Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turning the wheel, like a rolling action? Or pulling it out/extending the axles to transform into flight mode?

Because the wheels are not made to rotate. This Delorean does not roll. The front wheels will move left to right slightly, so you can pose the vehicle turning though.

After pulling out/extending the axles, you will have to turn the wheels by 90° so they face the ground. That's the moment where the platic parts break in some cases.

The problem is, even if they don't break on day one, because of the construction, they will still probably break some day. According to some Youtubers.

Time to say goodbye to this thread and unwatch, for me. I canceled my order. Deeply disappointed and sad.

:crying

Time to say goodbye to this thread and unwatch, for me. I canceled my order. Deeply disappointed and sad.

:crying
Same. I can't justify the price, especially after the exchange to Canadian dollars.
I will most likely cancel too. But I just want to see how "batch 2" turns out before I make the final desicion.
Same boat here

Mine showed up in batch 1.5 (a month ago or so?) and it really is amazing. It's one of my favorite pieces.

I loosened the screws on the all the hinges and I don't have any stress marks after transforming back and forth several times.

If you really want it, I'd suggest getting it delivered and check it out with your own two hands and two eyes. If it's busted, send it back.

I know the fear of it breaking down the road may cause some anxiety. Cancel if that's the case.

It's been rather quiet lately on here. Has anyone had theirs breaks after having for a month or two?

Last edited:
Mine showed up in batch 1.5 (a month ago or so?) and it really is amazing. It's one of my favorite pieces.

I don't have any stress marks after transforming back and forth several times.

If you really want it, I'd suggest getting it delivered and check it out with your own two hands and two eyes. If it's busted, send it back.

I know the fear of it breaking down the road may cause some anxiety. Cancel if that's the case.

It's been rather quiet lately on here. Has anyone had theirs breaks after having for a month or two?
Mine is still going strong after sorting the tight wire issue. I do think the mechanism isn't a great design and some will come damaged. If the wheel is pulled out the correct length a fair amount of breakage will be minimized, IMO.

I would also be interessted in more user experiences after a month or two.

Using diecast for the machanism would solve the problem.
But I really doubt Hot Toys would go that far...

The hover mode is THE iconic look for this specific part II Delorean. All the more I don't understand why this is the most fragile part.

Only now learning this thing can't even roll. WHAT?!! HT couldn't engineer a way to make wheels spin?!
Not that I'd be 'brummm brummm'ing' it around the house but maybe once just for fun would have been nice.
I guess it's a secret blessing given how fragile the extending arms are. HT's pull-out game is weak.

Last edited:
Only now learning this thing can't even roll. WHAT?!! HT couldn't engneer a way to make wheels spin?!
Not that I'd be 'brummm brummm'ing' it around the house but maybe once just for fun would have been nice.
I guess it's a secret blessing given how fragile the extending arms are. HT's pull-out game is weak.
? Wheels roll on mine.. You mean Steering? or spinning?

The wheels can definitely roll. Though there’s a bit of friction so it’s more of a “it can roll” but you probably shouldn’t do it often.

Actually, the amount of microscopic dust, crumbs and hairs that would end up stuck to the rubber wheels if I actually did push this thing through the house would be a nightmare to clean off so I’ll just operate under the impression that it exists solely to fly!

Back