Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they would have to see really high PO numbers on the figures before even considering making the car if sales were bad first time around.
Exactly. Hot Toys seem to have a very clear profit margin which needs to be achieved, otherwise a project won't fly.

Clearly there are some exceptions to this rule when you look at some of those Zombie figures etc, however I imagine there could be exceptions to the rule if they are trying to break into a slightly different market of potential new customers or Howard thinks it's cool.

Why not just crowdfund it like Hasbro pulse with stretch goals etc.? Set a minimum number of backers for production and put it out there.

Why not just crowdfund it like Hasbro pulse with stretch goals etc.? Set a minimum number of backers for production and put it out there.
Something I have been preaching for years !! Reduces up front cost + risks for HT, fans get what they want. Easy.

I'm convinced Hot Toys still think in their mind they are a small Korean startup. New modern marketing techniques like crowd funding for a vehicle like the DeLorean wouldn't have even entered their head.

Crowdfunding would let everyone know how many they made of something and they don't want anyone to know that for whatever reason

Crowdfunding would let everyone know how many they made of something and they don't want anyone to know that for whatever reason
Not necessarily. They could have a minimum number, then once achieved open it up to other customers at a bit higher price. So then the real volume would be hidden.

Even if the volume would be known, it would help get more people to buy in. Known run size drives known scarcity and therefore increases price on the secondary market.

Need some help!!! A buddy of mines came over to check out the collection. Showed him the Delorean and the light up features. I completely forgot to turn the lights back off and now they don’t turn back on. I’ve replaced the batteries, and it still doesn’t turn on. Any suggestions?

Weekend haul. Scored 'em for a really bargain price at a little over a grand. Not bad for near pristine condition.

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-13 at 20.32.02.jpeg

Well, would you look at that!

Attachments

• 9D5DFDEC-22A4-4D8A-8AE0-36F02C4549EE.jpeg
    9D5DFDEC-22A4-4D8A-8AE0-36F02C4549EE.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 38F9FCA9-A202-4873-89E0-8F1FC4F02089.jpeg
    38F9FCA9-A202-4873-89E0-8F1FC4F02089.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 30
Really debating now what I'm going to do with my original now that the flashier Part 2 version is coming out. Obviously the Part 1 car is just as iconic, but I've gotten a bit bored with it over the years and space in my house is pretty limited.

Still don't think I could bring myself to ever part with it though.

As far as I'm aware, most people prefer the Pt2 car over the 1st which is why the Pt1 became so inflated in the first place due to people holding off getting it so I'm glad this is happening. I'm one of those weirdos who prefer the P1 car since that was the first time I saw the Delorean as a kid despite the flying version probably being more iconic.

Really debating now what I'm going to do with my original now that the flashier Part 2 version is coming out. Obviously the Part 1 car is just as iconic, but I've gotten a bit bored with it over the years and space in my house is pretty limited.

Still don't think I could bring myself to ever part with it though.
Bored with it! Bored with it! I’ll have it lol!! I wonder if the price of the original will go down with this release.

Part one Delorean is way more iconic and is derived from the best film of the trilogy. It will always be my first choice but I'm more than happy to buy all three Delorean variants.

As far as I'm aware, most people prefer the Pt2 car over the 1st which is why the Pt1 became so inflated in the first place due to people holding off getting it so I'm glad this is happening. I'm one of those weirdos who prefer the P1 car since that was the first time I saw the Delorean as a kid despite the flying version probably being more iconic.
really? i prefer the part 1 and i think you'd be hard pressed to find people that prefer the Pt. 2. Pt. 1 is THE CAR. but a solid argument can be made that the Pt. 2 car was also in the end of part one and it's the best of both (which in a way it is). and this new come comes with the flying base that poses the car with is incredible. im strongly considering ordering it.

Back