Hot Toys 1/6 The Amazing Spiderman Comic version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
missed it...once again a horrible system for being rsvp ...does anyone know when the release date from SS is

It says Jan - March 2024. So should ship pretty quickly.

I already have buyers remorse for this... :rotfl

I think I just Rage bought this, and not a rationally bought purchase.

After being so annoyed again after the Artisan Anakin fiasco, and starting off at 1167 (while my buddy jumped in the que after it started and got placed at 34!), I never thought I'd get in. Then waiting just over an hour of my life I wanted to feel I accomplished something. :yess: Excitement & emotions trumps rational thought...

If I had known before going in today hoping to be lucky enough to snag one that this was gonna be priced at $340 I may have passed and said no way...

I picked it up for someone else but they don't want it at that price as 1/6th is not their go to. Said they would cover NRD if I drop. I may end up keeping for myself if the wife is ok with it.

Yeah I’m happy for those that got it, but had I made it to the front of the line, my sphincter would have clenched at that Iron Man pricing. Def more than I would have wanted to pay.

Same, happy for others, just like any other release, but the material just doesn't work for me especially at that price.

These "exclusive" figures are becoming tiresome though, a figure like this, a comic inspired Spider-Man, should be a regular release, not limited to 2000.

I got 168 in the line for this today on sideshow proper lucky ! checked on another browser and it hit over 2500 really quick

I was here when they paused it which felt like it went on forever lol

Attachments

• Screenshot (178).jpeg
    Screenshot (178).jpeg
    796 KB · Views: 0
These "exclusive" figures are becoming tiresome though, a figure like this, a comic inspired Spider-Man, should be a regular release, not limited to 2000.
Same. I just don’t miss the old SS screens of death. This doesn’t build interest for me at all. Maybe it’s the older age or maybe I just have bought into the retail apocalypse and just want to lay back and click a button and wait. For some, this is exciting and engaging. Maybe that’s a young man’s game, but I really don’t enjoy being jerked around like this. HT & SS could/can find a better way to deepen the relationship with their loyal and consistent consumers. This just has me looking at the front door, honestly. Just my 2cents.

I almost went for this and even had him in my cart, but just couldn't convince myself that this was a better comic representation than the 2018 classic game suit, plus the price was hard to justify. At worst, I'll have some OCD regret in a few years, if HONO ends up making enough stuff to fill out a comic-inspired shelf, since this might've looked good among all those.

I see a lot of people saying they’ll wait for the eventual HONO figure. At $160 (which is actually $130 without the Sideshow up charge), don’t you get what you pay for?

Fair enough. I guess you can look at the price of limited figures such as this Spider-Man with an up charge of expedited production. Haha.

I see a lot of people saying they’ll wait for the eventual HONO figure. At $160 (which is actually $130 without the Sideshow up charge), don’t you get what you pay for?
This doesn't have anything compared to Wolverine to justify it being over twice it's price. Hot Toys priced it that high for two reasons:

1. Limited so they know there's going to be FOMO and people impulse buying it in masses because of it. Had this been a regular released figure, most wouldn't have preordered it the moment it went live.

2. It's Spider-Man

wolverine-sixth-scale-figure-by-hono-studio_marvel_silo.png
spider-man-sixth-scale-figure_marvel_silo.png

Another successful drop on sideshow 😃 (not)
This doesn't have anything compared to Wolverine to justify it being over twice it's price. Hot Toys priced it that high for two reasons:

1. Limited so they know there's going to be FOMO and people impulse buying it in masses because of it. Had this been a regular released figure, most wouldn't have preordered it the moment it went live.

2. It's Spider-Man

wolverine-sixth-scale-figure-by-hono-studio_marvel_silo.png
spider-man-sixth-scale-figure_marvel_silo.png

Admittedly these two will look real good together. 90s comic goodness which is what I grew up on. Jim Lee and McFarlene esque

Back