Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

It's 2012 and the world's economoy is a mess. HT would be fools not to follow where the money is at.

True- economic realities- HT has to be very aware of the market these days

It's 2012 and the world's economoy is a mess. HT would be fools not to follow where the money is at.

That's a good point, but i still maintain that almost any license can make the same amount of money their cashcows have, if they develop it enough to draw customers in.

Looks at all the new customers who want the original figures cos they started Iron Man line late, the same thing can apply to Avatar, if after Jake they do Neytiri, Quaritch,
Tsu'tay, human Jake, human soldier, AMP suit, then those who come into the line at human jake will backtrack to get the first couple of figures or a Jake 2.0 :lol

Neytiri will happen, I'll bet my big testical HT will make her :mad:

My guess is Hot Toys decided to make Jake first because Sideshow had already done a Neytiri 1/6 statue and the Legacy maquette. But the reason I won't buy the Jake is the same reason I won't buy the Sideshow maquette. So if both companies are trying to avoid stepping on one another's toes, they might in fact both be sabotaging each other's sales.

My guess is Hot Toys decided to make Jake first because Sideshow had already done a Neytiri 1/6 statue and the Legacy maquette. But the reason I won't buy the Jake is the same reason I won't buy the Sideshow maquette. So if both companies are trying to avoid stepping on one another's toes, they might in fact both be sabotaging each other's sales.

What reason?

And i Don't see how? If they both do the same character there is competition, since HT is starting with one not yet done, it's a better bet realistically as there isn't any competition.

That wouldn't stop HT anyway, it's like now with SS releasing a Dutch PF while HT just announcing there making a 1/4 Version.

Neytiri will happen, I'll bet my big testical HT will make her :mad:

Cant see it myself, not when you factor in The Avengers, TDKR, Amazing Spiderman & Prometheus lines HT's will want to bring out later in the year

Not to mention of course the Predator rehashes :rotfl

^^
May be but I'd just be abit suprised if HT put in all this effort in to making this figure & to only make one. I've been in this hobby long enough now to never rule anything out when it comes to HT & I also I like to be overly optimistic when it comes to figure I want made :D

That's a good point, but i still maintain that almost any license can make the same amount of money their cashcows have, if they develop it enough to draw customers in.

Looks at all the new customers who want the original figures cos they started Iron Man line late, the same thing can apply to Avatar, if after Jake they do Neytiri, Quaritch,
Tsu'tay, human Jake, human soldier, AMP suit, then those who come into the line at human jake will backtrack to get the first couple of figures or a Jake 2.0 :lol

Green Lantern will hardly sell.

It was considered one of the worst movies last year.

Cant see it myself, not when you factor in The Avengers, TDKR, Amazing Spiderman & Prometheus lines HT's will want to bring out later in the year

Not to mention of course the Predator rehashes :rotfl

Prometheus :lol you really think HT will bother with that in 2012? They announced all those in my sig and haven't bothered to start them yet or give any further details, HT don't take risks anymore.

And X-Men first Class was considered one of the best!

Doesn't matter anyway as Green Lantern was based on a longterm comic so there are built in customers who want the characters despite the movie. + alot of people will not be uninterested untill they see it and think "i can't pass that up"

Although i do agree Green Lantern is a license where only the main character is a must, but there are enough characters to make a good few fantastic figures from

Yeah fair point on Prometheus, I just wanted to emboss my point about all the big films coming out this year that HT have the license for ;)

Yeah fair point on Prometheus, I just wanted to emboss my point about all the big films coming out this year that HT have the license for ;)

And as someone said above 2012 is the year of remakes, all those big licenses you mentioned aside from Prometheus have already been made as characters with the exception of Bane, a possible Catwoman, Nick Fury and Hawkeye, doesn't say much for originality!!

And as someone said above 2012 is the year of remakes, all those big licenses you mentioned aside from Prometheus have already been made as characters with the exception of Bane, a possible Catwoman, Nick Fury and Hawkeye, doesn't say much for originality!!

True True more remakes then new figures

True True more remakes then new figures

I created a list and at the moment there is more original characters up for order compared to previously made characters, but the upcoming new figures vs previously made characters is pretty bad!.. 5 new characters vs 16 previously made characters So 2012 will suck if you've shopped with HT for a few years :(

Conversely there are 7 new franchises in play, but only 3 on order at the moment.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4109577&postcount=1643

I think Hot Toys will jump on Prometheus seeing as it is connected to Alien and there are many Alien collectors. If they decide to do any of the humans, they'll be easy as they already have the bodies for them.

Now that Avatar 2 won't be out till 2016, HT probably doesn't think they'll have to rush with the figures.

I can see them focussing on The Avengers characters seeing as the film is still to come and also more sequels to some of the characters in that film. It truly is a cashcow for them at the moment. Too bad for me though as I don't collect any of them.

The only Hot Toy's figure I have pre ordered is Jake Sully, so it's seriously annoying that it is taking so long. I want a Neytiri too, but I will have the Jake on it's own if she never gets made. I guess it's the opposite for me as a woman, I'd prefer the Jake over Neytiri and if they Neytiri figure had come first, I'd want to know a Jake was coming because I don't really want Neytiri on her own. That's the reason why I didn't go for the Legacy or SS Neytiri statues.

I think Hot Toys will jump on Prometheus seeing as it is connected to Alien and there are many Alien collectors. If they decide to do any of the humans, they'll be easy as they already have the bodies for them.

Now that Avatar 2 won't be out till 2016, HT probably doesn't think they'll have to rush with the figures.

I haven't seen the trailer but my impression from Scott is that the studio has been preasuring him to say it is kinda sorta related to Alien, in order to drum up hype.

I can see them focussing on The Avengers characters seeing as the film is still to come and also more sequels to some of the characters in that film. It truly is a cashcow for them at the moment. Too bad for me though as I don't collect any of them.

I too aren't interested in their cashcow as they've been cashcows for too long, i may get Captain America and Bane, but that'd be it. Sad thing about the Avengers license is nearly every character has already been made by HT, so no originality.

The only Hot Toy's figure I have pre ordered is Jake Sully, so it's seriously annoying that it is taking so long. I want a Neytiri too, but I will have the Jake on it's own if she never gets made. I guess it's the opposite for me as a woman, I'd prefer the Jake over Neytiri and if they Neytiri figure had come first, I'd want to know a Jake was coming because I don't really want Neytiri on her own. That's the reason why I didn't go for the Legacy or SS Neytiri statues.

I too jake ordered Jake cos i like Jake, i want Neytiri too and the only way she'll come is if customers like us support the line with our cash.

:lecture

Wolf.jpg

Back