Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the first vehicle from BTTF1. Is it worth getting the new one?

I love the first one.....but is there a reason to get part 2? I love all 3 movies.....obviously in order in which they came.

Is there that big of a difference?

I have the first vehicle from BTTF1. Is it worth getting the new one?

I love the first one.....but is there a reason to get part 2? I love all 3 movies.....obviously in order in which they came.

Is there that big of a difference?
There’s Hover mode wheels, more internal lights and mr fusion. Plus the option of how you can display it. If the mk1 ticks all your boxes Bttf wise, stick with that one, if not, the new one should do that for you! I personally think it’s very impressive

OK cool, then seems we must be in the last batch. Oh well I guess in this case it could be for the better now that all improvements seem to have been implemented.
I was always expecting a late Q3 arrival but revising the wheel mechanism has delayed it even further.
Should be soon though.

A month ago I contacted Sideshow about the suspicious behavior of Sideshow taking numerous pre orders and then immediately shipping them, indicating that they had the item in stock. I had wanted to use my military discount, and I cannot do so if the item was a pre order. They played coy, and I informed them that if they were misrepresenting the stock status of an item to prevent the use of coupons, then this was technically fraud and could open up Sideshow to lawsuits (not from me, but in general).

The next day, the stock status conveniently switched over to "In-Stock". I moved on and figured the matter was settled.

A half hour ago, I was contacted by Sideshow telling me that "threatening thier staff with lawsuits" was a gross violation of thier user policy, and that my account was being permanently banned along with all my pre orders being cancelled, and hundreds of dollars of reward points lost.

After 15 years being a loyal customer I have never been treated worse by a business in my entire life.

Last edited:
A month ago I contacted Sideshow about the suspicious behavior of Sideshow taking numerous pre orders and then immediately shipping them, indicating that they had the item in stock. I had wanted to use my military discount, and I cannot do so if the item was a pre order. They played coy, and I informed them that if they were misrepresenting the stock status of an item to prevent the use of coupons, then this was technically fraud and could open up Sideshow to lawsuits (not from me, but in general).

The next day, the stock status conveniently switched over to "In-Stock". I moved on and figured the matter was settled.

A half hour ago, I was contacted by Sideshow telling me that "threatening thier staff with lawsuits" was a gross violation of thier user policy, and that my account was being permanently banned along with all my pre orders being cancelled, and hundreds of dollars of reward points lost.

After 15 years being a loyal customer I have never been treated worse by a business in my entire life.
Holy crap. I was going to like your post as it sounds like you helped make the Delorean eligible for the coupon I used on it. That's ******

Holy crap. I was going to like your post as it sounds like you helped make the Delorean eligible for the coupon I used on it. That's ******
Honestly I'm glad that some happiness came out of it. Good for you man. I mean it.

Wow, sounds like you hit on a real nerve there. Which means you were 100% right.

What they have done to smaller comic book shops with only allowing them small order numbers, and also threatening legal action against the re-sellers in China is appalling (especially for customers in Europe). They consider themselves a monopoly, and their behaviour only reenforces that.

They are seriously one of the worst companies I have ever seen as well.

In Australia when a company behaves this badly we have a government organization called the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Committee) that would deal with just this sort of thing. I’m guessing there is no equivalent in the States.

What a terrible company. They knew they were wrong, banned you for being right, and decided to take your advice.

I see this on Social Media all the time, where someone accuses a corporation of lets say malice, they deny the malice, turns out the accuser is right, and company still continues to target the accuser.

I don't get the love of Sideshow by anyone. Their prices are higher and so is their shipping and taxes. Just not worth it to order from them imo. To each their own.

Went for it. Guessing it’s as good of a deal as it’ll ever get. Since it’s quite a chunk of change I’m putting it on flex. Right now it’s going into February unless I decide to pay it off early. No idea where it’s going yet but that’s future problems. :lol

I don't get the love of Sideshow by anyone. Their prices are higher and so is their shipping and taxes. Just not worth it to order from them imo. To each their own.
Aside from the occasional good deal and exclusives I really don’t either. I still get stuff from them but they aren’t always my top choice.

Went for it. Guessing it’s as good of a deal as it’ll ever get. Since it’s quite a chunk of change I’m putting it on flex. Right now it’s going into February unless I decide to pay it off early. No idea where it’s going yet but that’s future problems. :lol
Nice! Good choice with the SLASH23 promo code for Friday the 13th. Still working as of 12:10AM eastern. I paid $50 less in total from Popcultcha with a preorder placed last year with all of the delay/risk of a long distance order and this is the best deal by far I’ve seen since then. And you get the benefits of a Sideshow purchase. I was tempted for just a moment to pick up another one for long term resale but that’s not really my thing. You will have zero regret and maximum happiness :geek:

Back