Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ABSOLUTELY EPIC!!!!!
HOT TOYS YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!
But in a good way, Can't wait for these,
I'd be down for
Bats (Would love an extra Keaton sculpt to make Bruce)
Catwoman
Penguin (And please give us at least two rocket weilding penguins)
Can't justify buying a 1/6 Duckmobile lol

Kindest regards
Tys

What is the difference in the batsuit of 89 keaton batman and the 2nd film's custome?

Go back a few pages, you will see a pic comparison

Here are a few pointers:

- The cowl (shape)
- The suit armor (89 has muscle sculpted armor / BR has an art deco style armor)
- The finish texture of the suit (89 has a slight texturing / BR has it smooth)
- The boots and gauntlets

Last edited:
So you prefer a suit that looks more roughly made then rather than sleek ?

And my guess is that you won't be getting Batman from BATMAN RETURNS too then ?

It's not really about the roughly made aspect of the 89 suit - it's about the design and fit.

Like I said a few posts back - the 89 suit looks bulky and makes Keaton look a lot bigger and intimidating - the returns suit, when you look at a full length shot of it, looks way too fitted and accentuates how small Keaton is.

Doesn't look very Batman in terms of physical presence.

I have the same complaint of the TDK suit versus the Begins suit - though Bale seems to look a lot bulkier in the TDK suit this time around in TDKR, because he's more buff than he was in TDK.

Good to hear, but I really don't know how they expect people to pay for all this. You have the 89' stuff, TDKR, TDK re-release, and now, Returns. I never thought I'd say this, but is it possible that they're putting too much Batman stuff on the market? I mean, sure, TDK and BB had their share of variant figures, but none of those were announced at the same time. Not to mention, how "friendly" they are with Sideshow, you'd think they might take into account that the guys who helped make the HT Star Wars and Indy stuff possible are trying to get their own DC 1/6th line off the ground, and even though it's comic stuff, I wonder how successful they'll be with all of this HT stuff coming? Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be happier as a Batman fan, but I just worry that they may be doing themselves more harm than good, seeing as how we have: 89 Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker, The Batmobile, a Tumbler "Relaunch", A DX TDK Joker 2.0, as well as the vehicles and figures from TDKR.

:yess::yess::yess:

I'm at the middle ground between a nerdgasm and worrying that I may need to live in a van in the company of my 12" friends.

Isn't this announcement to early? It is great, but it could backfire as collectors might pass/cancell on the 89 Keaton for a Returns version. From a business sense give the collectors the 89 Keaton wait awhile then hit em with the double dip.....another Batman!!!

To be honest I really don't think HT will be able to release these guys in 2012. They have TDKR to contend with PLUS everything else they've announced ages ago.

Isn't this announcement to early? It is great, but it could backfire as collectors might pass/cancell on the 89 Keaton for a Returns version. From a business sense give the collectors the 89 Keaton wait awhile then hit em with the double dip.....another Batman!!!

Personally, I don't think it's too early.
Good news needs to be shared ASAP.
:D

Catwoman and Penguin. I imagine there will also be an unmasked/damaged mask Batman with a Keaton portrait, so yep probably that too. Maybe they can use the Keaton for Beetlejuice.

they need to do Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. Sure the movies were terrible, but the Batsuits and Robin/Nightwing costumes were nice.

Shelf's gonna look nice with Joker, Penguin and Catwoman.

And after we get that, some will want to go the full distance with a Carrey Riddler and a Jones Two-Face believe it or not.

Back