Hot Toys Batman DX 'it's official'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2006 Hot Toys released a Batman Begins Batman that was different than the 2008 Batman Begins Batman. Add that to the other three and you get half of eight. I'm not saying Hot Toys shouldn't try to get the most out of their license, I would just like a little more diversity. Or at least a Scarecrow figure.

Completely forgot about that one. Thanks, I even have one of the 2006 figures. I too would like a little more diversity, but am grateful for what they offer. To fill the void, I made a custom Scarecrow on horse back, Bruce Wayne on motorcycle, Bruce Wayne in business suit, Nurse Joker, and Honor Guard Joker, and am currently working on a custom Jim Gordon, Lucius Fox, Alfred, the 5 Bank robbing goons, Arkham Asylum Joker and Two Face, and a Jim Carry Riddler. As I said before, I'm a Batfreak.

Old Grandpa

Back on topic, HT might be reading this so... the DX Batman must look as good as or better than this for me to consider a purchase:

(Medicom TDK Batman after Rismo applied his deft brushwork)
_MG_2530.jpg

Throwing in all the accessories from the Batcave would do nothing if they can't at least match Medicom's great sculpt.

Something has always bothered me about the eyes on the Medicom, even after some of the great repaints that have been done and I've just realised what it is - they are too round on the bottom, which gives them a slight animated look. I'm not talking about the iris, but the shape of the whole eye, which looks almost like a half circle.

just a shame that you got to entirely repaint the medicom to make it look great, cause otherwise the sculpt is darn good, but with their paint app it looks horrible. that goes for the suit to.

while HTs might be a bit too beefy medicoms is a bit too wimpy.

far as the dx batman i am sure it will lest be 100% screen accurate, probably with all the accessories, stocky gun, mangler thingy, sonar head, normal head, bale sculpt, moving eyes.

i do not see a removable suit, one it would be stressful on the rubber to be swapping suits on whim. two the chance for more breakage removing the hands and feet and contorting the figure to slip the suit off. otherwise the zomg posts about i broke my dx batman trying to swap suits, and the zomg the rubber on my dx suit batman is cracking.

i am sure it will look killer no matter what but i am plenty happy with my new suit ht batman, yea he is a beefcake and the shoulder pads are too big and would be better if they were attached to the suit directly and not the chest piece because when you pose it they jut out oddly.

if i had my druthers they would do a plate and rubber suit or beef up the plate parts somehow a bit maybe internal plastic hardners or something to give the plates some mass and less flex. i know the takara bats or one of the gen ones had real plastic plates glued to the armor and those did not work out so well.

Back on topic, HT might be reading this so... the DX Batman must look as good as or better than this for me to consider a purchase:

(Medicom TDK Batman after Rismo applied his deft brushwork)
_MG_2530.jpg

Throwing in all the accessories from the Batcave would do nothing if they can't at least match Medicom's great sculpt.

Really ? I actually prefer the HT head to Medicom's

IMG_2207.jpg

Great news so the TDK figure would be more poseable now. Well actually, poseable. Just in case Hot Toys is watching this, what they should do is have the bat suit removable, to make a bruce wayne figure and the batman begin ninja figure. In that case it should come with the batman begin and dark knight suit.

What's with all the removable suit suggestions? Sorry, it just seems very complicated to me is all. It'd be easier to have one (or two) Batman head(s), a Wayne head, a normal tie and suit outfit, but the main outfit being the improved TDK Batman suit. I think it'd be much easier to have us buy a spare TT body than having to dress and undress Batman armor suits.

Oh and the DX is fair? I bought that one. I already got screwed for buying the purple. It cost a lot of money and now has become irrelevant.

i think he's being humorous...quoting a certain individual from TDK...y'know...half his face got burned off...the one that flips the coin to make decisions.

yeah that guy.

i think he's being humorous...quoting a certain individual from TDK...y'know...half his face got burned off...the one that flips the coin to make decisions.

yeah that guy.

Yes, the part with Gordon, and his family, with Batman. Gotcha. Been a while since I seen it.

I want Begins suit!

they already made a second and improved Begins suit, so what is the point of a 3rd begins suit anyway? :rolleyes:

A TDK suid it the logical continuation, they only released one and it isn't that screen accurate, so a TDK suit and like many said: NO BEGINS suit

There is no way in hell this will be a Begins suit version.

HT has been embarrased by Medicom on the TDK suit version. They will want their revenge.

I agree, no need to re-address the BB suit. They got it right the second time out. This should be a much improved TDK suit with additional accessories and either an improved Bruce wayne or a nice bit of TDK set dressing to provide a context for the figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back