Hot Toys Batman (1989) Batmobile (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That appears to be a mold for the 89/92 Batmobile that hasn't been painted black, that's why it's grey in color...........:)
It’s not a mold, these are legit props from the movies, the studio guide told me they brought it out from the Warner brothers archives, for example they had a cowl from returns and an original Keaton costume

Consider comparing the miniature as well from the returns

Attachments

• IMG_2859.jpeg
    IMG_2859.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2768.jpeg
    IMG_2768.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2799.jpeg
    IMG_2799.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6707.jpeg
    IMG_6707.jpeg
    997.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It’s not a mold, these are legit props from the movies, the studio guide told me they brought it out from the Warner brothers archives, for example they had a cowl from returns and an original Keaton costume
If the Batmobile on display is indeed an original prop used in either the 89 Batman or Batman Returns movies, then the paint certainly has faded over time, because the 89 Batmobile was matte black, and the Returns Batmobile was a glossy black.........:)

It's on a bts video of Batman 89 where they say 'special Japanese flip flop paint' where it goes purple in certain conditions.

Found it...

Last edited:
If the Batmobile on display is indeed an original prop used in either the 89 Batman or Batman Returns movies, then the paint certainly has faded over time, because the 89 Batmobile was matte black, and the Returns Batmobile was a glossy black.........:)
Considering how they store the props in the archive warehouse and seeing some other super heroes displays and especially the age of this bad boy wouldn't surprise me about the color fade, but to be honest the dark grey popped up in person, it wasn't black at all by any means.

Another caveat from seeing the bale, keaton, pattinson costumes is how monumental they are in person, damn, affleck was huge and taller than cavill!!!
I was shocked to see that keaton is close to 5'9, I always though he would be taller but damn I was over the moon seeing the original costumes and the dark knight bat suit as well.
the 89/92 batmobile was detailed though, this website couldn't let me post the *.dng format pictures because I took raw and hi res pictures for my own research purposes but that Warner Brothers studio was emotional to say the least, Worth it for the DC section alone.
The Batmobile shown off from the Dave_W video off the WB special one is the same from the display, with the dual antennas on top of the canopy vent and the wipers, Since the over head lights were on the showcase it wouldn't suprise if it gave it that greyish tone, under natural light it would be black like in the video!

Last edited:
The car was satin black in both films. Slightly shinier in returns but never glossy.

That appears to be a mold for the 89/92 Batmobile that hasn't been painted black, that's why it's grey in color...........:)
Makes sense if it was grey during filming, as it would be easier to light.

89 Batmobile was my first HT car. When the box arrived I was like "WTF!" Where the HELL am I going to put this? When the Delorean arrived the box lookde laughably small... then the Blitzway Ecto arrived and I barely got it in the door...

the 89/92 batmobile was detailed though, this website couldn't let me post the *.dng format pictures because I took raw and hi res pictures for my own research purposes but that Warner Brothers studio was emotional to say the least, Worth it for the DC section alone.

Can you upload those .dng pics to abload.de or Upload Image — Free Image Hosting and post them here that way?

I sold mine 1 000 € 2 weeks before the reissue announcement…
Never thought it would see the light of day a second time.

With the cluster that was the delorean, the disappointment of qc issues with the ecto-1, Im really paranoid of what im getting in 3 years.

I wonder what this, or the first version hot toys released, would look like with a full repaint. That to me is the biggest thing holding this back and making it look like a toy.

Didnt they use a 'flip-flop' colour changing paint or something?
they were repainting it during filming to kep the special japanese paint working its magic
that grey batmobile is just a prop for display
the real cars were already sold

Back