Hot Toys Amazing Spider-man 2 license.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes!, can't wait to see the prototype of spidey 2, I need at least 1 spidey in my collection.. Please be awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it strange that people generally only want one Spidey in their collection but multiple Iron Men, Captain Americas, Black Widows ect..

True but my theory is they give those other characters so much love. They make them again and again usually better then the last [except loki]. Spidermans been kinda neglected. Theres a total of what 4 spiderman related hot toys? Maybe 5? No goblin, no doc ock even waited like 4 years for black suit. But how many iron mans came out last year?

I find it strange that people generally only want one Spidey in their collection but multiple Iron Men, Captain Americas, Black Widows ect..

Nope. One character, one figure for me.

And it's probably because Iron Man Mark I, Red Snapper, and Igor are all different enough to warrant getting them. Same can't be said for Spidey.

No Avengers (1/6) in my collection pal but I do want a Spidey in my collection so one will do me nicely.

I do like the ASM suit but to me the ASM 2 suit is much better and I would rather have that figure to represent Spidy in my collection. And no doubt HT will make improvements over the ASM figure, they can release him a lot sooner for a start. :lecture

Since they've done all but one TWS figures, there's gonna be a lot of time between now and GOTG that will need to be filled with figures.

They won't do Transformers or Godzilla, TNMT is unlikely but still not until August, there's no DC movies, from what I can see there's only Maleficent. They could/should fill that time with multiple figures from this movie.

I'll take multiple Spider-man's....err...men, whatever!!!

I think that thing is this, they've nailed Spider-man's costume PERFECTLY since day one. Ditko's design is one of the few costumes that has NOT been altered much since he originally debuted in the 1960's. And in the movies, he hasn't really changed his suit much until recently with the reboots. Every Marvel Studios movie has the characters changing their costumes. It's only recently with the Amazing Spider-man reboot that we've seen other Spidey outfits (other than his black suit in Spidey 3). So people are content with the red 'n blue because it has stood the test of time in both the comics and the movies.

The only other "definitive" Spider-man look that most are familiar with is the black costume.

Since they've done all but one TWS figures, there's gonna be a lot of time between now and GOTG that will need to be filled with figures.

They won't do Transformers or Godzilla, TNMT is unlikely but still not until August, there's no DC movies, from what I can see there's only Maleficent. They could/should fill that time with multiple figures from this movie.

Days of Future Past??? I enjoy Spidey,like the next person but (for me) the Spidey has three suits so far: red blue, black and starter suit. I am not certain what else they could make? The only villain to hit screen that warranting a figure was Doc Ock. I wasn't huge fan of either Goblin, Sandman, Venom or Lizard. Beyond the new Goblin "maybe" I am not digging Rhino or Electro....I love the new suit and will add with other Spidey suit but not a lot of choices IMO.

I don't understand why they can't make Doc Ock. They can use whatever they put into those flight stands for his metallic arms. I'd buy a Green Goblin if they made it too.

Days of Future Past??? I enjoy Spidey,like the next person but (for me) the Spidey has three suits so far: red blue, black and starter suit. I am not certain what else they could make? The only villain to hit screen that warranting a figure was Doc Ock. I wasn't huge fan of either Goblin, Sandman, Venom or Lizard. Beyond the new Goblin "maybe" I am not digging Rhino or Electro....I love the new suit and will add with other Spidey suit but not a lot of choices IMO.

There are multiple options. Spider-Man, possible battle-damaged version, Electro, Goblin, Rhino, Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy & even Aleksei.

Whether or not all of them warrant figures is subjective to opinion. People afterall have requested Pepper Potts and imo that doesn't warrant a figure, nor did Coulson or Alfred

There are multiple options. Spider-Man, possible battle-damaged version, Electro, Goblin, Rhino, Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy & even Aleksei.

Whether or not all of them warrant figures is subjective to opinion. People afterall have requested Pepper Potts and imo that doesn't warrant a figure, nor did Coulson or Alfred

Agreed all is subjective, thus I said IMO. Spidey has had one of the worst comic / movie transition of villains of any franchise. Sandman and Ock looked good but Sandman a bore of a character everyone else blah.....while I don't like look of new villains, I am holding out hope the transition well to screen. I'd like a good Spidey villain beyond New Goblin and Sandman base....really, really want Doc Ock.....Rami Spidey is lonely camper.

To be fair, they went back and made a Christopher Reeves Superman.

1. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
2. HT teased it late 2009 with full reveal in March 2011, "Man on Steel Rod" (the movie) wasn't even announced back there
3. HT love to make tributes to dead icons

I've seen a ****load of ''Reeves'' lately. If I was arsed I could have given my Reeve misspelling thread another 2 pages.

Back