Hot Toys Batman (1989) Batmobile (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I am missing something, there aren't enough pictures available of the Jazzinc version to prompt me to preorder or consider it as an option.
It's still a work in progress, so JazzInc will surely release more pics some time in the future, like they did with the Batman Forever Batmobile.......:)

I want this. But it’s an investment for sure. Not only the cash or the vehicle itself, but for the space. And then there’s buying an additional display case or shelf for it.

I have to think about this one.

This is likely going to be cheaper than the jazz version, 100% guaranteed. Sure Jazz will be more accurate, but the real state this takes, and the fact that it just gets displayed and that's it, I'm ok with the HT version TBH.

What is the price for the reissue?

A second chance at this Batmobile is really tempting. I’ll more than likely have to pass though. I’m sure it’s going to be super expensive and it’s a large piece which I don’t have space for. I’d love to get it other than those reasons though.

I am literally curious and waiting to see what these folks are going to charge this time and of course with Sideshow the little markup lol.

There's a fellow collector on reddit who guesstimates what new HT preorders will go for on Sideshow and he's usually pretty close. This is what he's estimating:

Batman: HK$ 1,730 / $220 USD from Secret Base meaning around $280~ from Sideshow

Batman (Deluxe): HK$ 2,190 / $279 USD from Secret Base meaning around $350~ from Sideshow

Batmobile: HK$ 4,600 / $586 USD from Secret Base meaning around $750 from Sideshow. They usually close the gap the more expensive an item is, so $650-$700 is more likely IMO

This was posted by onesixthposing on reddit. Like I said, he's usually close with these estimates and it makes sense considering todays market inflation.

Ugh....I hate it when there are 'guesstimates'. The number of times over the years I've seen estimates on this site then boom, it's up at Sideshow at that cost. It's as though they analyze this site seeing what we are willing to pay.

This is a straight reissue and as an owner of the original I can say it might be big but there's not a whole lot to it from an assembly or paintwork standpoint; think Barbie Dreamcar but in black.

They should be able to price this thing as a cheap budget alternative to the far superior but also far more expensive JazzInc version.

I have my original (which I nabbed brand new in the box for $260, maybe the best deal I've ever gotten with a collectible!), and I absolutely love it. It's definitely worth even an inflated price. I display both the shields and the Batmobile on separate tables, and they're incredibly impressive. Don't pass on this one a second time if you didn't get the original.

Dang thats kind of bold to not make any changes whatsoever with the first release being a decade ago. So much has changed since the in the 1/6 world since, expectations and accuracy are way more important now.

Hey, wheN did sideshow started doing military discounts with id.me? OMG this is a lifechanger. I missed out on a second batmobile when they sold them for $400 for people who returned theirs for scuff marks, not missing out on this another one again. I need one for spare parts. Enough said. This was for the people who said hot toys wouldn’t reissue this beast again LOL.

Hey but the Shield’s missing so far.

Back