Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

No Jake unless there's a Neyitri.

You are not going to see a Neyitri for a while even if he sells well they need to milk the mold at least 3 male figures 2 of Jake in different outfits and maybe his partner Tsu’Tey.

A possible 4 figure could be Norm Spellman. They invested alot of time in the the figure for sure they will at leat milk it like they are doing with the new predator body by re releasing all the previous Predators with the updated body. And that is at least 5, 6 and not to mention these artist variations like the samurai and the crusader that was hinted at.

But hey I am thinking the same thing I need this guy as a set, and on that thought I am not sure If I am willing to invest $600 at a minimum on this.

Last edited:

I'd be gutted if we don't get Neytiri but I'd never pass up Jake in hope of her ever being made, which I'm quite sure she will. I've been waiting anxiously for this figure ever since HT announced the licence.

My work pay has been down at work as of late and Ive already canceled man high profile figures that I had on PO for the begining of this year... DX Batman and Joker 89.... Have both been put down... :(:(:( Right now all I have on PO are Jake and Classic... Im thinking of letting Jake go if I need to to get Classic... I can wait for Neytiri witch is the one that I really want... Who am I kidding Id like both but if work dose not improve soon before these figures releas Im going to have to make some hard picks here involving figures...

My work pay has been down at work as of late and Ive already canceled man high profile figures that I had on PO for the begining of this year... DX Batman and Joker 89.... Have both been put down... :(:(:( Right now all I have on PO are Jake and Classic... Im thinking of letting Jake go if I need to to get Classic... I can wait for Neytiri witch is the one that I really want... Who am I kidding Id like both but if work dose not improve soon before these figures releas Im going to have to make some hard picks here involving figures...

Neytiri witch.... interesting term...

Last edited:

No Jake unless there's a Neyitri.

No Neytiri unless Jake sells well.:wave

It's a paradox...

Neytiri won't be made unless Jake sells well and Jake probably won't make the money they want so they won't invest in a Neytiri.
And the reason Jake doesn't make the money they expect is cos fans won't buy it unless they know they'll get a Neytiri.

Unfortunatley the license has to prove successful before the first figure even ships, and that is impossible.

I bet the original Mark 1 Iron Man made about the same as Jake will, but HT now has a policy of it needing to make as much as three of the Mark 1's before they'll invest in the license, and that won't happen, which is the reason no licenses get developed except their Cashcows,

HT expect the first figure to make as much as three figures now, they didn't before they became greedy.

That's why they can at least show concept art for say a core lineup of 3-4 characters. That way folks can at least feel that they will be buying into a line. If I knew the line was likely going to have some depth I'd take the gamble. Otherwise, forget it.

:exactly:

Fewer people will buy into a line if you pretty much know HT doesn't care and won't fill it with a few figures.

The most annoying fact is that if they didn't gamble on their cashcow lines they would never have know known well they can do, in order for a line to be successful it had to be developed enough to interest collectors.

If Predator/AVP stopped after 1 or 2 figures and HT gave up then they'd have never made the money they could've done.
The same principle can be applied to ANY franchise, only HT is now comfortably exploiting the same franchises without developing other lines to make them as successful.

They'll lose out in the long run, long term customers will leave as there isn't much but more of the same licenses and remakes with a few gems made and abandoned in the meantime.

Then the fans of those licenses getting the remakes will grow bored and move on and all that is left in the next generation of suckers who'll fall into the same trap or read up on HT and realise there's no point buying a figure as they'll remake it for newer customers in a few years.

Last edited:

I'm willing to take that chance.

:exactly:

I'm buying it cause i want Jake & Neytiri.

All i can do to get her is to buy from this license and stop buying from the cashcow licenses.

It's the only way to get new figures, speak with your wallet.

I'm not expecting a Neytiri if I'm being honest. Disagree with me all you like.:wave :lol

If some of you don't feel like getting this for Jake then at least stop buying from the overdeveloped cashcow licenses and remakes, the trend of exploiting the same licenses and not developing other (likely better ones) will continue until those tired of it speak with their money.

If some of you don't feel like getting this for Jake then at least stop buying from the overdeveloped cashcow licenses and remakes, the trend of exploiting the same licenses and not developing other (likely better ones) will continue until those tired of it speak with their money.

Batman, Iron Man and Predator is always going to sell well. We all like to think that Hot Toys is doing us a favour by giving us our favourite characters in figure form but they're a business at the end of the day and will continue to exploit what makes them money.

Batman, Iron Man and Predator is always going to sell well. We all like to think that Hot Toys is doing us a favour by giving us our favourite characters in figure form but they're a business at the end of the day and will continue to exploit what makes them money.

:exactly: They are a business- not to extend their cash flow down to us!

Precisely the wrong attitude, by that logic Hot Toys exist only to make those figures and fans of tons of other licenses are just lucky they bothered to make one figure from them, Hot Toys made figures before those three licenses and made enough to pay for those licenses and to fork over money to develop them into cashcows, where did that money come from without those licenses cash flow?

It's 2012 and the world's economoy is a mess. HT would be fools not to follow where the money is at.

Back