Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Doc Brown MMS617

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll admit, both of these look kind of 'meh'... though I was never excited about them in the first place, to be fair.

That being said, bravo to Hot Toys for releasing the set on the same day
and not making people wait a year or so to complete the set.

I'll stick with my Part II versions, as I think they are both the best overall
versions of these two that Hot Toys have made.

They look like toys. Not high end collectables. Nothing says "WOW" to me. No matter. Never was interested in these.
Anyways still looking for my first Hot Toys purchase of the year.
Some of those photos almost look like they could pass for those idealized DAM Toys figures. More like caricatures.
Yeah something about these two just ain't it. I'm not getting any sense of realism on these two. Outside of the outfits (which are also WAY too clean), the sculpts give a very toyish and caricature vibe.

Well so much for them improving the sculpt. Although Doc does at least look passable to me. Not sure what's going on with Marty.
They gave Marty an expression that really only works with the poncho/final duel look.

I don’t think Doc really looks anything like Chris Lloyd, but they haven’t had a great track record with any of his figs.

Doc looks better then he did in the proto imo, the Marty looks a bit off. Might wait for a few more pics/vids. Part 3 is my least favourite, so I might hold off from getting these.

No; both Doc and Marty from Part 3 are very disappointing. Naff sculpts, Marty is especially gormless looking and way too smooth and shiny, the outfits are poorly fitted- even for a baggier style- and have a touch of old school sideshow about them, and even the bodies and hands seem awkward and poorly proportioned.
Really seems like HT just churned these out to retain the license.

I’m not feeling much inclination to keep them. Might sell em off to help me pick up the BTTF II duo from eBay, as that’s looking like the only way I’m gonna get them for the flying DeLorean if HT aren’t gonna do 2.0s.

Still disappointing that they didn’t give us two heads (one without the hat— same with the new Indy).
I would have liked removable hats or second sculpts as well but to be fair they are rarely without them in the film.

No; both Doc and Marty from Part 3 are very disappointing. Naff sculpts, Marty is especially gormless looking and way too smooth and shiny, the outfits are poorly fitted- even for a baggier style- and have a touch of old school sideshow about them, and even the bodies and hands seem awkward and poorly proportioned.
Really seems like HT just churned these out to retain the license.

I’m not feeling much inclination to keep them. Might sell em off to help me pick up the BTTF II duo from eBay, as that’s looking like the only way I’m gonna get them for the flying DeLorean if HT aren’t gonna do 2.0s.
I thought initially the tailoring looked pretty good in the photos but you make good points. Marty’s poncho did look particularly starchy in the video lol.

I find myself easily influenced by the negative or 'meh' reactions - and that aligns well with my need to not be buying Hot Toys figures for the next few months. So I might just pass on Hot Toys BTTF altogether. I would really want to get that Tomy Delorean though to use with the NECA line...

The biggest issue with the sculpted hair on Doc, is it’s too “straight” and perfectly symmetrical. It should have looked sort of frizzy and uneven. This is just laziness.

Back