Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

we need petition...

conan10.jpg

I could see figures from TAS,but they would have to be able to merge animation with reality in a visually appealing way,but if anyone could pull it off,Hot Toys could.

Regarding Burton vs. Nolan, it depends on what criteria you are using to judge them. Personally, I think Nolan's films have more "class," in that they are more traditionally dramatic, serious, and "rich". I also think they are less prone to being dated like Burton's films. On the other side of the coin, Burton's films are much more creative and artsy to me. I think they are much more original, since they only bear a very loose connection to the comics IMO, and since Burton created a new, wacky, Burton-esque world for the characters to live in. Nolan's films could have almost been regular Batman comic story arcs in my opinion, but Burton's could not.

But both were very high quality films, in terms of the abilities of the directors, the acting (though there was a fair amount of ham in the Burton Batman films, I think Burton got what he was looking for), and the overall production. With movies like T: Salvation, you have a half-assed script, cruddy special effects, and half-assed acting that just can't compare to a film that James Cameron would be behind.

So, I agree that it is tough to say one of the two Batman franchises (Burton vs. Nolan) is better across the board, since both are so different and are trying to do different things. But, each are each successful at what they were trying to do IMO.

Yep, exactly.

Do you think once spec/pics show up for these you'll be interested karamazov? I think it was either you or Evilface that seemed to be more interested in a 1/6 figure based on the comics then the rubber suits in the films. Out of all the movies, this Batman suit might be the closest to the comic. Especially if you're into the Neal Adams design.

Yeesh,It always comes back to Burton V. Nolan,we finally start moving this thread along,and the thing rears its ugly head again.(No offense Karamazov,just saying).

I would want the 1st Keaton Batsuit, the 1st Batmobile with non-gloss finish, Nicholson Joker, and Phieffer Catwoman. The Batplane would be epic.

Has anyone talked about how HT might do the hands? I'd like some wrist articulation but the gloves might be similar to Vader's in a 1:6 design. That means multiple gloved hands with no articulation.

Yep, exactly.

Do you think once spec/pics show up for these you'll be interested karamazov? I think it was either you or Evilface that seemed to be more interested in a 1/6 figure based on the comics then the rubber suits in the films. Out of all the movies, this Batman suit might be the closest to the comic. Especially if you're into the Neal Adams design.
I still don't know. Hard to say until we actually see them. I haven't been interested in any of the customs I've seen, but I do have some of the Kubricks. . .being a Jack Nicholson fan, I might have to bite on his Joker. And what good is Joker without Batman?

I do like the comic designs much more than movie designs. Even if Burton's suits are more like the comic than Nolan's, they are just completely different beasts to me.

Yeesh,It always comes back to Burton V. Nolan,we finally start moving this thread along,and the thing rears its ugly head again.(No offense Karamazov,just saying).
Honestly, I didn't realize the conversation had moved forward. The last post that appeared on my search was one by DiFabio on the issue. Only after I submitted my post did I realize folks had started going on about. . .Animated Series figures, which I think would be cool and would work, though they would obviously be different than what HT typically does most well.

Has anyone talked about how HT might do the hands? I'd like some wrist articulation but the gloves might be similar to Vader's in a 1:6 design. That means multiple gloved hands with no articulation.

Hmm, good point.

I guess they could always just make it the same way they made the Begins and TDK suit hands/gauntlets.

Just sculpt the glove hand and sculpt a gauntlet that looks like it's part of the hand. Yeah it would have a noticeable seam but it wouldn't sacrifice articulation.

I've seen, but I do have some of the Kubricks

Yeah, I have the Batman Kubricks as well (well, Batman, Batman Returns and Batman Begins).

It's a pity that Art Asylum never made Batman movie minimates. I would have been all over Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight mates. Maybe even a few vehicles thrown in the mix.

I remember prototype and concept designs for Begins minimates but they never saw the light of day unfortunately.

Agreed. You are correct in that Begins designs existed for the C3 Minimates line (before DC Direct took over), but I don't even know if actual prototypes were produced so much as little cut-outs of the control art that were shown at some convention.

DC Direct made a lot of stupid decisions with the DC Minimates, and I think the line died out before there was even a chance for Dark Knight figures, sadly.

I used to have the Kubrick Tumbler that I posed with my Kubricks, but no more.

The three figures Hot Toys produced so far that I guess could be examples of how a BTAS line could work are,

- Spider-Man
- That stupid anime "friend" guy
- That stupid anime straight coat guy

Spider-Man has been nitpicked. Some of the gripes I agree with, some of them I don't.

The anime figures look like straight up ass.

Those were the 2 examples that I was going to give, but you saved me the work. :)

I don't think they look "ass". They are just characters I don't recognize. That quality with Characters we know and love from BTAS would be great IMO. :dunno

HT should seriously consider BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY figures.

That would be awesome, considering people love the game so much and BATMAN looks just awesome.

Since HT did such great job on the other game based characters like Ezio and Resident Evil stuff, BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY or BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM would be super f-ing amazing !!!!!!!!!

OMG. :goodpost:

I would KILL for a Arkham Harley.

kill.

I still don't understand why a petition for arkham city would create a battle field

Hmm, good point.

I guess they could always just make it the same way they made the Begins and TDK suit hands/gauntlets.

Just sculpt the glove hand and sculpt a gauntlet that looks like it's part of the hand. Yeah it would have a noticeable seam but it wouldn't sacrifice articulation.

They cleverly camouflaged the MJ Bad joints with fabric attached to the hands that slipped in below the sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back