Batman was good for its audience.

Neither hold up to today. That doesn't take away the value it has to some fans.

Essentially much like "how much is 'x' figure worth" and the answer being "as much as anyone is willing to pay for it." Same deal- this means as much as it means to any one individual.

Does Batman Forever fall short? Yes. To an 11 year old me? It was amazing.

Last edited:
lol wut? "Batman 89" and "Batman Returns" are much better movies than "Batman Forever." Both hold up today - not as modern, realistic Batman movies, but as urban fairy tales.

Particularly "Batman Returns." I'd say it's even more appreciated now than it was on its release.

Batman Forever was the single thing I was really hoping for at SDCC. Now they just need to show Batman, and I’ll be set. I’ve been hanging on the my SSC points specifically in the hopes they would one day make a Kilmer Batman.

With that said, I’m kind of let down by this figure; it just doesn’t look as impressive as I imagined it would. Like it’s been mentioned, it just looks flat - both sculpting and the paint scheme, though I think giving it a more accurate dark and metallic coloring and tweaking the sculpting/filling out the suit will bring it there.

Would love to see both the Panther suit and the Sonar suit for The Bat, though I doubt that will happen.

I would prefer Return figs over Forever. Would much rather have The Penguin or Catwoman over Robin, nipples and all. :lol

I bet HT cant get DeVitos image rights, that's why we got no Penguin yet. The Penguin would make such an epic looking fig, next to Returns Bats.

Ideally? I’d love to see Returns Catwoman and the Panther suit first; followed by everything else. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol wut? "Batman 89" and "Batman Returns" are much better movies than "Batman Forever." Both hold up today - not as modern, realistic Batman movies, but as urban fairy tales.

Particularly "Batman Returns." I'd say it's even more appreciated now than it was on its release.

I think Batman Returns is the worst out of 89, and Forever. Tim Burton injected too much of his weirdo nonsense into that movie imo.

I would prefer Return figs over Forever. Would much rather have The Penguin or Catwoman over Robin, nipples and all. :lol

I bet HT cant get DeVitos image rights, that's why we got no Penguin yet. The Penguin would make such an epic looking fig, next to Returns Bats.

I doubt it. NECA got his rights so I don't see why HT couldn't.

Well "wut" is someone's cup of tea isn't "wut" someone else may enjoy.

What I enjoy about Batman Forever is it was a spectacle to me as an 11 year old kid. It was directed to me as an 11 year old and had cooler suits and was "larger than life." I love Batman Returns and always have considered Keaton as "my Batman" but 8 year old me thought it was neat to see Batman in 1992 but 11 year old me loved seeing all the gadgets and larger-than-life spectacle that was Batman Forever compared to Returns.

A good buddy of mine cannot enjoy The Dark Knight because he says the suit reminds him of lame motocross gear. He respects it and understands its a terrific film but just can't get past the suit. I understand he doesn't like the suit but he doesn't get irrational with people for what they enjoy or fondly remember.

Additionally don't like it? Don't look at it. I don't like Star Wars so I don't go on those threads to dig on people for what they enjoy.

I thought I wanted a HT Panther suit but now after seeing Robin I think I'd prefer a nipple-less Sonar suit, lol.

I still remember perusing a Warner Bros store in 1995 and seeing the Forever trailer showing on their big wall of monitors for the first time. I was mesmerized by the epic music and high flying acrobatics (a first for live-action Batman) and watched it over and over and over.

Last edited:
Two pics from yesterday: looked better in person (to me anyway).

robin1.jpgrobin2.jpg

Well "wut" is someone's cup of tea isn't "wut" someone else may enjoy.

What I enjoy about Batman Forever is it was a spectacle to me as an 11 year old kid. It was directed to me as an 11 year old and had cooler suits and was "larger than life." I love Batman Returns and always have considered Keaton as "my Batman" but 8 year old me thought it was neat to see Batman in 1992 but 11 year old me loved seeing all the gadgets and larger-than-life spectacle that was Batman Forever compared to Returns.

A good buddy of mine cannot enjoy The Dark Knight because he says the suit reminds him of lame motocross gear. He respects it and understands its a terrific film but just can't get past the suit. I understand he doesn't like the suit but he doesn't get irrational with people for what they enjoy or fondly remember.

Additionally don't like it? Don't look at it. I don't like Star Wars so I don't go on those threads to dig on people for what they enjoy.

Hey, do I know you because I always say that!

The amount of butt hurt over this figure for simply existing is hilarious and far more entertaining than Batman Forever actually is.

Back