Hot Toys Batman (1989) Batmobile (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nearly every comment is that this is good enough. So while we’re a community that loves to complain about the lack of effort on Hot Toys part when it comes to figure reissues, our acceptance of it for this particular piece, is probably why Hot Toys doesn’t bother to improve the molds. Why waste the money if many of our customers are already satisfied.

They probably could’ve improved theirs and still charged substantially less than JazzInc’s.

I think people are too harsh on the first original ‘89 Batmobile. Yes, it’s a bit boxy but it has presence and was very affordable back in the day.

The least Hot Toys could have done was paint the rims darker and give it a nice finish (like their recent RoboCop). As is, it’s boring.

Nearly every comment is that this is good enough. So while we’re a community that loves to complain about the lack of effort on Hot Toys part when it comes to figure reissues, our acceptance of it for this particular piece, is probably why Hot Toys doesn’t bother to improve the molds. Why waste the money if many of our customers are already satisfied.

They probably could’ve improved theirs and still charged substantially less than JazzInc’s.

You know what, you're exactly right. I made this comment earlier saying how HT was bold for not making any chances to an obviously flawed 10 year old product. But after reading the comments I see why they didn't make any chances, they don't have to.

Dang thats kind of bold to not make any changes whatsoever with the first release being a decade ago. So much has changed since the in the 1/6 world since, expectations and accuracy are way more important now.

I think people are too harsh on the first original ‘89 Batmobile. Yes, it’s a bit boxy but it has presence and was very affordable back in the day.

The least Hot Toys could have done was paint the rims darker and give it a nice finish (like their recent RoboCop). As is, it’s boring.

It's honestly a good looking, show stopping piece, and if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't even have noticed most of the inaccuracies. But knowing what they know now HT could have made a few adjustments. To be fair though they might come through with the final production piece just like they did with the DeLorean and wheel issue.

Because now there are options to choose from. When you are the only player in the game no one will criticize because there is no competition. Once that competition comes the hating begins. No different then the statue game.

That may be their retail price.

But after additional early preorder/member/pennies discounts over at Popcultcha, I'm guessing it'll come out to $1,000 to $1,100 AUD shipped ($1,300*90%*90%=$1,053 AUD). More often than not, I get Hot Toy pieces from them in hand at a cost lower than Sideshow's listed price adjusted to the Aussie dollar.
I usually go for sugo toys but popcultcha might be the better option. They actually got their batman forever figures in before sugo toys did, so I'm still waiting for sugo to get theres.

It's interesting that other reissues get slammed but i had a feeling batman 1989 reissues would just be accepted. Everyone wants these, they did it really good the first time around so they're rolling in the dough if they made changes or not.

I usually go for sugo toys but popcultcha might be the better option. They actually got their batman forever figures in before sugo toys did, so I'm still waiting for sugo to get theres.

It’s extremely rare for Popcultcha to cost me more for a preorder for Hot Toys versus me getting it from Sugo. Honestly I don’t think it’s ever occurred.

However, Sugo has previously dropped the price on a few items dramatically (by literally hundreds) when pieces arrived in stock, such as the life size Nano Gauntlets and Diecast figures such as Iron Patriot and Rescue. Which led me to cancelling my preorders with Popcultcha.

You know what, you're exactly right. I made this comment earlier saying how HT was bold for not making any chances to an obviously flawed 10 year old product. But after reading the comments I see why they didn't make any chances, they don't have to.
I mean, unless you've owned the original or spent years following threads about it--or you're just extremely familiar with the design of this car--you're probably not aware of the "obvious flaws."

If you asked me to pick out every flaw on HT's RoboCop, I could do that. I'm very familiar with that design, I own the piece, and I scrutinize RoboCop crap on the regular. But while I've been watching Batman for thirty years, nothing immediately stands out to me as "obviously flawed" on this product. I'm just not that tuned in on this particular piece. Not saying the flaws aren't there, just that you can't expect everyone to immediately see them.

Edit: Heh, well, I suppose it does seem a little more "square" than it should.

Last edited:
Will the jazzinc version have better proportions compared to hot toys? That's really the only thing that would sway me

strange, i coulda sworn it was originally released for $450.
Screenshot_2023-02-15-03-16-49.png

JazzIns $1499 (plus s/h from the Netherlands): very expensive but also more accurate.
Hot Toys $715 (plus s/h from SS): a far cheaper option but a lazy re-issue w/known inaccuracies that betrays a disinterest in meeting the rising expectations of collectors.

I own eight JazzInc dioramas/vehicles and, while they vary in accuracy and detail, they are in general vastly superior to anything else produced on a commercial scale. That said, theirs is over twice as much money (and more expensive to ship to the US to boot), so I can easily see many collectors joining the "HT is good enough for me" camp - especially if you're not a diehard Batman fan.

Last edited:
I'm assuming this will be usb powered? It would be strange if it isn't.
The original wasn't so seeing as this is a straight reissue

Also the site says: Battery not included for collectible, three (3) AA batteries are required

Ok so I’m out of the loop on this. What are the “obvious flaws” in the HT Batmobile that some of you keep talking about? 🧐

considering how there’s no shield on this anymore I figure the biggest complaint about the scuff marks from
Shipping will go away right? That was the biggest complaint from that period? That along the fact that the 89 Batmobile was a hybrid of both 89 and 92 returns giving the accessories it came with, colors and all 🤭

I learned a lot. Like how Anton painted this gunmetal and not black or really really really dark grey, they tore this apart

Back