Hot Toys Batman (1989) Batmobile (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't it $600 something originally?

The price is really not bad all things considered. Ordered and canceled Jazz's. First time I'm eating an NRD in 10 years.

Honestly it looks like a straight reissue you'd be fine keeping the old one...unless your intentions to sell it weren't because of a reissue.

I let mine go during the first pandemic lock-down and made back all my aftermarket money. I won't be getting another but if I were ... I'd get the Jazz Inc.
Honestly, I’m in the process of slimming my collection down immensely and was gonna sell this for around the reissue retail and go with Joosts on a long payment plan.

If anyone in NYC/LI area is interested in having basically the same car as the new one for the same price, I’m still interested in parting ways. Probably put the ‘92 Bats two pack up too and just wait for the bee ‘89 Batman. Just throwing it out there.

Wasn't it $600 something originally?

The price is really not bad all things considered. Ordered and canceled Jazz's. First time I'm eating an NRD in 10 years.
Yeah I got mine from Alter Ego for $615 a decade ago; but it was overpriced then and this time the R&D and molds are already made.

The box is massive, unless they find a way to trim down the side of the box for shipping will be astronomical kind of like the price of a prime one statue is what I would imagine
1676396450542.jpeg

I remember when I told my dad he was like you spent $600 on a toy Batmobile?? back in 2014 this was my first ever hot toy and Lord knows if he knew what things cost nowadays goodness lol.

This will likely be over $900 once shipping and taxes are added (and remember Sideshow taxes the shipping as well as the item). That said it will still be @$800 less than Jazzinc's (I'm assuming Michigan's 6% sales tax). The question now is are the additional bells & whistles that Joost is including worth that? It will definitely require more scrutiny before deciding. Dimensionally they're the same width, but Joost's should be sleeker as (per the specs) it's 10cm longer (110 vs.100) and 3.25cm shorter in height (21.75 vs. 25). I'm guessing HT cheated on the height to fit the DX09 inside but I'm not sure that will be a concern without the Jazzinc version next to it?

Last edited:
While the JazzInc version will surely be the superior version, it's a little too rich for my blood--I'll be happy to finally have a chance to get the HT version.

Hey, wheN did sideshow started doing military discounts with id.me? OMG this is a lifechanger. I missed out on a second batmobile when they sold them for $400 for people who returned theirs for scuff marks, not missing out on this another one again. I need one for spare parts. Enough said. This was for the people who said hot toys wouldn’t reissue this beast again LOL.

Hey but the Shield’s missing so far.
I just used ID. me. the discount is ( sideshow thanks you for your service) Ha, should have known.

Price isn’t bad at all in my opinion. It’s missing the shield from the first release but I seem to recall not many were fans of it in the first place because it was a flimsy piece.

Also considering how much the DeLorean costs and with everything else sky high now days I expected a bigger jump in price.

I’m really tempted but I don’t have the room for it. Plus if I’m getting one vehicle I kind of want the DeLorean slightly more.

Lol. Probs 1300 AUD calling it now. I've had to seriously think about the figures i wanna get and leave some on the chopping block. Might have to pass on tobey and gobby for this alone lol.

That may be their retail price.

But after additional early preorder/member/pennies discounts over at Popcultcha, I'm guessing it'll come out to $1,000 to $1,100 AUD shipped ($1,300*90%*90%=$1,053 AUD). More often than not, I get Hot Toy pieces from them in hand at a cost lower than Sideshow's listed price adjusted to the Aussie dollar.

I think this is great for the people that do not want to spend what Jazzinc is charging. If you don’t really care about accuracy then the Hot Toy’s version is absolutely perfect for you. It is a beautiful version. While we haven’t seen any photos of Jazzinc’s I am confident they will deliver a superior product. Joost is really doing his homework on this. Not only is he in contact with Warner Bros but he is talking to people that either know or own the real car. He’s not messing around on this project. I will say one last thing, Joost knows the actual paint they used and if he duplicates that on this then its a wrap. With all that being said at the end of the day it is expensive and is it worth it? Until we get photos can’t really say.

I mean, Mine will be inside a glass case, so HT'spricing is perfect. Sure Joost's will likely be "better" but at an almost 50% premium, I just don't know. I guess I simply don't care about accuracy all that much. They both look like the 1989 Batmobile I love.

Yea hard to say how much more accurate the Jazzinc will be. It already looks exactly like the 89 batmobile. I don't know if I care about getting micro details exactly right. When it comes to the sculpt of a face, I do care, because humans are better at identifying faces. When it comes to the finish of the chrome on a hubcap- I dont remember what the real version looked like, so I dont really care. For the jazzinc to be worth 50% it would have to drastically look better than the hot toys one at first glance.

Yeah until Joost releases some 3D renders of his Batmobile so we can see a direct comparison, I'm inclined to just hold onto my HT version for now. I've always known the proportions were a bit off, but it's never been a dealbreaker for me.

I notice TW have an option to ship without the massive HT box and save on the shipping. Maybe something for other retailers to consider.

I mean, Mine will be inside a glass case, so HT'spricing is perfect. Sure Joost's will likely be "better" but at an almost 50% premium, I just don't know. I guess I simply don't care about accuracy all that much. They both look like the 1989 Batmobile I love.
Yeah, right now I think HT is the way to go. Price-wise it's basically the equivalent of buying three (3) 1/6 scale figures, whereas the Jazzinc version is the equivalent of buying SIX. And while Joost's might look a bit sleeker and have better lights, sounds, etc., I rarely mess with those on anything in my collection anyway, so they're not something for which I'd pay a premium (especially not $800+).

I think this is really going to cut into the # of orders that Joost gets. Fortunately it's verty early in his release cycle, so he'll be able to adjust his batch size such that he's not left holding the bag.

Back