Hot Toys 1/6 The Amazing Spiderman Comic version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started out at 1073 but managed to snag one. Way cheaper than popcollectibles. Even though there were things I didn't like, I do have a soft spot for comic spidey.

So, I'm in line to waitlist now? I'm assuming the line will move quickly now. I'm at 2,000. Yup, moving down quick.

I just got in maybe 10 min before it waitlisted. At this point not even sure if I want it at $340. No way in hell this is worth that. But after all that I ordered anyway, Was gonna use RP's but chose not to. I've never cancelled before, so this would be my 1st to get the NRD back if I change my mind,

I snagged one but not sure I will keep him. If anybody has an Artisan Anakin preorder they would want to do some trading with… hit me up!

So I wonder how many in total they made of this. SS said 2000, but is that just their allotment? Overseas I believe was said there was 500 available. So is this 2500 total? Or SS had 1500, and overseas 500 with 2000 total world wide?

I bought one at 2,022. $380 after tax and shipping. This is my first time breaking $350 on a Hot Toys. I'm not a huge collector at this scale, but I've been around awhile to have paid around $80 for figures like the first Batman and Vasquez.
Y'know I would've been perfectly happy with a basic release like Wolverine

It's always ambiguous but feel like Sideshow's number means worldwide. There's no way they sold 2,000 of these in 20 min (ignoring that 30 min pause).

Got it. Gave the CAPITALDEAL promo code a shot with no luck. At least Rewards applied to lessen the sting. Plus we gain $16.50 in additional rewards.

Well, the positive of being limited is we only have to wait 3 - maybe 4 months and not a year or so. Hopefully, they can iron out some of the kinks from the initial Hong Kong batch - namely the stitching around the neck and back.

Meanwhile they’re making Wolverine for $160 but hey they can sucker in more people at twice the price because it’s Spider-Man. :lol

That price is stupid. The figure doesn't even look that great.

Got in and said absolutely not.

That price is stupid. The figure doesn't even look that great.

Got in and said absolutely not.
Yeah I’m happy for those that got it, but had I made it to the front of the line, my sphincter would have clenched at that Iron Man pricing. Def more than I would have wanted to pay.

What is crazy to me is they could have easily charged 40 less made this a regular release and made more money, judging by the amount of people balking at the price and the amount of people who wanted this and didn’t get it. Hell I just checked no the classic VG SUIT WAS 265 at release and this doesn’t really have much more than that did, they are just using the limited release to justify the price point.
Personally I like it but not at that price point and not enough to go through the hassle of their que system. Had this been a regular release I might have been tempted to get this

Back