1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I look at this guy on my shelf I can't help but think how off he looks compared to my other iron man figs.

It's like they made the waist/hip section too small so it's out of proportion with the rest of the fig and instead of fixing it they just assembled them and shipped them out anyway.
This figure shines when it’s dynamically posed.

My issue is not knowing if you'll like the new head more than the original. I know most people like the new head more, but I think it may be a bit too "beefy" and not fit the EG look as much as the skinnier face. The likeness does appear better, but I'm not sure it'll fit my needs more. Add to the typical fashion that items look better or different in hand and I feel it makes the decision very permanent while being sight unseen. It indeed should have been a free item.

To be honest, neither headsculpt really captures RDJ's likeness in Endgame. Hot Toys had multiple opportunities to get it down but for some reason, they never really did yet somehow they can nail somebody's likeness in one release.

Every time I look at this guy on my shelf I can't help but think how off he looks compared to my other iron man figs.

It's like they made the waist/hip section too small so it's out of proportion with the rest of the fig and instead of fixing it they just assembled them and shipped them out anyway.

This figure shines when it’s dynamically posed.

True. It shines when posed. Museum pose makes it look off. I do partially put the blame on Disney on this as well with their post production changes on the design. The prototype Hot Toys did looked good proportionally both in museum pose and in action poses but there were a lot changes done to the body to match the final edit of the armor. Either Disney should just provide the final edit to the toy companies or just stop doing post production changes. It doesn't matter now either way with Iron Man RDJ gone.

Looks like we have to pay for the return shipping, was hoping after all this time they would cut us some slack.

I sort of agree. I don't mind him in a museum pose, but once I actually started moving him about to get a somewhat action pose, I felt it looked better than just standing there. Oddly enough, I put my MK7 in a dynamic pose then quickly changed him back to something more subtle as it feels more imposing that way to me.

Mine arrived to them yesterday and has already shipped out for the replacement.

I just got a tracking number notice as well
they are shipping via USPS on this one.. at least for mine.. Even though the order page says UPS
I did get my tracking number notice via USPS as I have an account. Though my actual order page with SSC has not updated yet .

63853E43-935E-4D3D-B3E3-54D1C9ED967F.jpeg
01ACDB54-EA6C-4F6E-B1C0-CC1E88BCF65E.jpeg
CD95587D-A550-4D04-8CB8-E27244891D86.jpeg
3894D00C-881D-42BB-A4BB-1A82ED4439F4.jpeg

For any interested

juat got delivery of the new one from SSC

New on the right in all pics

My replacement head just arrived from sideshow. Kind of surprised they shipped it in a beat up yellow mailer envelope.

I’m surprised they didn’t just let you keep the old head. Is HT going to resell them or something?
No. Guaranteed they are gonna right it off as a defective product. And if they don't ask for them back, they'd most likely then have to do like SS and tell people to destroy them and send/show proof of the item destroyed. Otherwise then they'd also have to somehow charge people some cost if not destroyed after x amount of days.. It's all due to legal issues for claiming write offs due to loss..

They know most would end of being sold on the secondary market for big profits. And they would lose all the money it cost them to redo the head sculpt.

Last edited:
Back