1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, it really did scar me for lack of a better word. Anytime I thought about buying an Iron Man figure, I immediately went back to how disappointed I felt opening the box from that jacked Mk4 and then I just wouldn't pull the trigger. And to be quite honest, I'm still a little nervous about getting this new version, but fingers crossed all will be well with this one. Comes with the original sculpt but I have a loose updated sculpt on the way as well, so I can have both. The money I saved on the complete figure basically paid for that updated loose sculpt :lol

I actually also have a diecast MK6 coming that I ordered before this one as I didn't plan on getting endgame Iron man, but the price was right so figured why not. Can always sell one later

The original plastic Mk 6 that I got from BBTS was my very first Hot Toys figure ever. Really blew me away with how amazing that was at the time. It's unfortunate you didn't have a positive experience then, though it probably saved you a good amount of money in the long run since it got me addicted to buying Iron Man figures.

I sold off all my Marvel figures in favor of my primary focus which has always been Star Wars, but I've picked up a few more since then. The Diecast Mk 6 is one of them. I can't quite pick a favorite between that and the Mk 46, but I think the Mk 6 wins out by a small margin just because of the connection to the original plastic Mk 6 I had.

I don't have the Mk 85 even though I've been heavily considering it, but I know you will be incredibly happy with the Mk 6. As long as it arrives in good condition, of course. I personally don't think there's been a Diecast Iron Man that's been a better overall package than the Mk 6.

Sorry to hear you got burned prior, but to be perfectly objective this has nothing to do with the Iron Man figure itself, so not quite sure why you're associating a poor experience from a sh**y seller with the actual product since they are unrelated.

If the seller you bought from eBay is reputable then you'll be very delighted once you receive the product in hand.
I completely understand that. But, it was just the overall disappointment of opening a broken figure that was (at the time) supposed to be my one and only Iron Man figure for my collection. It was a long debate for myself on which to get since HT had released quite a few up to the MK6. Usually it's a pretty great experience opening a figure (especially if it was advertised like-new, minus the box), so that disappointment was just associated with opening an Iron Man figure from that point on. Might seem silly to you, but we are different ppl after all and experiences have different effects on every individual.

I completely understand that. But, it was just the overall disappointment of opening a broken figure that was (at the time) supposed to be my one and only Iron Man figure for my collection. It was a long debate for myself on which to get since HT had released quite a few up to the MK6. Usually it's a pretty great experience opening a figure (especially if it was advertised like-new, minus the box), so that disappointment was just associated with opening an Iron Man figure from that point on. Might seem silly to you, but we are different ppl after all and experiences have different effects on every individual.
Very true! And yes, I understand your disappointment for sure. Anyways, hopefully your experience this time around will only be positive.

The original plastic Mk 6 that I got from BBTS was my very first Hot Toys figure ever. Really blew me away with how amazing that was at the time. It's unfortunate you didn't have a positive experience then, though it probably saved you a good amount of money in the long run since it got me addicted to buying Iron Man figures.

I sold off all my Marvel figures in favor of my primary focus which has always been Star Wars, but I've picked up a few more since then. The Diecast Mk 6 is one of them. I can't quite pick a favorite between that and the Mk 46, but I think the Mk 6 wins out by a small margin just because of the connection to the original plastic Mk 6 I had.

I don't have the Mk 85 even though I've been heavily considering it, but I know you will be incredibly happy with the Mk 6. As long as it arrives in good condition, of course. I personally don't think there's been a Diecast Iron Man that's been a better overall package than the Mk 6.
Thank you! I really appreciate it! It's feels really odd getting a little back into Marvel. Star Wars has also been my primary focus for awhile now, but I've got most of my mandatory figures now in SW. And having just gotten EG Cap, it seems logical to go ahead to continue and get a few more characters to represent the MCU in the collection.

I really like all the BD parts that the MK6 comes with, which is why I originally went for that one. Plus the sharp triangle RT seems pretty unique I think. That was my thinking at least. Not sure if other ones have the triangle like that one does since I don't really know all the different armors well enough, but I thought it helped set it apart a little. I want to do the "reindeer games" pose next to the new 2012 Cap when I eventually get that one.

Very true! And yes, I understand your disappointment for sure. Anyways, hopefully your experience this time around will only be positive.

Thanks! I hope my tone didn't come off wrong, btw. Just trying to explain a little clearer :duff

Last edited:
I really like all the BD parts that the MK6 comes with, which is why I originally went for that one. Plus the sharp triangle RT seems pretty unique I think. That was my thinking at least. Not sure if other ones have the triangle like that one does since I don't really know all the different armors well enough, but I thought it helped set it apart a little. I want to do the "reindeer games" pose next to the new 2012 Cap when I eventually get that one.

Good call. And you could get Loki to go with the Mk 6 and Avengers Cap as well, though I have him with War Machine Mk 1 myself.

There's a few suits with triangular RTs (Silver Centurion, Blue Steel, and Starboost), but they didn't get a ton of screen time and aren't true triangles.

Plus I think the Mk 6 is the most important suit of Phase 1 and one of the most important of Tony's life. He had his first team up with War Machine in it, met Cap and Thor for the first time, confronted Loki, saved the Helicarrier, and it saw him safely back to New York.

It's the suit that bridged the original solo movies to the first event film and part of what made it feel like a continuing story back in humbler times.

I just bought the hollow shield, the blade and the two hand cannons off the BD set, which I believe should have been included in this clean version! Not sure why HT didn’t include them in the first place! Stupid lump! Now if SSC will just let us all know when we can exchange the Tony head sculpt, then my Mark 85 will truly be complete!

Good call. And you could get Loki to go with the Mk 6 and Avengers Cap as well, though I have him with War Machine Mk 1 myself.

There's a few suits with triangular RTs (Silver Centurion, Blue Steel, and Starboost), but they didn't get a ton of screen time and aren't true triangles.

Plus I think the Mk 6 is the most important suit of Phase 1 and one of the most important of Tony's life. He had his first team up with War Machine in it, met Cap and Thor for the first time, confronted Loki, saved the Helicarrier, and it saw him safely back to New York.

It's the suit that bridged the original solo movies to the first event film and part of what made it feel like a continuing story back in humbler times.
True, after watching many reviews, I may end up with MK1 War Machine reissue as well :lol I see myself sliding down this Marvel slippery slope rather quickly. There's the thought of getting reissue Toy Fairs Whiplash, which would then lead to Reissue MK5 :lol I'm tempted with the newer 2012 Loki, but want to see how the production sculpt turns out as I'm not 100% sold on it.

You're right about the MK6 being an important suit. It also can represent 2 movies on the shelf, which helps the wallet some so I don't have to track down the MK7 :lol
I just bought the hollow shield, the blade and the two hand cannons off the BD set, which I believe should have been included in this clean version! Not sure why HT didn’t include them in the first place! Stupid lump! Now if SSC will just let us all know when we can exchange the Tony head sculpt, then my Mark 85 will truly be complete!
Yea, I sort of plan to do the something similar with my MK85. But buying the parts separate just added up to too much when compared to the cost of the figure when I looked; however, I also want the BD nano gauntlet and BD headsculpt. So, I'm just going to buy the the BD MK85 and sell the parts I don't want/need

Latest update from Sideshow when I called them. They had got confirmation from Hot Toys that the replacement heads have been shipped already to Sideshow. So should be a couple of weeks and we will start getting emails about sending in for the exchange headsculpt.

Latest update from Sideshow when I called them. They had got confirmation from Hot Toys that the replacement heads have been shipped already to Sideshow. So should be a couple of weeks and we will start getting emails about sending in for the exchange headsculpt.
Gonna be a loooooooooong couple of weeks. At this point, they should just let the original buyers keep the Tony Stank head along with the reused Mk46/47 sculpt.

Thanks for checking.

tumblr_05f145d35341088581c3ea97edc034dc_655c5b89_400.gif

Just joined the forums and I'm gonna throw my opinion into the head sculpt discussion. I think its fine. Under the right lighting very good even. Definitely will be keeping my original when the swap out becomes available.

Attachments

• 20220118_180259_HDR_(1)~2.jpg
    20220118_180259_HDR_(1)~2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220106_135044_(1)_(1).jpg
    20220106_135044_(1)_(1).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 74
Just joined the forums and I'm gonna throw my opinion into the head sculpt discussion. I think its fine. Under the right lighting very good even. Definitely will be keeping my original when the swap out becomes available.
Proceeds to photograph head sculpt in worst lighting possible...I don't blame ya, it's really that bad. Ideally you'd wanna put a paper bag over it. :lol

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Proceeds to photograph head sculpt in worst lighting possible...I don't blame ya, it's really that bad. Ideally you'd wanna put a paper bag over it. :lol

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Guess I throw getting a good shot of it for you on my to do list! Just starting to to photograph these things, working through the learning curve.

Well I got the revised sculpt in today (bought separately on eBay) and I gotta say wow does it make a difference. I didn't really mind the regular headsculpt but now seeing the new sculpt in hand, it's quite the difference. Happy to have both, though I can't see myself really using the other one.

Back