Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yess it's coming, at some point[emoji5]️
b79d9c3d2391992eca3468bd522b9e4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you get that it is coming. It says Hopefully, they can solve the production problems. Sounds to me like it is still up in the air.

They'll figure it out.. we just have to wait longer. The good news is it hasn't been cancelled and they have every intention of producing it.

BM Penguin would be killer.

View attachment 142453

I actually had a dream that HT solicited him a year ago, and, ever since, I've wanted him, because it seemed amazing. I only remember seeing the close-up of the headsculpt, and he had almost that exact expression (except he had the cigarette stick dangling from the corner of his mouth), but you could tell it was a figure because it had all of the little logos and banners, and that quality of it being almost too real because of all the texturing. Like I said in the '66 thread, Penguin, Riddler, and Joker, and I'm a happy camper.

I actually had a dream that HT solicited him a year ago, and, ever since, I've wanted him, because it seemed amazing. I only remember seeing the close-up of the headsculpt, and he had almost that exact expression (except he had the cigarette stick dangling from the corner of his mouth), but you could tell it was a figure because it had all of the little logos and banners, and that quality of it being almost too real because of all the texturing. Like I said in the '66 thread, Penguin, Riddler, and Joker, and I'm a happy camper.

I wish we had gotten similar positive news re: Returns. :(

Yess it's coming, at some point[emoji5]️
b79d9c3d2391992eca3468bd522b9e4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You all should know that's Howard's way of saying "it's never going to happen, I just don't have the balls to tell you all yet." I've read too many of Howard's interviews to see hope in this. They can put a Delorean into production but encounter too many problems with 66 Batmobile? No Hope.

You all should know that's Howard's way of saying "it's never going to happen, I just don't have the balls to tell you all yet." I've read too many of Howard's interviews to see hope in this. They can put a Delorean into production but encounter too many problems with 66 Batmobile? No Hope.

Yeah, I wasn't too hopeful when I read between the lines. But it wasn't an outright 'no', so I'm holding on to that :)

It depends, Hot Toys sucks at making cars, I just can't stand how the Delorean Lights are all on, like back up lights.

It depends, Hot Toys sucks at making cars, I just can't stand how the Delorean Lights are all on, like back up lights.
Maybe there will be more than one switch to turn the lights on giving you the option of reverse lights. However, lights really only matter when you're showing the item off to a friend and generally they're just blown away that you have a 1/6 iconic vehicle.

It really doesnt matter like you were saying, but it's just a small pet peeve, but a big one is how the tachometers or speedometers lights are not on, everything else is, but not those. I mean in 1/6 you can do wonders with LED's, I have seen some awesome custom 1/18 scale work on model cars, but if I knew how to do it, I would mod the hell out of the 1989 batmobile among other things. But to me, if they throw lights in a model car, they make it or break it in realism.

the siren would look beast on the 1966 batmobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIKVfQJN39o

Check the skyline video and see how much that much detail in a 1/18 scale car, would have killed some of the hot toys 1/6 vehicles, and it somewhat pisses me off that it gets overlooked, no complains though, it's just a what if.

Frankie

One day maybe.

What production problems? Delorean seems much more difficult to mass produce than the 66 Batmobile, many more details. Just release it in matte black vs glossy then if that's an issue. Heck, I will paint it and put it together if that would help like the old Revell 1:12 models back in the 70's. Hell, Hotwheels has made most the 66 Batmobile in couple different scales.

But then why would they still push other characters. HT is known to abandon everything if one figure doesn't get the attention it wants.

It'll make it out...maybe production problems means they are still securing rights from Bariss or something.

Who knows how long they've been working on that Delorean.

It's Hot Toys so it could well still get cancelled but I'm hoping it doesn't and the interview confirms that is still a very strong possibility.

Gives me time to save up more reward points cause I totally expect to get this bad boy for the cost to ship it. :yess:

I'm a huge fan of both the 60's bats and BTTF but I will go on a limb and say that the batmobile would probably sell just as many units as the delorean. I'm not sure what the hold up is.

I'm a huge fan of both the 60's bats and BTTF but I will go on a limb and say that the batmobile would probably sell just as many units as the delorean. I'm not sure what the hold up is.

Probably more. The Batmobile appeals to figure collectors as well as car enthusiasts. The smaller scale 1:18 Batmobiles have sold well. It's the most famous car in the world or close to it. The real Barris Batmobile recently sold at auction setting records. So HT knows this and remember they had this displayed as a HT showpiece ( along with the Delorean) at SDCC. I think they are having production problems with the paint. I had a custom 66 Batmobile built fort me and the builder told me he had to apply 7 coats of paint to get that correct glossy finish. HT is probably dealing with that more than any other issue. They made the 66 figures, are planning on doing more so I think they will eventually get this done if it can be cost effective.

Back