Hot Toys 1/6th - Eternals - Thena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To think HT will make the entire team is highly suspect... I do agree that the Guardians of the Galaxy were not on my radar until they hit the MCU and even then it took me a couple of movies to totally warm up to the entire group, so I suppose the same could occur with the Eternals but it seems highly unlikely...

To think HT will make the entire team is highly suspect... I do agree that the Guardians of the Galaxy were not on my radar until they hit the MCU and even then it took me a couple of movies to totally warm up to the entire group, so I suppose the same could occur with the Eternals but it seems highly unlikely...
we all hope so? but the gotg had 1,2 and 3 is coming, the crew is only about 6 and mantis is not even out.....eternals had 10....and admittedly, some of the cast had very diverse facial features....gonna be a major challenge for HT imho

I remember when the estimate for the GotG 1 team was roughly $1K. Now we're looking at roughly $3K for the full Eternals roster. Granted the full team is highly unlikely, but if the sales are there HT will produce. Or HT may produce the top 2-3 and someone like SooSoo or Toys Era will fill in the rest, which in many respects would be even better as it would be both cheaper and faster to market. Speaking of GotG, I've been hoping someone would produce a GotG2 Ayesha, especially now that Adam Warlock has been cast for GotG3. Could be released as a regular and as a deluxe with throne.
GotG_Ayesha.jpeg

HT will see how the movie does and if the entire team makes it out of it alive before the commit to more figures. I think Ikaris will be the other figure we'll see for sure.

Wonder when we are gonna see Thena revealed since the movie is releasing this week for the public.

I think this might be Marvel's Shazam moment!

This movie is apparently a stinker. HT may end up not producing any of them.

I might have to start avoiding all the eternals figures threads until I see the movie....

Its possible but I will wait until its released before I start looking at user reviews. After the last jedi i dont really put much faith in professional reviews.

I did see a story where the eternals was review bombed on imdb even though it hadnt been released yet. I do think the premise for this group is a bit silly even for marvel.

I know very little about the film, but assuming that the cast is all treated equally, and none are presented as any more powerful than the others, I'd think the deciding factor about who Hot Toys would make, would be the actor playing the character and how well their famous face would sell as a high-end action figure. With that criteria, I'd expect Jolie (given), Salma Hayek, Richard Madden, and Kit Harrington.

But because Hot Toys is gonna Hot Toys, I'd also consider Gemma Chan and Don Lee as possibilities

Its possible but I will wait until its released before I start looking at user reviews. After the last jedi i dont really put much faith in professional reviews.

I did see a story where the eternals was review bombed on imdb even though it hadnt been released yet. I do think the premise for this group is a bit silly even for marvel.
The movie would really have to change my mind re getting any figs - Thena maybe.

Star Wars is eating my lunch right now$$$$

Marvel seems to be really hyping this film, but I'm more hyped about Hawkeye and the eventual DS. For me it's too soon to get hit with another team of uber-powered who were out having a smoke break when Thanos showed up.:monkey3

A large factor on how many figures get made is box office performance. Suicide Squad was a pretty good movie, but bombed, so we only got King Shark so far, and probably Harley because its Harley (which I never understood).

Back