Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

:lol GB you are a sass-a-frass today, easy killer! So, what you're saying is that it's not a stretched out 12" doll? :dunno

I'm full of beans and splitting the scene my friend!!! Hot Diggity Dog!!! :lol

Id pay 300 for a figure that moves and can have plenty of different poses over the 1600 Plus... :thud: Avatar Neytiri Maquette :thud: Plus what else dose Neytiri do other then be big??? :lecture Lets not forget a light up base but oh yeah Hot Toys did that too...

$250 would have been A LOT more reasonable

$315? Are they insane? That's about $100 more than it ought to be for what it is. Sure its tall, but its also super skinny; they essentially took a 12" figure and stretched it to 18"; any additional material is minimal.

I think your comment may win the prize for the dumbest one yet in this thread... do you really think the arms, torso, legs, etc. are the same thickness as a standard figure? This thing is all around massive in comaprison to a 12" figure.

Even when you take size out of the equation this is a highly articulated, unique body that is fully painted. That is where the cost comes from, not just stretching it out a bit :slap

I agree,his comment was ultra dumb.:duh

Id pay 300 for a figure that moves and can have plenty of different poses over the 1600 Plus... :thud: Avatar Neytiri Maquette :thud: Plus what else dose Neytiri do other then be big??? :lecture Lets not forget a light up base but oh yeah Hot Toys did that too...

:goodpost:

I wamted that maquette it was just too much, now i can get this for much less with HT qualitu.

I can some what understand why its priced the way it is...

First: yes it is a whole 6 inches taller then the normal figures.

Second: The whole body needs to be painted + the head.

Third: LED light stand ( i could have done without this)

Forth: Its a body that has no useful application after this run. They cant reuse this body for anything else other then avatar atm.

and I am not sure about whats going on with the hair but the amount of detail put in to the back of the head with all the feathers and junk looks like a lot of work.

I was thinking Tron bike cost to be honest.

I am already reconsidering my initial No/Pass response.........poop!

Im getting one and will have some for sale at my store and website....

I can some what understand why its priced the way it is...

First: yes it is a whole 6 inches taller then the normal figures.

Second: The whole body needs to be painted + the head.

Third: LED light stand ( i could have done without this)

Forth: Its a body that has no useful application after this run. They cant reuse this body for anything else other then avatar atm.

and I am not sure about whats going on with the hair but the amount of detail put in to the back of the head with all the feathers and junk looks like a lot of work.

Definitely a great explanation for price.

Having that said, at $315 and my low interest, this line's not for me. I was originally going to wait and see the pricing and what Neytiri would look like, but this is crossing the line a bit. Totally understand HT's decision, though that doesn't make buying it any easier.

Power to anyone who's been waiting for this and it does indeed look incredible. "Avatar" has kind of blown over on my end, but again, that's just me.

I don't know what to do. I hate to pay PF prices for a 1/6 figure. I love it, but it's still high. I'll have to wait and see what others prices are.

Well, Jake Sully is $284 at Razor's Edge, so I'd assume he goes for a similar price elsewhere.

Domestically, if you figure in reward points, he's $299.25 out the door at Sideshow. So I guess he's coming out about the same in the long run as other stores by the time you figure in shipping and no points.

Well I hope everyone has had a chance to say sayonara to the Avatar license ;) It's no one's fault but Hot Toys this time.

Back