Hot Toys 1/6 Marvel's Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really want this one. Hopefully can still pre-order next Friday.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Mezco sells their SDCC exclusives online. Neca sells their SDCC exclusives online. Almost everyone sells them online, that doesn't mean they're not SDCC exclusives anymore because of that. Shanghai will probably get their own exclusive that they sell in person.

SS only charges tax in California as far as I know. They will almost certainly start doing it sometime this year because of all those laws going into affect. I wonder how it'll affect future preorder type purchases.

Hot toys hasnt done an SDCC exclusive in years, they specifically call them Toyfair exclusive because they arent exclusive to any one show...

Thinks this one goes fast. How fast? We'll see.

It might, might not, most HT's collectors are movie collectors, we dont know how receptive these game suits are yet, really quite a toss up. This one is the best of the three though

It might, might not, most HT's collectors are movie collectors, we dont know how receptive these game suits are yet, really quite a toss up. This one is the best of the three though
All i know is Scarlet is a pretty popular suit and has been for years. And they're finally getting made. Be interesting if they did a Raimi 2.0.

Mezco sells their SDCC exclusives online. Neca sells their SDCC exclusives online. Almost everyone sells them online, that doesn't mean they're not SDCC exclusives anymore because of that. Shanghai will probably get their own exclusive that they sell in person.

I didn’t say selling items on the website doesn’t make it a SDCC exclusive. I said HT doesn’t do SDCC exclusives. They don’t advertise anything as a SDCC exclusive. Whatever they might make available there is also available throughout the world in every market their products are sold. Sideshow offers for solicitation as many or more of every HT figure it has brought to SDCC. So again, if you’re selling more of an item online than at a convention, it’s hardly exclusive to that convention. It’s just available there first. But that’s a matter of semantics.

The difference with your examples of Mezco and Neca are that they advertise their products as SDCC exclusives and market them as such. HT does not.

All i know is Scarlet is a pretty popular suit and has been for years. And they're finally getting made. Be interesting if they did a Raimi 2.0.

Yes very true, I think a 2099 suit would be huge too. or the classic, cause thats the closest to a comic suit as you can get

That seems high for this. I figure it would be more in line in price with the spider-punk suit. I'd hate to see what the classic suit will cost.

$251 was a little higher than I thought. Honestly I thought it’d be around $220 but given the accessories and the specialized suit, I have no issue with it. Ordered.

That's the same price as the Advanced Suit, so maybe (depending on accessories) that's what we can expect for future Video Game Spideys as well.

Okay...so I just went through the order page on SS (but didn't pull the trigger) and looks like as of now there's no tax for NJ...although with $20 shipping, that's essentially the tax right there. :slap

Okay...so I just went through the order page on SS (but didn't pull the trigger) and looks like as of now there's no tax for NJ...although with $20 shipping, that's essentially the tax right there. :slap

you think thats bad? we have a terrible dollar, plus get nailed with customs and tax, $251 Usd works out to like $410 Cad

you think thats bad? we have a terrible dollar, plus get nailed with customs and tax, $251 Usd works out to like $410 Cad

Haha well I mean comparatively speaking, yeah that's not so bad then! Thanks for the new perspective...but still... :panic:

I passed on the Advanced suit from the game. I wanted it at first, but seeing the material in reviews, I didn't want a museum posed Spider-man.

Seeing this though, wow! The material looks great for posing! I noticed by comparing photos that this suit seems to bunch up far less in similar poses to the advanced suit, and looks much more flexible! Plus with the soft goods hoodie, that will help protect it from damage that could be done to the suit by using the clamp part of the stand.

So, in the end, preordered as soon as I saw it go up. I don't know much about Ben Reilly, but this figure looks too great to pass up!

When does SS take the deposit i haven’t had it taken yet? Been forever since i ordered from SS.

I only wanted to get the movie figures and was fighting the urge to get this one. But I had to give in and put a preorder in. I had a $25 code and this is my favorite Spiderman suit.

I ordered this as soon as I saw. With my advance suit ordered though bbts it looks like I might be getting this first. I can’t believe the quick turn around. Here’s hoping it’s closer to July than September.

Back