Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to share a cheap alternative for a stand in flight mode. These are just basic acrylic risers that come in a 3 pack off amazon will run you about 10 bucks. Imo they look great and truly make the car look like its floating as they almost disappear View attachment 652565
Sometimes the simplest (and cheapest!) solutions are the best.

Just wanted to share a cheap alternative for a stand in flight mode. These are just basic acrylic risers that come in a 3 pack off amazon will run you about 10 bucks. Imo they look great and truly make the car look like its floating as they almost disappear View attachment 652565
Cool. they're so good I can't see exactly what they look like !! :ROFLMAO:

Could you perhaps send a link of the exact type you have that works. There are all sorts of sizes and thickness.

P.S Love how much the green lights show through too !

Could you perhaps send a link of the exact type you have that works. There are all sorts of sizes and thickness.

Haha thats the idea 😅

Heres a link to the ones i have they are 3mm in thickness which honestly is a bit on the thin side as the tallest on has a bit if a bow in the rear as most of the weight is on that one. However if you center the rear it will be fine. If you happen to find thicker ones id go with those. I agree it really looks great as it lets the lights shine through and is a super cheap alternative

***Update***
Found a thicker set of acrylic risers that are 4mm as opposed to the 3mm ones i originally linked. These are stronger and wont bow in the rear. Ive updated the link below

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09J1K8XY2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, is the reasoning that yours is technically "not damaged" that they won't change it? If you were to say, open it and perhaps not be so careful with the wheels...
The first one I got the lights didn't work so I had to return it. The replacement seems okay but i haven't set it up I just inspected it. I'm afraid to try and covert it to hover mode because I feel pretty certain you're only able to flip those wheels a few times before the plastic becomes too weak to do it again and breaks.

But I was told by a friend who works at SS and would more or less take care of stuff for me tell me he spoke to whoever about the issue and said even if it was broken im SOL.

Does anybody know if the wheel mod seems to help fix the wheels breaking so easily? I'm thinking about getting rid of my batch 1 and taking a hit and getting a second batch if its worth it.

Late to the party here, but I just ordered this from Sideshow and it shipped today. Would I be in batch 1 or 2?

And what fixes or changes between the two batches has HT done exactly? Thanks...
As it’s Sideshow, you’ll probably get a broken, previously returned Batch 1.

Late to the party here, but I just ordered this from Sideshow and it shipped today. Would I be in batch 1 or 2?

And what fixes or changes between the two batches has HT done exactly? Thanks...

The most important fix was the wheel mechanism.

We only saw batch 2 lately. So I think/hope there is only batch 2 now for all of us :)

Does anyone have any experience with this company?; Hot Toys 1:6 Back to the Future DeLorean mods | Hot Toys mods

The tire branding seems mandatory, but other things look pretty cool as well
I have bought quite a few things from him. His stuff is great. And everything comes with very detailed instructions on how to install. I had the Eaglemoss Delorean that I bought full carpet, wire ties, tire labels, trunk carpet. Everything was great and fast shipping too. I ended up selling that Delorean to get the HT one, and the upgrades helped with the price.
So far for my HT Delorean I’ve bought the tire labels and they come with a bottle of tire dressing you apply after the letters and now it looks like the letters were made into the rubber at the factory. He’s a good seller.

Hey bud just wanted to let you know if found a better thicker set of risers and i updated that link if you were interested

Received mine and happy to report that it’s the new wheel mechanism and all works smoothly. Lights work great too.

Unfortunately though when I was taking the flux bands out to attach them, the front one had a break on one of the bends. I took pics of it still bagged and when I un-bagged it. Anyone else have an issue like this?

75755B39-5380-472E-8AEA-96604BA6EFDA.jpeg

7CB8AC16-1CD8-4C85-81E4-5576C4F9F02D.jpeg

Back