Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

I would be willing to pay $315 for a figure with minmal flaws However, with the head sculpt being off and the visible joints, this is too steep a price. I would love to have it towering over my collection. If there was no deposit required, I would preorder and hope for changes. They are supposedly changing Indiana Jones, maybe they will do the same for a figure at this price point.

Those of you complaining about the price just wait and pay the $1600 for the Legacy version.

There is always the possibility of the blank expression Neytiri from Sideshow getting a companion Jake for less money than this.

Those are your choices.

Looks like the SSC Neytiri statue is the only Avatar collectible without crazy sticker price. Unfortunately that's the one I'm least inclined to own.

After $170 for Baby Doll $315 for a giant character from a movie most people actually like definitely seems par for the course.

I really like this figure but I'll wait and see what else HT and SSC have in store at SDCC before I pull the trigger and place a deposit though.

That Bespin Luke DX announcement and state-of-the-badass-art Boba Fett and IG-88 have me all kinds of giddy for the time being.
i'm not quite sold on that Boba yet, but IG88 and Luke are easy buys.

and seriously? $170 for Sucker Punch toys? whatever, HT.

You don't buy this, you might not get Neytiri, that's the worry.

IMO this IS a bad time for SSC to announce this, with all the other HT's in the 4th quarter, as well as the comic-con figures coming before then, and the announcement of bespin Luke.

There couldnt be a worse time for this hefty price aswell.

I'm likely gonna cancel MK 2 for this instead.

Aargh, the price is quite a lot, didn't expect that... gonna have a looong talk with my wallet...

I knew this would be probably $250, but over $300 is taking it to the next level...argh...wow......i am actually stunned....for that money, figure has to talk dirty to me

Wow. $315! Can't say I'm surprised...but I can't say I expected a $300+ price tag on this either.

If I didn't have so many other HT figs on preorder (Spiderman, Superman, Indy, Jack) plus a flex pay on a 3PO Bust, I'd look into getting it. But from my own financial standpoint, I cant afford everything. No go on this piece for me...especially at that price.

I knew this would be probably $250, but over $300 is taking it to the next level...argh...wow......i am actually stunned....for that money, figure has to talk dirty to me
yep, the days of $150 predators and $250 ED209s are long gone. might as well get used to it.

second head would of been nice!!

I liked Avatar, then again I loved Fern Gully as a kid and still love Dances with Wolves so the storyline is very much a nice mish-mash of the two. I'm not sure I like it $315 worth. Being in California it'd be about $350 for me and it's difficult to say that this figure is worth getting over a PF.

Placed a order at BBTS, price is lower and I have credit there to use.

Didn't like the film, but was excited to see if the figures looked good, and as the trend is with hot toys, this looks great

I am tempted.. I think I am going to wait for Comic Con, I am really hoping for two versions of Kyle Reese announcement and a Police Shootout T-800 before i buy Jack Sully. I am already saving for the X-Men First Class line and more Captain America figures. Plus with the Star wars announcement. I am def. going to have to make decisions

I preordered at BBTS just in case... but I think I will have to cancel soon...

if i'm cancelling PFs due to changes in collecting direction, a $300 HT figure is not going to be in my 'want list'.

I'd rather wait for the Iron Man Mk VI Stealth Gunmetal Battle-damaged SDCC Exclusive.

Wonder if they would have been better using rubber overlay like the King Leonidas figure, Why have joints showing ? especially on a figure with such little clothing, Seems a step in the opposite direction to me.

I PO @ BBTS too. Came out a tad bit cheaper than SSC, with no NRD--a must if I find that the finances won't work out when these actually ship...

Back