Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to share a cheap alternative for a stand in flight mode. These are just basic acrylic risers that come in a 3 pack off amazon will run you about 10 bucks. Imo they look great and truly make the car look like its floating as they almost disappear View attachment 652565
This is what I've been using for the past few months (you can see my pics quite a few pages back) and its holding up nicely. You can see all the lights and nothing is obstructed. Mine is about 6 feet up off the ground so you can see all the undercarriage details...

Edit: here are the pics from page 45...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited:
What size acrylic riser are those?
I think they are 3x3... I got a 4 pack from amazon somewhere. They are pretty thick and ended up being almost exactly the same size as my 4x4 risers I bought a while ago that are thinner plastic. 🤷‍♂️

I have to ask this, before I knew better I ordered the 2nd Batch from ToysWonderland last year. Paid for shipping in January and yet to receive my item.

Has anyone ordered 2nd batch received this?

And YES! I learned my lesson about ToysWondeland and no longer order with them.

I have to ask this, before I knew better I ordered the 2nd Batch from ToysWonderland last year. Paid for shipping in January and yet to receive my item.

I don't think anyone has received their from ToysWonderland. I paid for shipping back in February, they kept pushing back the shipment date.

I opened a dispute with my CC company a few weeks ago, and they issued me a provisional credit, and it should be wrapping up soon, but I don't see any reason why the credit won't stick. I suggest you open a dispute now, and get your money back. You're not going to get the Delorean from ToysWonderland.

And as has been mentioned in numerous other places, but their 1st batch/2nd batch stuff is BS. There are no 'batches'. That's just them trying to cover their asses for how long it takes them to acquire stock.

I pulled as much stuff as I can out of TW in terms of products purchased.

I finally learned about their practices earlier this year. I became a hardcore 1/6 collector 2 years now really, but collected things previously on and off.

I paid for the Delorean March/April Last year, and paid shipping in January. I don't want to eat around 1k dollars. Very shady indeed, but learning lots of lessons on who to trust and don't.

I was hoping Hot Toys pulled most cars due to breakage problems on their initial factory batches. Stilll hoping that is the case, but yeah, learned my lesson about TW.

I'm in the same boat, but I'm not worried. We knew there were issues with the wheel assembly and seats etc, so I'm fine to wait a bit longer to ensure I get one from the fixed batches.

I enquired on status a few weeks ago, and they said Aug/Sept. So considering people ordering from SS have probably all got theirs, I shouldn't be too far away now.

I'm in the same boat, but I'm not worried. We knew there were issues with the wheel assembly and seats etc, so I'm fine to wait a bit longer to ensure I get one from the fixed batches.

I enquired on status a few weeks ago, and they said Aug/Sept. So considering people ordering from SS have probably all got theirs, I shouldn't be too far away now.
Not to mention these guys in the same breath as TW, but I’ve had mine on preorder from Popcultcha (Australia) since July last year. They are still showing July 2023 on their site so time for them to update. There’s always a delay with them (vs direct from SS) but even with shipping to the US I’ve always had good luck with them. There was a particularly good deal on this preorder last year. You just can’t be in a hurry with them, obviously. In this case it seems to have worked out.

Not to mention these guys in the same breath as TW, but I’ve had mine on preorder from Popcultcha (Australia) since July last year. They are still showing July 2023 on their site so time for them to update. There’s always a delay with them (vs direct from SS) but even with shipping to the US I’ve always had good luck with them. There was a particularly good deal on this preorder last year. You just can’t be in a hurry with them, obviously. In this case it seems to have worked out.
Yeah same. The past year Popcultcha have been about 3 months behind HK release but with this one, given the issues with it, I think they get it Sept-Oct.

Back