Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Doc Brown MMS617

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest issue with the sculpted hair on Doc, is it’s too “straight” and perfectly symmetrical. It should have looked sort of frizzy and uneven. This is just laziness.
Actually Doc’s hair is probably at its least crazy in Part III so I don’t think that’s as much as the issue here. I think it’s more we’ve seen hair done better by InArt and even some third party companies. Hot Toys could up their game in that regard.

Weird. For some reason I thought they were bith going to ship together; like Han and Chewie.

I don't feel very enthused about this pair.

Overall Marty looks better to me, especially without the poncho. I pre-ordered these to do double duty as western characters, and Marty was going to be a Billy the Kid type. I like the hand sculpted for the thumb to cock the hammer, and that the hand can actually hold the Colt properly.

The poncho will find a use on another western character.

Doc would be in the duster, like an aging Long Rider. His weird starched looking hair is a bit off putting though.

Mine are coming from Planet Action Figures' group, One Sixth Paradise Hell, so probably won't arrive for another year based on past experience.

Last edited:
I don't feel very enthused about this pair.

Overall Marty's looks better to me, especially without the poncho. I pre-ordered these to do double duty as western characters, and Marty was going to be a Billy the Kid type. I like the hand sculpted for the thumb to cock the hammer, and that the hand can actually hold the Colt properly.

The poncho will find a use on another western character.

Doc would be in the duster, like an aging Long Rider. His weird starched looking hair is a bit off putting though.

Mine are coming from Planet Action Figures' group, One Sixth Paradise Hell, so probably won't arrive for another year based on past experience.
Yeah me neither, I was waiting to see the finished product before committing but they just dont impress me enough.

Gotta say Doc almost looks worth having just for that rifle alone. I hadn't realized how incredibly cool it looked until Justin's review. And now I kinda want a full sized replica of it too...

Gotta say Doc almost looks worth having just for that rifle alone. I hadn't realized how incredibly cool it looked until Justin's review. And now I kinda want a full sized replica of it too...

Looking at photos of the actual rifle this morning the perfect term for it popped up: "Steampunk".

It's one thing from the beginning I wasn't sure I'd use, because it can't do double duty for the real old west.

Without the telescope and the anti-aircraft ring sight it could pass for a custom long-barrelled Winchester Model 1866 "Yellow Boy", since Winchester would make barrels to order for their customers.

But there's no way Hot Toys would've made disassembly possible without causing some damage, because it's what it's meant to be.

A by product of looking at photos also highlighted again how badly Hot Toys sculpted Doc's hair.

1200px-BTTF3_013.jpg

His hair isn’t really always as crazy in the third film. It’s a sculpt so it won’t look as good but it doesn’t look that bad to me.
IMG_2666.jpeg

Personal opinion but part 2 set is the best of the 3 and the ones they put the most effort into.
Defo the BTTF 1 figs were half assed imo. I mean the new Marty + Einstein & Doc, especially Doc. The first BTTF Marty fig was ok. I always felt a poor paint app really let that figure down, too tanned.
Overall I like the BTTF 2 figs the most, probably Marty over Doc as the resemblance to Fox is much closer then it is to Lloyd, with their respective sculpts, you could always put the shades on Doc though which helped the look.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I’m not the biggest fan of Part II Doc’s outfit. I don’t hate it but just not my favorite of his looks. Marty I wish had the proper branding on the bag and shoes.

Oh definitely. If I was going to have a definitive Part 2 Doc, I would much rather it be in this outfit. And I'm still crossing my fingers that the proto HT made gets produced.

main-qimg-56176a0f1b19cd5bd975ba647711deec-lq.jpg

Is it just me or do these two figures have photos of the actors on the boxes instead of the figures? When have they done that before?

Is it just me or do these two figures have photos of the actors on the boxes instead of the figures? When have they done that before?
That was done for all the original release Avengers figures. I had that entire set and they were all pics of the actors from the movie.
From my own memory I think they have only done that three other times(If we count all releases from each time they did it as a single instance). They used actual images of the actors from Sucker Punch on the boxes, also on the slip cases for the Rogue One figures(Definitely Jyn and Chirrut have pics of the actors), and these BTTFIII figures.
Most, as you say, use a picture of the figure.
And of course, interior images are always if the figure.
If I have missed any(And that’s entirely possible), I expect someone else will chime in.

Back