Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG, there's a difference between the suit in Batman and Batman Returns!?!?!

I just searched some footage and there's no difference between the '89 Batman suit and the BR suit. Maybe we'd get a Keaton sculpt but I can't think of any other differences.

tumblr_lr0hwnYiWs1qlyxsm.gif

Man, you guys are vicious!

Well, you did just kind of stick your foot in your mouth by point-blank saying something that was blatantly false, to a bunch of Batman fans who are fanatic enough to spend hundreds of dollars on Batman toys - in other words, the kind of people who would know better.

Actually, I think you got off rather easy, haha.

Well, you did just kind of stick your foot in your mouth by point-blank saying something that was blatantly false, to a bunch of Batman fans who are fanatic enough to spend hundreds of dollars on Batman toys - in other words, the kind of people who would know better.

:exactly: This one gets it. I'm new to 1/6 collecting, but have been collecting DC Direct stuff for years. At this point I notice minute changes between artists in Batman's costume. So the 89 and Returns suits are like night and day when looking at them separately.

Yeah, I looked again, there are definitely differences. The biggest one is in the abs, but I still don't think it's a massive difference, like between the Keaton suits and the Kilmer suits or Clooney suits. :dunno

Yeah, I looked again, there are definitely differences. The biggest one is in the abs, but I still don't think it's a massive difference, like between the Keaton suits and the Kilmer suits or Clooney suits. :dunno

The Batsymbol on the Returns suit is also different. It's a more comic/WB marketing accurate symbol. The 89 symbol was tweaked. They added two "feet" to the bottom of it. Plus the cowl is not as large in Returns(less shadowing on Keaton's eyes).

I believe in Forever Kilmer starts in the Returns costume, and changes into the "Prototype" costume after Riddler destroys the cave.

Clooney was in the Prototype, and changed to the silver monstrosity he wore at the end of the film for some contrived reason. I hate this movie with the passion of 1000 burning suns. I have tried to forget it ever happened.

The Forever was not the Returns Costume.... The belt was different.. It had the 89 type body armor. It had bat nipples. Pretty much the whole costume was different...

Really curious about what hot toys will do with penguin.
I wonder if they will go as far as to include Fred's hand?
Or maybe a pair of hands clutching a half eaten fish.

I'd love to see him come with

3 umbrellas(This seems unlikely...but a guy can hope.)
A regular black one,The spiral one he was "hypnotizing" Shrek with,And the "cute one" that he accidentally grabs towards the end.
The device that he uses to take control of the batmobile.
A penguin soldier(It would be cool if hot toys released a pack of them)
Fred's hand
The shredded documents
A set of hands holding a mauled fish

I'm sure there's more he could come with.
But that's all I can come up with at the moment.heh

Really looking forward to these, but the lack of news is frustrating. There's one empty tier left on my batman shelf - and I'm reserving it for the Batman Returns stuff.

Really curious about what hot toys will do with penguin.
I wonder if they will go as far as to include Fred's hand?
Or maybe a pair of hands clutching a half eaten fish.

I'd love to see him come with

3 umbrellas(This seems unlikely...but a guy can hope.)
A regular black one,The spiral one he was "hypnotizing" Shrek with,And the "cute one" that he accidentally grabs towards the end.
The device that he uses to take control of the batmobile.
A penguin soldier(It would be cool if hot toys released a pack of them)
Fred's hand
The shredded documents
A set of hands holding a mauled fish

I'm sure there's more he could come with.
But that's all I can come up with at the moment.heh

A Cobblepot for Mayor button
The remote bat-a-rang he knocked out the Ice princess with
His caged pet Canary
His Umbrella that was a Helicopter
Only after we ge the 89 Batwing, they should release the 1/6 Rubber Duck boat/car Penguin used.

That's all I got.

The Forever was not the Returns Costume.... The belt was different.. It had the 89 type body armor. It had bat nipples. Pretty much the whole costume was different...
You're right. I went back to fact check myself, and it is a way mor muscled version of the 89 suit w/ nipples.

I don't know about you guys, but the greatest gimmick for me on the returns suit was his cape turning into freaking metal, bad *** flying wings. I'm literally dying to see how HT does that. Also, they should include a phone and gloveless arms to recreate the scene when he talks to Alfred after being hurt my catwomans nail...

From head to toe(minus the belt), 89 and Returns are completely different costumes..hell, i knew this back when i was 12yrs old.

Different..cowl,body armor,bat insignia,boots,cape,gloves..only thing i can think of that we see him use in both movies is the grapple gun, same belt and same car of course.

The suit was much more improved for Batman Returns..

Batman-1989.jpg

Back