Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really? i prefer the part 1 and i think you'd be hard pressed to find people that prefer the Pt. 2. Pt. 1 is THE CAR. but a solid argument can be made that the Pt. 2 car was also in the end of part one and it's the best of both (which in a way it is). and this new come comes with the flying base that poses the car with is incredible. im strongly considering ordering it.
I feel the first movie car is iconic but this is THE car for me.

The first car(Nuclear powered, non flying), travels in time four times that we see on screen
1. Einstein forward one minute,
2. Marty back to 1955,
3. Marty to 1985,
4. Then Doc to the future.
But the PTII car(Fusion powered and flies), is the one that does the most travelling.
The PTII car is the absolute daddy when it comes to traversing the space time continuum. We see the car travelling in time five times but it’s implied it travels nine times from the dialogue.
Also not shown is the fact that Doc went back in time with the car at some point offscreen to buy some old trading cards and then sold them for a huge sum in the future which is where he got all his cash from. He also had to do some sleuthing about and working out what was the inciting incident about the heist.
But from what we see in the movie or what is implied, here’s what we *know* the Delorean did while able to fly:

1.(shown), Doc travelling from 2015 to 1985 to pick up Marty and Jennifer
2. (Shown), Doc, Marty and Jennifer to 2015,
3. (Mentioned), Doc travelled back in time in 2015 to knock out Marty Jnr(Which didn’t work for the full time it should have because he’d already knocked out Jennifer),
4. (Implied), then back forward to meet Marty in the alleyway,
5. (Implied), then Biff takes it to 1955,
6. (Implied) then takes it back to 2015,
7. Then Doc, Marty and Jennifer fly back to 1985,
8. Then Doc and Marty to 1955, and finally,
9. Doc gets unintentionally sent back to 1885.
The PTII version is the workhorse of the trilogy. For me it is the definitive version.
But that’s only one man’s opinion. That’s why I want this version more than any other.

I feel the first movie car is iconic but this is THE car for me.

The first car(Nuclear powered, non flying), travels in time four times that we see on screen
1. Einstein forward one minute,
2. Marty back to 1955,
3. Marty to 1985,
4. Then Doc to the future.
But the PTII car(Fusion powered and flies), is the one that does the most travelling.
The PTII car is the absolute daddy when it comes to traversing the space time continuum. We see the car travelling in time five times but it’s implied it travels nine times from the dialogue.
Also not shown is the fact that Doc went back in time with the car at some point offscreen to buy some old trading cards and then sold them for a huge sum in the future which is where he got all his cash from. He also had to do some sleuthing about and working out what was the inciting incident about the heist.
But from what we see in the movie or what is implied, here’s what we *know* the Delorean did while able to fly:

1.(shown), Doc travelling from 2015 to 1985 to pick up Marty and Jennifer
2. (Shown), Doc, Marty and Jennifer to 2015,
3. (Mentioned), Doc travelled back in time in 2015 to knock out Marty Jnr(Which didn’t work for the full time it should have because he’d already knocked out Jennifer),
4. (Implied), then back forward to meet Marty in the alleyway,
5. (Implied), then Biff takes it to 1955,
6. (Implied) then takes it back to 2015,
7. Then Doc, Marty and Jennifer fly back to 1985,
8. Then Doc and Marty to 1955, and finally,
9. Doc gets unintentionally sent back to 1885.
The PTII version is the workhorse of the trilogy. For me it is the definitive version.
But that’s only one man’s opinion. That’s why I want this version more than any other.

nice breakdown, it really puts things into perspective.

the ending of the first film seeing the damn thing fly is still amazing to this day.

giphy.gif

i think you sold me. it would be amazing if they included the Pt1 swap outs Outtatime plate and the reactor.

I have to assume that the part 3 version will eventually be made now too and I'll definitely be owning all three of them.

the ending of the first film seeing the damn thing fly is still amazing to this day.

giphy.gif

i think you sold me. it would be amazing if they included the Pt1 swap outs Outtatime plate and the reactor.
It’s just amazing. A flying car. And a more iconic flying car we will never see(Although I love the 2049 Spinner, this is my fave).

It’s just amazing. A flying car. And a more iconic flying car we will never see(Although I love the 2049 Spinner, this is my fave).
i have a nice little collection-display of my favorite 1/18 cars from movies, it's a nice scale for ease display purposes. The Hot Wheels Elite Pt.2 Delorean is my favorite of the bunch and i've kicked myself for not getting the Pt.1 HT 1/6 version. this is a nice shot at collecting redemption for me. Years back i saw the HT 1/6 Pt.1 on display in a Universal Studios Florida gift shop and i was REALLY impressed and upset i passed on it back then. They jacked the hell out of the price like all things Universal Studios.

Thanks again for your breakdown i think im gonna get it from SS Flex.

Here we go. A closer look.

So glad they made the lightup functions with micro USB. Am sure it'll be possible to find a nice flexible cable which can run down one of the display posts.

really? i prefer the part 1 and i think you'd be hard pressed to find people that prefer the Pt. 2. Pt. 1 is THE CAR. but a solid argument can be made that the Pt. 2 car was also in the end of part one and it's the best of both (which in a way it is). and this new come comes with the flying base that poses the car with is incredible. im strongly considering ordering it.
I'm glad to hear that. Remember back when the first release was on pre-order, many people were holding off because HT gave the impression that the Pt2 car was on the way. From experience, a lot of collectors I've talked to prefer the flying car over the plain first one but as you and others have said, Pt1 is "the" car.

Here we go. A closer look.

So glad they made the lightup functions with micro USB. Am sure it'll be possible to find a nice flexible cable which can run down one of the display posts.

Turn the usb into bunting with flags to hide it. Itll look like the car got caught like in the film

giphy.gif

Really shows how inaccurate the back lights are. If i get it it will have to modified to look right.

I wonder what the rundown is for first release vs re-release versions? Improvements, a few steps down, or pretty much 100% the same item released years later?

Last edited:
I wonder what the rundown is for first release vs re-release versions? Improvements, a few steps down, or pretty much 100% the same item released years later?
This :lecture

...my guess is no improvements on previously assigned issues with the V1, but adding the hover wheels, Mr. Fusion, display base and usb cable assembly...that's all folks...

Holy crap, I've had this car for a couple years now, and only just learned that it also has a port underneath for an AC adapter. I must have missed it in the instructions and never saw it pointed out in reviews, but I just tried it and yup it totally works. So no more having to worry about leaking batteries. . :slap

Holy crap, I've had this car for a couple years now, and only just learned that it also has a port underneath for an AC adapter. I must have missed it in the instructions and never saw it pointed out in reviews, but I just tried it and yup it totally works. So no more having to worry about leaking batteries. . :slap

Howard Chan snuck around to everyone while they were sleeping and added this to all Part 1 cars.

What happened to all that talk about whoever made the first HT Delorean would never work with HT again? If this is the case then one would expect subtle differences from the original as we're looking at a new manufacturer.

Wow--I never noticed this as well...lol

If they are smart, they'll save these additional accessories for when they release the BTTF 3 Delorean.

I think the BTTF 2 one is so unique that sales will already be quite high. BTTF 3 is probably the least desirable of the three to the average or borderline collectors so having a detailed two for one with plenty of accessories will help boost the sale.

Back