Hot Toys Batman (1989) Batmobile (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the first pic here, the rear wheel's 2 ''circles'' on the inside of the tire appear to be silver, so i'm still thinking it might be the shadow cast on the rest of the wheel, giving it a dark bronze appearance.Maybe some one can post pics of stills from the movie where Batman activates the Batmobile's shields, before and after the shields cover the tires, as the wheels inside the tires definitely appear to be silver in those scenes.......:)

Batman.1989.mp4_snapshot_01.09.17.819.jpg

Let's get one thing clear-- the Jazzinc blows the HT out of the water that it's not even a fair fight, let's not even compare. That said, I've been collecting 1/6 figures since the early 2000's and one thing I always ask myself before making a huge purchase is that "What can this do for me?" For the price of the HT, you get a great representation of the Batmobile but at the Jazzince price, regardless of how true to life it looks, you start questioning your life choices, at what price does a collectible start to become not worth it?

Again just to clarify, it sounds like I'm critiquing JazzInc's prices but that's not the case at all, Joost is a wonderful person and their work is second to none. I'm just saying every collector has their preference and both choices are valid imo.

Yeah you’re right. It’s not fair to compare a 600 $ product to a 1500 $ product.
Everyone do not want or just can’t spend this amount of money for a collectible.
I had the HT for a decade and I still think it’s a great item with a lot of presence.
99% of people recognize the 89 Batmobile and won’t see the inaccuracies.
Some of people just want a decent representation of the car and it’s cool and don’t need a true replica
As I said before there is room for both products.

Thanks for posting the pic Dave_W! To me, you can clearly see that the inner wheels appear to be silver, no doubt about it, but perhaps the 89 Batmobile JazzInc's is based on, may have had the dark bronze wheels, because any time a type of vehicle is used in movies and tv shows [ the Batmobile, KITT from Knight Rider, etc. ] the main vehicle you see on screen is referred to as the ''Hero'' car, but usually, another version of the car is used for stunts, miniatures, etc, that's slightly different in appearance.When Joost gets back on the forum, someone should ask him if the wheels on the JazzInc 89 Batmobile are based on a version of the Batmobile from the movie that did in fact have dark bronze colored wheels..........:)

What we’re certain about is that the Jazzinc version is a 3D Lazer scan of the actual 1989 Hero car and all the paint references are exactly the same used for the hero car used on set. It’s a fact.
Anyway, it’s not the place to discuss anymore of the Jazzinc version.

And yes, you’re right, Jinkazama, there are at least 3 different cars used for the movie.
The hero car (the one used as reference for Joost), the stunt car (slightly shorter, we could consider as reference for HT?) and the miniature RC studio scale model used for decent to mystery and Axis scenes which was obviously used as reference for the Toynami version.
IMG_3778.jpeg

IMG_3777.jpeg

IMG_3776.jpeg

Last edited:
With this one being more accurate. And bigger. Will hot toys Batman reissue look like a 1/7 scale figure next to this

The HT one gets the advantages of its defects.
It takes less space, is easier to display and is twice cheaper.
Hope that this competition forces HT to bring last minute upgrades.

Hope that this competition forces HT to bring last minute upgrades.
It won’t, HT molds are already made and this is probably tied with the DeLorean as their best selling 1:6 vehicle. No need to cut into their profits when it’s already waitlisted. If it was a 2.0 instead of a reissue I could see them caring a bit more.

With this one being more accurate. And bigger. Will hot toys Batman reissue look like a 1/7 scale figure next to this
*that one*
This is the HT thread, after all.

But, yes. The HT looks pathetic in comparison.
View attachment 680247
I have no doubt the JazzInc’s proportions are more accurate but what’s funny about this to me is that the Hot Toys one already seemed SO BIG in person that I swore they must have made it 1/5 scale.

The real car is really not very large. When seen alongside people or other cars, it looks like a very long go-cart. Batman is basically sitting on the ground.

I have no doubt the JazzInc’s proportions are more accurate but what’s funny about this to me is that the Hot Toys one already seemed SO BIG in person that I swore they must have made it 1/5 scale.

The real car is really not very large. When seen alongside people or other cars, it looks like a very long go-cart. Batman is basically sitting on the ground.
That’s true… It’s kinda shocking seeing how small it looks next to a regular car.
Maybe there’s a considerable difference between the ‘hero’ car and the stunt version that actually needed to be manoeuvrable for driving scenes.

If it was buying the HT version on Ebay for insane prices or just wait for the JazzInc for probably cheaper than the Ebay prices it would be a no-brainer to get the JazzInc. Getting the HT version is a great choice if it's just going to be a part of your collection on a shelf amongst other figures.

That’s true… It’s kinda shocking seeing how small it looks next to a regular car.
Maybe there’s a considerable difference between the ‘hero’ car and the stunt version that actually needed to be manoeuvrable for driving scenes.
The Hero car is a very big vehicle.
IMG_3783.jpeg

IMG_3782.jpeg

IMG_3779.jpeg

Had the chance to see it in 1989 for the promotional tour of the movie and seemed gigantic to me.

Last edited:
Honestly if you're looking to save cash, wait until the Jazzinc is looking to release. I bet there will be a bunch of people unloading their original for cheap (below current msrp, possibly at the original or lower). Might be able to pick one up locally at a steal.

Honestly if you're looking to save cash, wait until the Jazzinc is looking to release. I bet there will be a bunch of people unloading their original for cheap (below current msrp, possibly at the original or lower). Might be able to pick one up locally at a steal.
For a while, I thought I might be one of those people selling, but now I'm thinking about keeping it and displaying it with the cocoon on it.

I don't know just how cheap you might think this will be going for, but the new version doesn't have the cocoon, so it might not be as cheap as you would think, assuming some people will want that cocoon. I'm also curious to see if HT can ship it to the US and not scratch it all up like they did with the original version. I ordered mine from a seller in Japan just to get it in pristine shape. I paid $750 for it back then (including shipping), and I have no intention of letting it go at a loss when the new (and unchaged) version doesn't have everything the old version has.

I would think that local pickup at $750 with the cocoon for a pristine batmobile, versus $720 plus shipping without the cocoon might look like a real bargain. Especially if HT isn't going to ship until sometime around September and you'll have no idea just how scratched up it is until you open it up. The cocoon actually helped protect the car in shipment, so it's anybody's guess as to how this will work out without it.

Just sayin' ;)

For a while, I thought I might be one of those people selling, but now I'm thinking about keeping it and displaying it with the cocoon on it.

I don't know just how cheap you might think this will be going for, but the new version doesn't have the cocoon, so it might not be as cheap as you would think, assuming some people will want that cocoon. I'm also curious to see if HT can ship it to the US and not scratch it all up like they did with the original version. I ordered mine from a seller in Japan just to get it in pristine shape. I paid $750 for it back then (including shipping), and I have no intention of letting it go at a loss when the new (and unchaged) version doesn't have everything the old version has.

I would think that local pickup at $750 with the cocoon for a pristine batmobile, versus $720 plus shipping without the cocoon might look like a real bargain. Especially if HT isn't going to ship until sometime around September and you'll have no idea just how scratched up it is until you open it up. The cocoon actually helped protect the car in shipment, so it's anybody's guess as to how this will work out without it.

Just sayin' ;)
That's fair. I'm totally speculating but as someone who has a never displayed original and is contemplating the Jazz Inc version, it really depends on whether you have the space to house it more than anything. I was waiting for my Moducases to ship to display it but now that Joost confirmed that it would fit in a Moducase110 (barely) I'm wondering if it's better to just order the Jazzinc version and see what I can get for it locally. I don't have a lot of space so I can really only have one big vehicle in my collection so I'd like the ultimate version of that vehicle.

It's yet to be seen whether HT learned their lesson about shipping this thing. If I recall correctly a lot of the scratches were from them not adding foam padding to the cocoon shell in the first batches. Lack of cocoon could be a positive in that case but if the choice is $730 plus shipping (which with current Sideshow rates would have to be over a $150) and $700 for local pickup of a pristine original with the cocoon, most folks would opt of the later, unless they were MISB only collectors. I'd imagine they've gotten better at logistics since 2012 but who knows. They've been out of the large vehicle game for a while. If they do mess it up, I can offset more of the JazzInc with the sale, so here's to hoping they do.

Back