Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No reason the Lazarus pit couldn't work in Nolan's bat-verse. Nolan had some pretty out-there ideas in movies like the Prestige and Inception. He would probably just try to give the thing some loose basis in scientific fact (even though it will, of course, be science fiction).

I half-way expect to see Ras return in Batman 3.

To void's post, $420ish shipped is the lowest I've seen this set go as a BIN from legit sellers. . .so far.

^ yeah I see your point RE inception and the prestige, but I would still find it a bit odd in the Batman universe he has established in the two films thus far.

I think the easiest way for Ra's to return (and I too think at the back of my mind, that this may actually happen) would be to explain how he escaped death in the train crash, then went away to rehabilitate etc. or send Talia to do his dirty work the next time around.

My dealer send his newsletter to me, and there was scarecrow for $190 ..and i was like HOLY ____!! ..then he sent un updated newsletter with scarecrow at $290:(

Guys - I have the chance to buy this set for $420 ($370 + $50 shipping to UK), any UK freaks out there that know of a better deal than that?

That works out to roughly £265 shipped.

That seems pretty good. The lowest i'd found is just under £300. I'd say anything under £300 is a definite buy. Go for it man. I would but i've gotta wait until i get paid on the 24th to buy. :( laaame.

Thanks for the input.

Another question - the reason I am able to get this price is that an ebay dealer has offered to sell it to me outside of ebay, to avoid fees.

He will send me a paypal invoice for the total and then i'll pay by paypal.

Question is - do I have any protection if say i send him payment and he decides not to send the figures? Can I open a paypal dispute and stand a good chance to get my money back??

I would normally not do a deal in this way, but for the extra saving in this case i'm really considering it since it's such a ridiculous outlay to begin with - as long as I can be reasonable assured of being protected, I'll go with it.

BATDEMON.jpg

SCRCRO.jpg

Love these shots. The demon looks great lit from below!

Thanks for the input.

Another question - the reason I am able to get this price is that an ebay dealer has offered to sell it to me outside of ebay, to avoid fees.

He will send me a paypal invoice for the total and then i'll pay by paypal.

Question is - do I have any protection if say i send him payment and he decides not to send the figures? Can I open a paypal dispute and stand a good chance to get my money back??

I would normally not do a deal in this way, but for the extra saving in this case i'm really considering it since it's such a ridiculous outlay to begin with - as long as I can be reasonable assured of being protected, I'll go with it.

No, there's not as much protection as there is on ebay. You also risk losing any kind of dispute. I wouldn't do it man. I've sent about a dozen sellers offers for this set and each time they want to go "outside ebay". They could easily change the auction for you if they wanted to.

I really don't recommend it, it's a scam waiting to happen.

Last edited:
You will get some protection with non-eBay Paypal transactions, but not as much.

From what I've read, guy could send you an empty box, and as long as he can prove it was shipped to you, he has some leverage in a Paypal dispute. But then, you aren't gonna get 100% protection anywhere.

Buyer beware.

Instead, you may suggest to the seller to under-price the auction (say, $30 less than his eBay asking price), then just pay him an extra $30 in shipping costs to cover the eBay fees. Then, you could still order through eBay and get more protection. However, you wouldn't be able to get those extra shipping fees back if you filed a dispute, probably.

You will get some protection with non-eBay Paypal transactions, but not as much.

From what I've read, guy could send you an empty box, and as long as he can prove it was shipped to you, he has some leverage in a Paypal dispute. But then, you aren't gonna get 100% protection anywhere.

Buyer beware.

Yep.

It's about 5% if you can articulate to paypal that it was indeed a scam. If intothevoid went into this deal and the seller screwed him out of it (either by a faulty tracking# or the empty box scam) he would lose out on a large amount of money and that's if he wins a case. On the other hand if the seller can back it up, Paypal would most likely side with the seller in which case intothevoid wouldn't receiving anything.

Well.

I guess no risk = no reward huh?

Buyer beware indeed.. thanks for the input, now i'll let my fanboy 'must buy this now' personality debate with my 'you idiot you could lose $420' one.

Lol

Well.

Buyer beware indeed.. thanks for the input, now i'll let my fanboy 'must buy this now' personality debate with my 'you idiot you could lose $420' one.

Lol

Haha i know what you mean man. Been there with the "must have it" side battling the "dont be an idiot" side. To be honest i'd avoid it if he wants the transaction outside of ebay. If he doesnt want ebay fees then why list it in the first place? Im pretty sure ebay has a few listed for just under £300, which i think is a pretty good deal.

Well.

Lol

best option would be:

asking seller to make a private auction with $1, and end it and put the remaining $429 on the shipping.

that way seller have very minimum fee, and you still get 100% protection from ebay as their insurance covers shipping as well.

I have been ____ed by a seller before, and luckily I took an extra effort of asking him to make the private auction despite his flawless feedback. Ebay refunded me the full amount :yess:

Going through official eBay channels at least gives you the recourse of feedback, and the extra "Buyer Protection" that eBay offers. Plus, feedback is only left by people who buy through eBay, but it generally gives you a good impression for how folks behave in that setting.

If I were you, I would just go through eBay and pay the extra $20 or whatever.

I'm also in the boat of wanting to wait because of a deal, but being impatient because I want this bad boy. A tough situation, to be sure :D

To Hydeous's post, I didn't know they covered your shipping, but given their new move to do away with shady practices of over-valuing shipping to screw eBay out of fees, I wouldn't rely too much on that. Better to just dock the fees out of the amount you are paying and add that much to your shipping cost, I say (so you pay $90 shipping instead of $60, for example).

ahhh so much to think about!! I think my 'don't be an idiot' side is winning. Lol... such torture watching these things get bid up from reasonable prices to ridiculous ones.

ahhh so much to think about!! I think my 'don't be an idiot' side is winning. Lol... such torture watching these things get bid up from reasonable prices to ridiculous ones.

whats his ebay ID, if you dont mid sharing?

I have bought quite a few items out of ebay from some HK sellers, and they are legit as they are fast with shipping even outside of ebay.

Yep.

It's about 5% if you can articulate to paypal that it was indeed a scam. If intothevoid went into this deal and the seller screwed him out of it (either by a faulty tracking# or the empty box scam) he would lose out on a large amount of money and that's if he wins a case. On the other hand if the seller can back it up, Paypal would most likely side with the seller in which case intothevoid wouldn't receiving anything.

What a queer world we live in. Why are they always on the side of the scammers/criminals?

Well, that's not always the case. There are crooked buyers too that can get away with just as much.

Sellers on ebay pretty much have ZERO rights when it comes to claims, issues, disputes. Ebay also eliminated negative feedback on the buyers end, so if a deal goes sour buyers can take advantage of a seller and sellers can't do anything to them.

It's not fun to sell.

Back