Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, just got in mine and everything seems to be ok and working, but the paintjob on the upper wheel caps is not consistent. One in the back has to much silver paint on it. Anyone else having this problem? The thing is, it's on the drivers side, so it's visible when looking at it. Should i rub the paint off with alcohol or something? Thanks for any input

20230922_184307.jpg
20230922_184310.jpg
20230922_184317.jpg
20230922_184320.jpg
screenshot 2023-09-22 19.00.43.png
screenshot 2023-09-22 19.00.58.jpg

hey guys, just got in mine and everything seems to be ok and working, but the paintjob on the upper wheel caps is not consistent. One in the back has to much silver paint on it. Anyone else having this problem? The thing is, it's on the drivers side, so it's visible when looking at it. Should i rub the paint off with alcohol or something? Thanks for any input
Well, since, at no point of the movies do those upper parts light up, i'd just cover them up.
I made a set of thin plastic covers to completely cover the lights and laid them over the lit part.
Those parts lighting up is one of the most stupid and inaccurate design decisions(In a long list of bad decisions HT has made), for the BTTF series.
Not bad enough for me not to want the flying D(It's in joint first place for my favourite flying car from movies), but a strange decision nonetheless.

well, even though it's not accurate to the movie, i don't mind the light spill as it is still nice to look at, when you can't see the wheels from below anyway. Still, shouldn't this be evenly painted by HT for a pricey item like this? It's a QC issue and a sloppy job. I might try to wipe some of the color away.

Is there a recommended U.S. power adapter for this? I'm just using a 5v iphone adapter and it works fine but gets hot pretty quick

I picked one up from Amazon that was recommended in this thread. If not mistaken, I think they even linked to it. Let me double-check...

EDIT: I believe that it was this one: USB cord

Last edited:
I picked one up from Amazon that was recommended in this thread. If not mistaken, I think they even linked to it. Let me double-check...

EDIT: I believe that it was this one: USB cord
I think he means the wall adapter. The car only needs the 5v to work, but might be drawing more current than his wall power adapter can handle. I would look for an adapter that can handle more voltage and current , for example 20v and it should able to keep up

I think he means the wall adapter. The car only needs the 5v to work, but might be drawing more current than his wall power adapter can handle. I would look for an adapter that can handle more voltage and current , for example 20v and it should able to keep up

Ah, ok. I too would be interested in knowing what would work best. Thanks!

The instructions specifically say max 5v but I'm not sure if one 5v DC adapter is different from the next.
9014418F-B631-4AAF-BA14-0706B848A187.jpeg

I think Raiders meant to say 20 watts. All USB adapters are 5V. If you’ve got an old iPad adapter laying around that will be more than enough. Most of those were either 10 or 12 watts. Your old iPhone adapter - if it’s the official Apple one - is likely 5W. Which should be plenty but will get a little warm.

I use one of these on mine and they work fine. They are 10W adapters (5v x 2.1Amps).

Amazon:

X-EDITION Wall Charger,4-Pack 2.1A Dual Port USB Power Adapter Plug Charging Block Cube for Phone 8/7/6 Plus/X, Pad, Samsung Galaxy S5 S6 S7 Edge,LG, Android (White)

Hate to point it out, did you notice that your rear passenger side flux band has separated where it wraps under the car? Hope I’m wrong, but that’s how it appears!

I'm ordering some of those acrylic risers from Amazon. I just prefer to display the car at a higher level in order to show off more of the lighting underneath and give a better impression of it hovering.

Hate to point it out, did you notice that your rear passenger side flux band has separated where it wraps under the car? Hope I’m wrong, but that’s how it appears!
Good eye. Had to contact SS about that, snapped during assembly so that part won't stay pieced together anymore.

That sux, hope they sort it for you. Really would have preferred them preinstalled myself. They are fiddly as hell!
The first one came with them attached and loads of people tried lifting it out the box by grabbing them, tearing them off. So many people act like this is as strong as a real car. It's an incredibly delicate piece. And needs to be handled as such. I have mine on top of two detolfs, with enough room the cats can walk around without trying to walk on top, lol.

Back