Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Batman Returns suit Batman is inevitable when they do this line. Hot Toys knows it's an easy sell to hardcore Batman fans and the suit has some differences. The differences may be pretty minor but still there (hell look at the Evil Superman from Superman III which has little changes from the regular figure). Not to mention they have the possibility of doing a Keaton sculpt. Just because Penguin and Catwoman and hell even Shreck overshadowed Batman in this film I still think they'll make him.

True. A Keaton sculpt would be cool, though I probably wouldn't display it.

A Batman Returns suit Batman is inevitable when they do this line. Hot Toys knows it's an easy sell to hardcore Batman fans and the suit has some differences. The differences may be pretty minor but still there (hell look at the Evil Superman from Superman III which has little changes from the regular figure). Not to mention they have the possibility of doing a Keaton sculpt. Just because Penguin and Catwoman and hell even Shreck overshadowed Batman in this film I still think they'll make him.
I wouldn't consider them minor. The suit has pretty much a completely different look, but that's coming from someone who loves Returns, and has gone over the differences.

True. A Keaton sculpt would be cool, though I probably wouldn't display it.

I might Display the Keaton head with my Bale head occasionally. Just to give the display a new look.

I wouldn't consider them minor. The suit has pretty much a completely different look, but that's coming from someone who loves Returns, and has gone over the differences.

I might Display the Keaton head with my Bale head occasionally. Just to give the display a new look.
They're not that big of differences really. The Bat symbol is different (no extra points) and the abdomen area is armored. That's really about it. There may be other things that were modified but those are the two most noticeable changes.

They're not that big of differences really. The Bat symbol is different (no extra points) and the abdomen area is armored. That's really about it. There may be other things that were modified but those are the two most noticeable changes.

And the cowl is completely streamlined...

The cowl and boots have been redesigned too.

I see huge differences between the suits. Cowl, chest, abdomen, boots and thigh armor were all redesigned. They're two completely different suits in my eyes.

I see huge differences between the suits. Cowl, chest, abdomen, boots and thigh armor were all redesigned. They're two completely different suits in my eyes.

Me too. I didn't when I was younger but now it's noticeable.

Definitely prefer the Returns suit.

KeatonBatmanReturns.jpg

they are completely different, but the Returns suit still retains some of the of styles of the original suit, mainly the pointed bottom part of the cowl, the utility belt, and just the general "look" is somewhat the same, but ofcourse completely different, much sleeker, the fake "leathery" muscles are gone and replaced with sleek lines and obvious armor.

cant believe they still haven't announced any news on this line. for some reason I feel its been put on the backburner, possibly forever.

To the average fan of Batman (me), I never knew the detailed differences until the HT 89 version was announced. Kind of like Darth Vader's lightsaber. Never crossed my mind until Master Replicas started releasing the replicas.

they are completely different, but the Returns suit still retains some of the of styles of the original suit, mainly the pointed bottom part of the cowl, the utility belt, and just the general "look" is somewhat the same, but ofcourse completely different, much sleeker, the fake "leathery" muscles are gone and replaced with sleek lines and obvious armor.

cant believe they still haven't announced any news on this line. for some reason I feel its been put on the backburner, possibly forever.
I guess I haven't watched Batman Returns in a while so maybe I'm just not remembering well. I know there are some differences but really it's stuff that's not overly noticeable on first glance and is stuff you see better after looking at stills and stuff.

When I was a kid all I drew was the Returns suit, it wasn't until in the early 2000's that I realized that The Batman returns and the 1989 batman suit were totally different. did you guys see the interview posted in the batmobile topic with Howard about the Returns line?

When I was a kid all I drew was the Returns suit, it wasn't until in the early 2000's that I realized that The Batman returns and the 1989 batman suit were totally different. did you guys see the interview posted in the batmobile topic with Howard about the Returns line?

So Comic Con or did he just mean 66?

Either way, not dead yet!!!

yTG0R.gif

Not by a long shot, I just hate how they think they are busy, they should have released the returns batman already, I dread waiting until 2014 for this.

This was recently taken in HK. Is that the returns suit in the coming soon teaser pic?

That looks like it was taken at last years Ani-Com. It also looks like just the Original Batsuit hence the first Batman movie logo. When they teased the Returns line, they used the Returns movie poster.

Back