Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's lame.

Oh well, atleast we got a heads up instead of a complete surprise of absolutely nothing next week.

What's stupid is, they teased that Sleepy Hollow Depp months and months ago, but they already have Tonto ready to reveal and show?

Doesn't make sense, I don't get their obsession with him either. I guess it makes sense to show it since the movie just came out (and it is comic con) but still. Their choices are always so odd.

It really will be disappointing if that's all we'll see at the convention. Hopefully, they have some cool stuff set aside as a surprise.

Could it be that HT was afraid that since the movie (Lone Ranger) turned out to be considered "forgettable" by many, collectors' interest on the figure would also wane unless they (HT) show that the figure line is in the works ASAP?

That's what I think makes HT confident on the Batman Returns line, OTH. They think that people would buy this anyway whether this gets previewed next month or next year knowing that it's from a movie (featuring characters) that is more timeless than the other franchises they gotten hold of.

3 out of the 6 visible preview pics there feature Iron Man stuff, and a 4th is of a villain from a movie that has Iron Man as a main character.

I am officially sick of Iron Man.

Sallah

Batman will always sell, it's not like they risk people losing interest with a license from a 20 year old film. Then there's all these people on Facebook and message boards complaining and wondering where the Returns figures are.

What's annoying to me is their lack of communication. Are they making all three characters from Batman Returns? They said December of last year they'd be shown, now when? How will the Murphy Robocop unmasked be offered? Are they ever going to do a 1/6 Police Shootout 1984 T-800? Etc. etc. All these no brainers from older lines are always communicated vaguely.

I would have atleast debuted Returns Batman this summer. You have the recent off the wall, Mime Nicholson 2.0, you have the Batmobile coming in a few weeks, it makes perfect sense. They'd easily ensnare folks on buying all three products, available for order and pre order. Lots of people seemed to have missed out on '89 DX 09, perfect time for a Keaton 2.0 armored version. Plenty of people want a Batman with their Batmobile, perfect time for a Returns Batman.

Hell, I'd even be happy if they had something from Prometheus or some brand new licenses. Don't get me wrong, I love Batman and The Avengers, but variety is the spice of life.

Atleast there is more Iron Man, Avengers and Depp, can never have too many MMS releases without a couple of those.

Although Batman Returns is the property I'm most excited for, I think Hot Toys knows better than to show too much Batman at once. People are excited about the '66 line now, and there's a whole lot of merchandise coming from a whole lot of companies. Hot Toys wants to capitalize on that.

I think Mime Joker was a nod to Burton fans as a sort of placeholder until Returns comes out some time down the road. I wouldn't have been surprised (and still wouldn't be) if a Gordon, Blake or Ra's al Ghul was also shown this year to appease Nolan fans.

What's worse, is that I get the feeling we'll see Arkham City Batman and Joker before Returns, to capitalize on the Arkham Origins game coming out in October.

Well crap, is this the entire HT booth lineup? 60's Batman and Robin but no Returns? :mad:

267231_522575911148730_1525496092_n.jpg
I guess no Lone Ranger figure either. I really hope they have more stuff to show besides what's pictured there.

I never expected them to show Returns this year since they revealed the Mime Joker, I guess they figured that would keep Burton fans happy for a while. But to have 60's Batman first just seems strange to me.

We already have a Burton Batman, so why make another one before producing the West version?

Back