Hot Toys 1/6 Millenium Falcon...yup, you heard right! LOL!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what they doing... they doing that same thing that model company is by splitting up the parts for individual buy to build the Falcon in 1/6.

I have no idea what Hot Toys is doing here.

Disney told them to make it, so they complied.

Further proof Howard Chan is just a braggart who likes to show off and rub it in all of your faces.

I doubt it has anything to do with a demand from Disney, although I wouldn't be shocked if additional ones were made to hang in the parks near SW attractions especially if the rumor of the Star Wars redesign of Hollywood Studios comes to pass. I think it's simple promotion, it gets people talking, they'll come over to see it and then check out other HT stuff and then buy it. You gotta remember that while we're all crazy for this stuff we are a niche of geekdom. I'm still surprised how many people "discover" Sideshow and Hot Toys every year even though they've been pretty visible for a while now.

I do completely believe that once the promotional tour is over that Howard will keep this in his house. :lol

All that time, work and energy put into glorified prop marquees that could be better used to improve figures with better likenesses, more details, different characters from other lines, or plastic that won't discolor and rubber that won't rot.

Damn right!

Thanks, man! This is highly appreciated ...

No problem dude, having had the privilege to seen a lot of what HT had on the drawing board to possibly produce, it was figures and a small vehicles. So they kind of threw me for a loop when they started showing up at comic con with the TIE. But now it makes sense, since they are for display purposes. They will be used to sell their merchandise and gauge interest for smaller versions. But I am pretty sure the Falcon cockpit is a go to become a production piece, and it may lead to a interior Falcon training environment, so don't be surprised if you see that area heavily detailed when this thing shows up for pics. HT can always and has the ability to produce something like the TIE but it would be a logistical nightmare for long term structural stability, which would make it really really expensive, so if it did make it to production I would guess it would be at least 2K...at least. As for the Falcon, it will never see production... The current one they have is just a scaled up version of the 32" ESB model, you can tell by the back details. But it will be VERY impressive to see pics. And I expect we will get another environment out of it. My info comes from Disney and can always change after I get it but so far it has been pretty good.

You mean the same way they did with the 1:1 Thor for the aou show or the 1:1 hulk buster they did for the toy soul show?

The announcement actually said its for a show..

From Facebook

On July 24 – 28, Hot Toys will once again be participating in Ani-Com and Games Hong Kong (ACGHK), the biggest pop-culture event in Hong Kong!

This year Hot Toys is partnering up with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) to bring the biggest Star Wars presence in the event where a number of Star Wars collectibles by Hot Toys and life-size exhibits will be on display! Starting today we will give fans some sneak peek of what to expect at ACGHK!

Recently Hot Toys has showcased an impressive 1/6th scale Millennium Falcon cockpit at San Diego Comic-Con which has already fascinated many Star Wars fans! But we are not stopping there yet, as a complete and highly detail 1/6th scale Millennium Falcon measuring close to 18 feet (5.5 meters) long by 12 feet (3.7 meters) wide will actually be making an appearance at ACGHK! Its sheer astonishing presence will surely captured any fans’ attention!

If you want to see this spectacular exhibit in person, then you have to come to Hot Toys’ booth (E15-16) at ACGHK in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre this week!

I doubt it has anything to do with a demand from Disney, although I wouldn't be shocked if additional ones were made to hang in the parks near SW attractions especially if the rumor of the Star Wars redesign of Hollywood Studios comes to pass. I think it's simple promotion, it gets people talking, they'll come over to see it and then check out other HT stuff and then buy it. You gotta remember that while we're all crazy for this stuff we are a niche of geekdom. I'm still surprised how many people "discover" Sideshow and Hot Toys every year even though they've been pretty visible for a while now.

I do completely believe that once the promotional tour is over that Howard will keep this in his house. :lol

I am assuming Disney told them to if they are partners on this, might even of had help making it.

A 1:6 Millennium Falcon. You can't have it. :nana:

But.... I don't want one. Even if it was for sale, I would not buy it.

I am assuming Disney told them to if they are partners on this, might even of had help making it.

Nah. I'm sure it went like:

HT Rep: "Hey we want to make a 1:6 scale Millennium Falcon to display with our figures to take to conventions"
Disney Licensing Rep: "Hey as along as you pay the fees IDGAF"

:lol

I dunno I'm with difabio on this one. If only they spent the time on giving us improvements in figures as well as figures from licenses we all want to see then I'd be happy. I mean yes most of us are aware of what ht can do. So why all this sudden push for large scale replicas that will never see the light of day? Its like HT has become a pet project for someone who is more interested in showing off then producing what the fans actually want.

:thud::thud::thud::horror:horror:horror:thud::thud::thud:

I literally can't even compute what i'm reading right now! I can't figure if this is pure insanity or pure genius.

I can't figure if this is pure insanity or pure genius.

tumblr_mx3vdpmMHx1shcqoxo1_500.gif

What is interesting is what this says for smaller more logical 1:6 vehicles. Landspeeders? For sure a Scout bike, maybe Snowspeeders?

I dunno I'm with difabio on this one. If only they spent the time on giving us improvements in figures as well as figures from licenses we all want to see then I'd be happy. I mean yes most of us are aware of what ht can do. So why all this sudden push for large scale replicas that will never see the light of day? Its like HT has become a pet project for someone who is more interested in showing off then producing what the fans actually want.

It's just a way to stick out and get people to come over and look at product... what booth are you more like to spend time looking at, the one with a lot of great figures and statues, or the one with a lot of great figures, statues and a 1:1 Hulkbuster or 18ft Millennium Falcon? As a 1/6 collector they don't need to draw me in, but I'm sure those giant pieces get people to come first to see the freak of nature item, take a few pictures and then later buy a few smaller items they can take home.

Wow Howard Chan is going to have the greatest collection of us all. I mean If I had a succesful 1/6 figure company, I have them make me all types of one of kind things for my collection as well.

Wow Howard Chan is going to have the greatest collection of us all. I mean If I had a succesful 1/6 figure company, I have them make me all types of one of kind things for my collection as well.

Yeah but u gotta share those things with the general public also or its just like watching someone playing with his toy....no pun intended.

People have short memory's. This isn't new. They have been doing this since they started doing conventions. From 1:1 stuff to scaled down but still large items. Have you been to a show? Every company does it. From Lego having a 1:1 hulk to hot toys hulkbuster to GG 1:1 Jabba and space bridge to tron cycle and AT-AT at a shopping mall. This isn't new. It's not even uncommon.

People have short memory's. This isn't new. They have been doing this since they started doing conventions. From 1:1 stuff to scaled down but still large items. Have you been to a show? Every company does it. From Lego having a 1:1 hulk to hot toys hulkbuster to GG 1:1 Jabba and space bridge to tron cycle and AT-AT at a shopping mall. This isn't new. It's not even uncommon.

It's called a POP, or point of purchase.

The difference is, you're not really supposed to announce and advertise that you're making them, the item or structure IS the advertisement. Hot Toys is being silly, advertising these on their facebook. Even though it should be common sense that these aren't going into production, I can see why it would confuse people that are new to the hobby. They should just let the response happen naturally once people attend the show, not, "OH LOOK, HERE'S OUR 1/6 MILLENIUM FALCON! durrrrr". They never advertised their dioramas before until their damn Avengers Exhibition shows. It's sort of obnoxious.

We get it Hot Toys, you have the Star Wars figure license! You're the biggest and best 1/6 company that is under Disney's thumb. We get it!

Last edited:
They did advertise them before. Stgcc and ani con have sent info out for five to ten years with blurbs about what will be on display. From back to iron man 2 time frame.

The information just travels more these days.

Advertising these items to bring people to the show isn't new either. Pretty standard for long time. And not just hot toys. And not just toy shows.

The POP argument makes no sense to me. And they advertise to bring people to the show, to see the products, that then get talked about more. It's no different then a movie trailer. Or a commercial. Or a list of guests, or autograph signers.

Never to this extent where they would go out of their way to create photoshopped teasers like they would an actual product for sale. Before it would be behind the scenes pictures of their employees hard at work dismantling boxes and constructing the pieces. The Avengers and TDKR dioramas come to mind. I much preferred those.

Then again, what they're doing is obviously working. I've seen multiple movie news sites report on this Falcon. Places I've never even seen report on toys before. They're being fooled thinking it will be an eventual product too. It's certainly giving them (Hot Toys) publicity they never had before which is obviously the intent.

Yeah, I imagine news of a 1/6 Falcon could be enough to convince some fence-sitters to go ahead and go to a show.

Back