Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new WW just released, the rooted hair seems to hold up with their prototype. And the sculpt comes separate in a plastic case. Might be a good sign for the Chosen One...
View attachment 653120
magnet socket and connector would be nice so people don't have to mess up the hair while trying to either pry it off or on

magnet socket and connector would be nice so people don't have to mess up the hair while trying to either pry it off or on
by the looks of it might just be on there with the stick and foam holding on it by friction

by the looks of it might just be on there with the stick and foam holding on it by friction
also not a bad option either and probably a little more reliable, but that's good if its the case. I'm glad they thought about it

I think sidehsow is just trying to figure out the best direction to handle this release. Whether it’s a lottery system or a queue up, whatever they decide, they are still going to get some backlash, can’t please everyone. I prefer a queue up, give us a date and time when this figure will be available for preorder and it’s a fair game, just hope their server can handle it.

I think sidehsow is just trying to figure out the best direction to handle this release. Whether it’s a lottery system or a queue up, whatever they decide, they are still going to get some backlash, can’t please everyone. I prefer a queue up, give us a date and time when this figure will be available for preorder and it’s a fair game, just hope their server can handle it.

I'd prefer lottery if they know they don't have the allotment to meet demand. At least, you won't have scalpers having higher chances getting this.

Hope it's lottery

If Sideshow does it via a queue system, their website will crash, as has happened before, and it will only bring them additional negativity from customers.

BUT... I think that is the way that they will go.

I hope lottery either. I’m unlucky and prefer to know a specific date and time. Easier to handle.
I think it's also the fairest option. People can't blame it selling out by bots.

Yes scalpers can get it, but it's also the most realistic way for any collector that wants it to get it at retail.

T. Stout would do a lottery system for his posters (because how crazy normal sales would go), and it worked out well and was fair.

"Lottery" means that the vendor will just covertly pick who gets the item, as this hides behind an illusion of fairness. Hobby influencers will all mystically, magically end up with the item! Wow. Who'da thunk it, what a coincidence! I have seen this happen tons of times, in all kinds of collecting based hobbies.

Me, I know from past experience that I have more of a chance of being on the next space station launch that I do of scoring in any lottery.

Last edited:
"Lottery" means that the vendor will just covertly pick who gets the item, as this hides behind an illusion of fairness. Hobby influencers will all mystically, magically end up with the item! Wow. Who'da thunk it, what a coincidence! I have seen this happen tons of times, in all kinds of collecting based hobbies.

Me, I know from past experience that I have more of a chance of being on the next space station launch that I do of scoring in any lottery.
Good thing Sideshow doesn’t like any of the youtubers :lol.

Back