Hot Toys Batman DX 'it's official'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot find the confirmation anywhere at Hot Toys website. Does anyone have link to it?
If you must have confirmation, buy a magazine called Milk - which is available in Hong Kong. There's an article there where they interviewed Hot Toys - this is one of the items mentioned.

''I don't want the Bat-closet/cage thing either.''
I actually thought that would be cool, as long as it didnt inflate the price, of course

If you must have confirmation, buy a magazine called Milk - which is available in Hong Kong. There's an article there where they interviewed Hot Toys - this is one of the items mentioned.

I did see that article. My friend interpreted it and it says that it was being considered. But never confirmed.
Which is why I asked if there was any confirmation regarding MMS DX-02 being a Batman TDK.

I for one can't wait for the DX Batman. I was really pissed off at having purchased a V1 Joker only to see two better version released not too long after. I don't have a HotToys Batman already, so I feel like I will be getting the best version out there.

I for one can't wait for the DX Batman. I was really pissed off at having purchased a V1 Joker only to see two better version released not too long after. I don't have a HotToys Batman already, so I feel like I will be getting the best version out there.

And hopefully, the FINAL version of the best version out there. :lol

For those who want the light-up sonar eyes, it's worth keeping in mind that the electronics to make that work resulted in a loss of articulation in Iron Man, especially around the neck and chest/waist.

That's not true. Anyone remember MMS02 Battle Damaged Terminator? It's just light-up eyes. It can all be in the head.

That's not true. Anyone remember MMS02 Battle Damaged Terminator? It's just light-up eyes. It can all be in the head.

They just want another bruce wayne head so that they can complete their collection with bruce wayne in a suit instead of having the sonar eye head. The dullards.

I would love a bat closet that would be awesome if it came with the figure......... wat i wish hot toys would do is include a batman with the tumbler u are paying almost $500 why not include the figure...

The closet,empty cowl,Bruce Wayne suit sticky bomb gun,glider,back pack,new Wayne sculpt and sonar head and I will be very happy!

I'm another "dullard" I guess, since the sonar head would be a gimmick I'd never use, whereas a better Wayne head would replace my current first night out Wayne head.

Just for the record just because he quoted me doesn't mean I agree with him.

I'd rather have a Bruce Wayne head too, but if I can get the Sonar head, a new sculpted masked head as well as Wayne's I'd be happy. I know it won't happen, but I'm just giving out ideas like I did with his arsenal/cache cage.

The only thing I don't get is why people are so uptight about the mention of a "sonar" head. Of course it's a gimmick, just like MMS DX Joker's new PERS eyes. If done well (I don't see how Hot Toys could mess it up) it would be a great feature. How is it "like Mattel's"? For one Mattel's hasn't/probably won't come out and two it's not even close. It's a gimmick that we SEE in the movie at the CLIMAX of the film The final battle with Joker and Batman. Why not include it as a feature if it's possible and will look good? I mean the sonar concept was prominent throughout the film.

While we're on the subject of "gimmicks" how about the TDK suit in general? Or all the "new" suits in the Batman films? Starting with the 1989 suit all the way to the "new" TDK suit. They've all been gimmicks. I bet my life that WB has a prerequisite that each new Batman film HAS to have a new suit. The fact that Nolan actually gives a reason for why he has to hang up the old one is evidence that it might be true. I mean they went and redesigned the WHOLE costume. Each film does this. Batman and Robin more so than all of them.

We know the third will introduce another one so with that mentality why do people want another figure of a gimmick costume when they essentially already have Batman?

Last edited:
I hope you didn't misinterpret me (as you were referring to other people too), because I certainly don't agree that the sonar head is "Mattel like" either. :) I used the term gimmick more in the "accessory" sense, it's just something that I would try out once or twice and then throw in the fodder box, as I prefer the regular look. I certainly wouldn't mind it included though. Same goes for the pneumatic wrangler that was included with the BB suit, while nice having, I've never displayed it once (it actually was helpful for a custom, but that's not the point :lol).

This isn't aimed at you or the other person but there sure is a lot of toys getting thrown out the prams these days here. I truly think it's a messed up world. Some people or the majority want what they can't have but when they have it, they don't want it. ¬_¬

I hope you didn't misinterpret me (as you were referring to other people too), because I certainly don't agree that the sonar head is "Mattel like" either. :) I used the term gimmick more in the "accessory" sense, it's just something that I would try out once or twice and then throw in the fodder box, as I prefer the regular look. I certainly wouldn't mind it included though. Same goes for the pneumatic wrangler that was included with the BB suit, while nice having, I've never displayed it once (it actually was helpful for a custom, but that's not the point :lol).

No that wasn't directed solely towards you just like I know you weren't directing it towards me. I just quoted you and not the other people that mentioned "Mattel" and "gimmicks".

Why do you call the sonar head as just a gimmick? Look guys this is a special last edition of batman, they should include it. Remember as I said before, Hot Toys have never released a figure with three heads. If they are going to release a figure with only two heads, just like the dx version, they should definately omit the bruce wayne head.
I am probably not making myself popular here by saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back