Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Yep, but with 5% back and free shipping Sideshow ends up being a better deal. I don't know what AE will charge for shipping, but any more than $15 (which with something this big it will be) Sideshow ends up being less.

I just checked AE and it's $14.99 shipped to where I live. AE with shipping is $298.98. BBTS with shipping comes out to be $301.88. May go with BBTS though, since I already have a store credit there.

For a standard figure (so what, it's big) to be over $300 is insane. This will be the end of Hot Toys! (Not really, because we are all insane and won't stop ever!)

But, this figure should be the "Jumping the Shark" moment for them.

For that price we should get a rag tag version of Jake Skully. Go reuse the Perseus sculpt + cheapo TT body with some half ass garment and I'll bite.

I just checked AE and it's $14.99 shipped to where I live. AE with shipping is $298.98. BBTS with shipping comes out to be $301.88. May go with BBTS though, since I already have a store credit there.

Is $14.99 the actual shipping or an estimate? Generally a standard 1/6 figure from AE is around $15; can't imagine something this size (unless it requires some assembly) would be the same price.

Avatar was alright, and this figure is cool as well, but not $315 cool...

yep, the days of $150 predators and $250 ED209s are long gone. might as well get used to it.

Yeah, ED seems like a steal now... but he was actually $195, but at that time standard HT figures were around $80-$100. Now the standard is more like $150-$170; figures got real expensive real fast :monkey2

This got heavy price and this is not worth over 300$.

Yeah, ED seems like a steal now... but he was actually $195, but at that time standard HT figures were around $80-$100. Now the standard is more like $150-$170; figures got real expensive real fast :monkey2
haha, just checked and you're right. MAN... $195 for ED. i just paid more than that for a damn 12" Superman figure. yeah, i remember getting Reese and some marines for $80 too. and i STILL thought that was a ripoff for unlicensed/non-likeness figures back then. inflation doesn't play around.

This price is a little over the top. Diehard Avatar fans will order it no problem, but the casual collector/fans will pass...myself included.

When I first saw the pics, I was interested in it even though it didn't really fit into my collection. But at $315, I can't justify it.

I'm sure it'll be awesome but just not for me at that price point.

Plastic is produced from petroleum.... dont have to be a genius to figure out that plastic costs go up just as fuel costs do.

ORDER NOW! Click the pic!
Hot Toys AVATAR - Jake Sully

Do it for Dave Avatarriors!!! I don't know fellas, I think I might be reaching my breaking point with these dolls. I feel priced outta the park. I think this can go two ways...either this big blue emaciated Smurf will sell out because there are collectors so hungry for the property or it will rot for a while on the site and hit gift card status. No inbetween. It's a big ass figure, try putting that in a normal Detolf shelf, I just don’t see this being collector friendly enough to do gangbusters. Neytiri would be cool, but naked Jake for that kind of scratch just ain't worth it to me in my opinion. And Watchmen was great Joseph. :nono

Looks great but too pricey for my wallet at $300+

Rather buy two other figures for that much..

Is $14.99 the actual shipping or an estimate? Generally a standard 1/6 figure from AE is around $15; can't imagine something this size (unless it requires some assembly) would be the same price.

Yeah, $14.99 is what AE is calculating as actual shipping cost. Typical shipping costs from AE for a single Hot Toys figure order ranges in price from $12.99 to $14.99. That's been my experience.

The shipping price seems about right. When I ordered the SSC Dewback and the Sandtrooper Desert Sands Detachment figure from AE, total shipping was $32.98 for both. $19.99 for the Dewback and $12.99 for Sandtrooper.

Cool, and I guess shipping would be the same since we're both in OK.

I dont mind the feet. It's the blue diaper that keeps getting me.

They seem to have tied this figures price to his height. Not worth it. Decent movie, cool figure, but no Fing way!

$315? Are they insane? That's about $100 more than it ought to be for what it is. Sure its tall, but its also super skinny; they essentially took a 12" figure and stretched it to 18"; any additional material is minimal.

I liked Avatar quite a bit, and the figure is really nice. But that price? Not a freaking chance.

$315? Are they insane? That's about $100 more than it ought to be for what it is. Sure its tall, but its also super skinny; they essentially took a 12" figure and stretched it to 18"; any additional material is minimal.

I think your comment may win the prize for the dumbest one yet in this thread... do you really think the arms, torso, legs, etc. are the same thickness as a standard figure? This thing is all around massive in comaprison to a 12" figure.

Even when you take size out of the equation this is a highly articulated, unique body that is fully painted. That is where the cost comes from, not just stretching it out a bit :slap

Back