Hot Toys 1/6th - Eternals - Thena

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The communist government of China banned eternals. Imagine if they can influence hot toys to not make anything for this movie. I don't think that's the case...

No much demand for this line , so it will be canceled
Are we seeing the mcu suffering from the toxic old fans syndrome that star wars, terminator etc endure? The original mcu fans are probably at that toxic age now where they bash everything new in the franchise. I have been noticing more bashing under all the new mcu movie trailers and threads recently.

Are we seeing the mcu suffering from the toxic old fans syndrome that star wars, terminator etc endure? The original mcu fans are probably at that toxic age now where they bash everything new in the franchise. I have been noticing more bashing under all the new mcu movie trailers and threads recently.
Unfortunately many Fans didn’t like or support phase 4.
So I am guessing that this line won’t see the light, it’s only my personal opinion

Honestly you’ll probably see eternals figures like several yrs down the line from now

It's not about bashing. If it's new and well done, it's welcomed like GOTG. Right now it's mostly mediocre to almost bad and these are characters that don't even have that much fans to begin with. This is an instance where 2 negatives multiplied don't come out as a positive. 😉

It's not about bashing. If it's new and well done, it's welcomed like GOTG. Right now it's mostly mediocre to almost bad and these are characters that don't even have that much fans to begin with. This is an instance where 2 negatives multiplied don't come out as a positive. 😉
This my point actually. Are all the new mcu movies bad? Let's give it a few more releases and see if it's a pattern where the original mcu fans just bash every new movie and characters as being trash. I think we might be at the tipping point where a vocal portion of the original fans will now just bash every single new thing mcu in the theaters.

This my point actually. Are all the new mcu movies bad? Let's give it a few more releases and see if it's a pattern where the original mcu fans just bash every new movie and characters as being trash. I think we might be at the tipping point where a vocal portion of the original fans will now just bash every single new thing mcu in the theaters.
So far for me, it's been meh and that includes Black Widow which is not a new character technically. I didn’t like Captain Marvel and was meh on some of the Infinity Saga releases as well.

Tell me what has been good from SW, Terminator or MCU lately? Think we all agree Mando is awesome. Terminator LOLOLOLOL. MCU blah. They actually made a movie with a character that died in the last movie. Shang was really goofy. Pretty much across the board people agree nothing special from the D+ shows. Eternals was Justice League B Team and no one can convince me otherwise.

I liked the Movie. I was surprised actually by how much I liked the all of the characters given there were so many. Makkari and Druig who barely appear in it stole the show for Me. I hope to see some third party output if Hot Toys doesn't bother. In fact that would be cheaper an quicker, bollocks to Hot Toys.

I absolutely loved the movie! I feel like all characters, despite the fact that they had a lot of them, all had time to shine.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm only collecting women but I absolutely love seeing your pictures on here of other characters so I hope they do a bunch of them!

I'm surprised by some reviews I read saying that many characters such as Dane barely had time. I thought it was the point in all those movies to plant seeds for future apparences. I sometimes feel like we are now in an era when criticizing everything Marvel does (especially the Disney+ shows) is common and encouraged. Not that I mind it. Reviews and reactions never stops me from seeing a flick with an open-mind.
(Trust me I went to the cinema to see Fant4stic and liked it enough to chase a collector's edition for the steelbook)

I hope they won't hold on to their Thena reveal pics for too long ! Really want to see her!

I absolutely loved the movie! I feel like all characters, despite the fact that they had a lot of them, all had time to shine.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm only collecting women but I absolutely love seeing your pictures on here of other characters so I hope they do a bunch of them!

I'm surprised by some reviews I read saying that many characters such as Dane barely had time. I thought it was the point in all those movies to plant seeds for future apparences. I sometimes feel like we are now in an era when criticizing everything Marvel does (especially the Disney+ shows) is common and encouraged. Not that I mind it. Reviews and reactions never stops me from seeing a flick with an open-mind.
(Trust me I went to the cinema to see Fant4stic and liked it enough to chase a collector's edition for the steelbook)

I hope they won't hold on to their Thena reveal pics for too long ! Really want to see her!
Well, that's because most of the D+ shows were exactly that...D+ in terms of quality. They were all very much mediocre to outright terrible.

They're honestly not any different than the quality of majority of the MCU movies though.

Daredevil, Punisher, and Legion are still better than any of the shows Disney put out.

Last edited:
After spending 2 weeks at #1, Eternals drops to #2 in its 3rd week. It will pass Black Widows box office soon.

So much for dropping like a stone as people claimed.

After spending 2 weeks at #1, Eternals drops to #2 in its 3rd week. It will pass Black Widows box office soon.

The quality of the movie def dropped like a stone. It's a stinker! :lol

Pass Black Widow? Not likely, and definitely not soon. I liked Eternals, but it's $19M behind BW's domestic pace after the same # days in release, and Black Widow was released in the summer.

Don't forget BW had a mixed cinema/Disney Plus release, and money via Disney Plus is straight into Disney's pocket (most of which probably went to Scarlet).

It hasn't broken even yet ($200m budget, so including marketing etc needs $400m) and it's box office is going down 65% a week.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so have no opinion on it, but it definitely isn't a box office winner. Not being released in China doesn't help its cause, alas.

Back