Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

And let's put it in this perspective, in The Dark Knight's defense.

It seems to me (bear with me, this will make sense) that older films like Raiders of the Lost Arc, Star Wars, The Terminator etc. are generally considered better films than their "modern takes". Modern film counterparts like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Episode whatever and Terminator Salvation.

The first Batman is a classic, a world wide phenomenon that has been well received. Much like the other films I listed from that 80s era.

The difference though is that there isn't a clear cut winner between the first interpretation and the modern one. Hence this Batman 1989 vs. The Dark Knight debate.

To me, that's pretty cool. If someone asks me "hey, which do you prefer, Salvation or the original Terminator", I'm not going to think twice, The Terminator.

But ask me the same thing about both Batman films and I might just make a long ass rant why they're both so damn good.

So true, well said :exactly::goodpost::exactly:

I suspect at least a few of the people calling the '89 Batman 'dated' have been born since the advent of digital filmmaking.

Batman was made back when they were still following the Douglas Trumbull cookbook. Glass matte painting, optical printing, blue screen elements... They don't make 'em that way anymore. So yes, it's dated.

The designs in that film still hold up. You could remake Batman 89 with today's camera and digital compositing techniques, but Anton Furst's designs would still work.

As for the story, it's more lighthearted in some ways. Some people like that better. Even Alan Moore regrets how Watchmen made everything that followed too dark.

As for the story, it's more lighthearted in some ways.

Yep, especially when compared to The Dark Knight, but it really fluctuates.

It's a very well rounded film. At times it's serious and dark in tone (Bruce Wayne recounting the night of his parents murder, the angst characters go through), other times there is humor (small quips from the characters) and then there's ironic dark comedy (the Joker commercial, talking to the dead mobster corpse etc.).

It has alot to offer. There's plenty of iconography, most of which has been borrowed specifically for the character of Batman in media that has been out after it. It also has fun, and of course seriousness. It skims the surface on that psychological level (the whole mano y mano, Batman and the Joker are different sides of the same coin, Bruce's damaged psyche) but doesn't delve deep enough to blur out the other categories and be the sole soul of the film.

Yeah, if you let it the Prince music can take you out of the film. But I honestly don't know what the scenes would be like without them (and I don't even like Prince). "Partyman" fits with the Joker character as he's ruining priceless art and "Trust" is appropriate for him trying to win (and ultimately kill) the hearts and minds of Gotham's citizens.

It's a different approach. It's kind of a celebration of that character that's larger than life. Kind of like the "bad to the bone" sequence in T2. You can either ignore it, hate it, or just let it flow. You have to remember that it made the film more memorable and marketable though.

This thread needs an enema.

jack2.jpg

Now that's the kind of moderating I can get behind! :rock :lol

If they did Batman TAS I'd get Batman, Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman and Clay-Face if they made them.

God lord, if they did BTAS, I would have to move back in with my parents. $$$$ :thud:

BTAS would be a weird Hot Toys line, DO NOT WANT.

However, I would like to see new BTAS figures in some form or another. I just don't know what the best aesthetic for them would be. 5"? 6"? 7"? 12"? What? Plastic, cloth?

Anyway I'd buy BTAS Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Two-Face, Man-Bat, Croc Clayface, Riddler etc. etc. Pretty much all of them.

I don't see why HT couldn't do amazing BTAS figures. :dunno

It will never happen, but still...

Is that a word?
I meant an introvert person. English is not my primary language, so these kind of mistakes are common with me, I am afraid...
Now that I look at it, I should have written just that "introvert":wink1:

In accordance to Maulfan's post, MOAR ENEMA,

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0rujArU3il8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0rujArU3il8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/IWeVAtn4Ldc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/IWeVAtn4Ldc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/huQ_PLmXm_M?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/huQ_PLmXm_M?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I don't see why HT couldn't do amazing BTAS figures. :dunno

Seriously. If HT did BTAS I would be broke and probably throw every other Batman figure I own in the garbage (by which I mean sell them on Ebay).

I don't see why HT couldn't do amazing BTAS figures.

BTAS is very streamlined. How could they possibly make BTAS action figures?

I can maybe see characters like Two-Face and The Joker. Characters with suits, but what about Batman, Robin and Catwoman? Look at their current Spider-Man and all the commotion that has gone with it.

No, I don't see them making BTAS figures, and if they did I don't see how they'd do them justice. They could go the Predator body route I guess but then they'd just be ordinary figures with exposed articulation.

Hot Toys and BTAS doesn't mix.

:rotfl

I love BTAS and I enjoy collecting Hot Toys figures. I have a pretty extensive BTAS collection myself. Figures, statues, maquettes etc. I just don't see how Hot Toys could make a BTAS line of figures.

The character designs just don't lend themselves to what Hot Toys has produced so far.

The three figures Hot Toys produced so far that I guess could be examples of how a BTAS line could work are,

- Spider-Man
- That stupid anime "friend" guy
- That stupid anime straight coat guy

Spider-Man has been nitpicked. Some of the gripes I agree with, some of them I don't.

The anime figures look like straight up ass.

I just don't see how BTAS could fit into the scheme of things with Hot Toys. I'd be happy to hear some ideas, but I just can't see it working.

If it somehow did work and flow properly, I'd be ALL over it. BTAS is my favorite interpretation of Batman. PERIOD.

HT should seriously consider BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY figures.

That would be awesome, considering people love the game so much and BATMAN looks just awesome.

Since HT did such great job on the other game based characters like Ezio and Resident Evil stuff, BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY or BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM would be super f-ing amazing !!!!!!!!!

Now those I could see.

Don't give them ideas, one petition turns into a battlefield.

Hahahaha really ?
How so ?

I just thought that a petition would be good to push HT to realize that BATMAN license is a money making machine just like Iron Man.

Well coming from me a big BATMAN fan, I want an HT rendition of Arkham City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back