Hot Toys 1/6 Millenium Falcon...yup, you heard right! LOL!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, 18 feet long. And here I thought the original Enterprise model was huge at 11 feet.

Honestly even if I had the money and the space for something like this, it would still feel excessive to me. I'd love to have a studio-scale 5 foot model, but 18 would just be too much.

Maybe to promote smaller sections.

1) The cockpit

2) The lounge

falcon-int6.jpg

1024px-Falcon-lounge.png

That's a possibility... although I wonder how they would display it at the show that were the case? With the hold in the center of the ship it'd be hard to see from the outer edges of the ship.

I was thinking they would do 1/12 vehicles from this line down the road. Just downscale the Tiefighter and Falcon that they have now.

Even at 1/12 this would still be a behemoth, the 1/43 from DeAgostini is 3 1/2 feet long :lol But it's more reasonable than 1/6 :lol

I just noticed the size that they listed for this. ****en insane.

1/6th scale Millennium Falcon measuring close to 18 feet long by 12 feet wide. :lol

It's as long as a car and wider than a truck.

Took the measurements in my house just to see how it'd look and it'd take up the majority of my family room :lol

[...]The gunnery chairs are do-able, but a bit dull. [...]

To each their own, I think that'd be really cool, actually. So long as they included the quad cannons.

Took the measurements in my house just to see how it'd look and it'd take up the majority of my family room :lol

Biggest room in my house is 30' X 14'. A little tight for an 18' X 12' ship. Guess I'll have to pass. :lol

This will be a nice display piece for their store. But doubt it will be for sale to the general public

If they cannot do "the Bat" in 1:6th fore retail, I don't think they could do this.

A 1:6 snow speeder would be more realistic

I wonder if they've developed a smaller scale (like the BAT), and this will be an scaled-up printing?

Seems odd they'd go to this much trouble just for a display piece, but if the R&D was already put into a smaller version it would make sense. Maybe we'll get lucky and this will be a regular guest at big shows like SDCC and Celebrations. I'd love to see this in person.
There is still a huge question if they can even sell 1/12 vehicles. They announced a 1/6 and 1/4 license. I would guess 1/12 would fall back to model companies and EFX.

So cool that HT built one of these. Like someone else mentioned, how awesome would it be to show up to work everyday and get paid to build something like this?!!!

I guess this also means we'll certainly be seeing a 1/6 x-wing - no way they do a TIE fighter and MF without doing an x-wing.

If they make these for sale it would be amazing, not that I could afford it.......but just in case I win the lottery

If they make these for sale it would be amazing, not that I could afford it.......but just in case I win the lottery

I dont see a chance at all of this being for sale. Price, size, everything, its just not possible. A cool display piece for conventions and shows but no more.

There is still a huge question if they can even sell 1/12 vehicles. They announced a 1/6 and 1/4 license. I would guess 1/12 would fall back to model companies and EFX.

That's a good point... a lot would depend on what license they have or are negotiating.

Aside from the Falcon (even in 1/12 scale) being a ridiculous size and unlikely to be released, the nature of the ship would leave a lot of empty space which would either have to be filled with imagined items or just left empty. I just can reasonably see anything like that ever being sold at that kind of scale.

With the DeAgostini falcon they've added quite a bit to the interior and the rest will be held together with a metal frame. On a 1/12 or 1/6 you'd probably need steel girders to keep it all together and not loose shape over time :lol

They should waterproof it and include some tools to bolt it down. That way you could set that mother down on your roof. :lol

Somehow I have my doubts this will go into production. I think HT are just showing off what they can do. I mean they'd be stupid to make something like this. At 18 foot wide it would be too large for most people to display in their rooms or at least take a significant chunk of space to display it. Added to that I can only imagine the price if it did go into production. I would say about $3,000 - $4,000 which is well out of the ordinary collectors budget. Also can you imagine the shipping and insurance costs or things like returns etc. All in all it would look great and cudos to them for trying but from a practical point of view its not very clever.

Back