Hot Toys 1:6 Justice League Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argh... Completionist...
Please complete your Justice league set...tqvm.. hahahaha....

Just joking..
Everyone has their own view in this. I am just planning to complete the justice league set. Still thinking if I need to get another trinity from the movie or use my BvS set to complete them....
Once the league is done, I do not see myself buying any figure in the near future after that.

:horror no interest in Aquaman, Flash or Cyborg?

Nope, not at the moment at least.

To be honest, I'm kind of whittling down my collection of stuff from these "new films" so to speak, whether it be MCU or DCEU. I enjoy most of the films of course, but I'm kind of starting to focus on collecting stuff from the classics (Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Back to the Future, Star Trek, James Bond, etc). I only have one Reeve Superman obviously, so I don't need an army of Cavill Supermans (even though Supes is my favorite superhero). I only have one West, one Keaton and one Bale Batman representation, so I don't need an army of Batflecks.

I have too much MCU stuff that is taking up space, and is essentially just duplicates of characters and/or characters I don't really have any emotional attachment to and could use the space for something else. As far as the DCEU goes, I think I'm good for now with my BvS Trinity display, as those three characters are really the big three of the DCEU.

I don't have any emotional attachment to the characters you enumerated, so I'd merely be getting them for completionist purposes. If I do get them at all, it'd probably be from their respective solo films.

I feel much the same as you SilverStar. So far the only must have for me in a DCEU is Wonder Woman (just not sure which one). Depending on how good Justice League is I might tempted into a DCEU trinity, but BvS didn't tempt me into getting DCEU Superman or Batman even though they do look cool. I have a Christopher Reeve Superman, still one of my all time favorite figures. I also have a West and Keaton Batman (I don't know how I missed Bale); but that's all I need unless I want a DCEU trinity after seeing Justice League. I don't really care that much about Flash Aquaman or Green Lantern (if the rumors are true about him showing up) to want these, and I don't have much interest in Cyborg at all. Of course, I would have never wanted a Hawkeye or Black Widow from Marvel until they showed up in the movies, so maybe the movies can win me over. Who knows? But, BvS didn't win me over to Batman or Superman DCEU figures, so Justice League and future films are going to have trend toward the quality of Wonder Woman rather than BvS in order to even have a chance of inciting me toward wanting to collect some of these other characters. I am going to have to really like them in the movies to want them because right now I am not even on the fence about them, just not interested really at all right now.

I feel much the same as you SilverStar. So far the only must have for me in a DCEU is Wonder Woman (just not sure which one). Depending on how good Justice League is I might tempted into a DCEU trinity, but BvS didn't tempt me into getting DCEU Superman or Batman even though they do look cool. I have a Christopher Reeve Superman, still one of my all time favorite figures. I also have a West and Keaton Batman (I don't know how I missed Bale); but that's all I need unless I want a DCEU trinity after seeing Justice League. I don't really care that much about Flash Aquaman or Green Lantern (if the rumors are true about him showing up) to want these, and I don't have much interest in Cyborg at all. Of course, I would have never wanted a Hawkeye or Black Widow from Marvel until they showed up in the movies, so maybe the movies can win me over. Who knows? But, BvS didn't win me over to Batman or Superman DCEU figures, so Justice League and future films are going to have trend toward the quality of Wonder Woman rather than BvS in order to even have a chance of inciting me toward wanting to collect some of these other characters. I am going to have to really like them in the movies to want them because right now I am not even on the fence about them, just not interested really at all right now.

:exactly:

As far as JL goes, I think the most I would probably do is get a JL WW sculpt for my BvS WW if the sculpt (which I presume it likely will) is a better portrait of Gal Gadot, and then get a JL Superman body and then put the BvS sculpt on that body, as the detail in the suit in the JL Superman body looks like it'd be a more accurate representation even for a BvS Superman.

I have one Hawkeye and three BWs from the MCU, but I'm contemplating just going down to one BW; both her and Hawkeye simply completing an AoU Avengers display and that's all for those two.

As jal mentioned in the BW Ghostbusters thread, you kind of are reluctant to pick up any of the characters from these new films, knowing that literally next year they're going to release a new and improved version that will likely render your version obsolete. At least with characters like the BW Ghostbusters, Qmx Star Trek figures, OT Star Wars figures, etc from films of the past, you know that's the last of the character(s) you're going to get for quite awhile.

Time to PO gents.....
0d393edc02df98a70dd5adbae2517360.jpg
64a4d1f13ce2d37ea355babbc95c6522.jpg
95d6c9d326c098f5ad27911a0a968170.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

...As jal mentioned in the BW Ghostbusters thread, you kind of are reluctant to pick up any of the characters from these new films, knowing that literally next year they're going to release a new and improved version that will likely render your version obsolete. At least with characters like the BW Ghostbusters, Qmx Star Trek figures, OT Star Wars figures, etc from films of the past, you know that's the last of the character(s) you're going to get for quite awhile.
:goodpost:

That's one reason why I try not to let the "latest" or the "greatest" influence my decision making too much. My figures represent to me a way to embrace meaningful characters and movies in my life. I collect Star Wars figures, and primarily stick to OT figures because that was MY Star Wars, and my Indiana Jones figure taps into the same nostalgia. I have the classic QMX Kirk and Spock for the same reason, And Reeve Superman will always be Superman to me and will always be the most iconic, and West Batman is part of my childhood, and Keaton Batman marked a 'coming of age' for the character, for the superhero movie genre, and myself. This isn't just personal nostalgia but part of a larger cultural shared history. Perhaps 'museum poses' aren't such a bad thing ;) . The MCU represents my Star Wars of today as characters I loved in the comics growing up has lead to 16 (and growing) interlocking movies that have made movie history. You don't even have to think the Marvel movies are the best movies ever to acknowledge that, but if you are a fan these movies will likely stay meaningful to you for a long time after they are history. Even if the future of the MCU eventually begins to go south, overall, they have already secured a legacy based on what has been already done. So my MCU figures don't need to be the latest and greatest now either, I feel my collection has captured the good of these interlocking franchises regardless of what happens next.

To me, things are still up in the air with DCEU. And I am not here to start a MCU vs DCEU argument, but I am talking about my own perspective which doesn't speak for everyone but I do think is shared by many. Superman and BvS were big disappointments to me, even though I thought they were visually spectacular. I am not going to enter into an argument as to why I felt that way and go down that road of debate, but I felt what felt. However, Wonder Woman changed everything for me, and revived my interested in the DCEU to give it another chance. Wonder Woman to me was just as cinematically and culturally relevant as the Reeve Superman movie was in its day. This is why a Wonder Woman figure is a no brainier for my collection. At the very least she will look great with my Reeve and Keaton figures as DC movie, and superhero movies in general, milestones. But Wonder Woman also led me to revisit Man of Steel, BvS, and Suicide Squad with an eye on looking toward Justice League. I still think there are major flaws in MoS and BvS, particularly in terms of characterization, but I can appreciate that they have some good moments and could be setting up better days ahead. As for Suicide Squad, and I have only seen the extended cut, I thought it was okay and enjoyed it for what it was; but not enough to feel I need any figures from the movie. (I don't have a history of interest in those particular characters but can see if you did why you would want figures). So now Justice League is cued up and I am cautiously optimistic after Wonder Woman, and perhaps after a little tweaking by Joss Whedon, that I might actually like it. We will see. I hope so. If I enjoy the movie, if it feels like it strikes a similar chord as an historic moment in the genre that Avengers had, I could see myself at least investing in a DCUU trinity. As for the other characters? Well, they are going to have to be portrayed well enough that I would get excited about possible solo movies. There has to be some hope for a little bit of longevity and legacy; but then again, if that happens I can also just wait for it to actually happen. To wait and see what a solo Aquaman movie will be like, or flash, or whoever. The point is that it is still up in the air, for me anyway, how much of a mark and legacy the DCEU will have and I am more than okay to let it play out some more before I decide if I want to memorialize any part of these films on my shelves.

qrkn6o.jpg

This looks fantastic. Not a lot of accessories but don't know what else they could include. I will have it customized with real hair and beard and get a spare all sculpted head when the knockoffs show up.

:goodpost:

That's one reason why I try not to let the "latest" or the "greatest" influence my decision making too much. My figures represent to me a way to embrace meaningful characters and movies in my life. I collect Star Wars figures, and primarily stick to OT figures because that was MY Star Wars, and my Indiana Jones figure taps into the same nostalgia. I have the classic QMX Kirk and Spock for the same reason, And Reeve Superman will always be Superman to me and will always be the most iconic, and West Batman is part of my childhood, and Keaton Batman marked a 'coming of age' for the character, for the superhero movie genre, and myself. This isn't just personal nostalgia but part of a larger cultural shared history. Perhaps 'museum poses' aren't such a bad thing ;) . The MCU represents my Star Wars of today as characters I loved in the comics growing up has lead to 16 (and growing) interlocking movies that have made movie history. You don't even have to think the Marvel movies are the best movies ever to acknowledge that, but if you are a fan these movies will likely stay meaningful to you for a long time after they are history. Even if the future of the MCU eventually begins to go south, overall, they have already secured a legacy based on what has been already done. So my MCU figures don't need to be the latest and greatest now either, I feel my collection has captured the good of these interlocking franchises regardless of what happens next.

To me, things are still up in the air with DCEU. And I am not here to start a MCU vs DCEU argument, but I am talking about my own perspective which doesn't speak for everyone but I do think is shared by many. Superman and BvS were big disappointments to me, even though I thought they were visually spectacular. I am not going to enter into an argument as to why I felt that way and go down that road of debate, but I felt what felt. However, Wonder Woman changed everything for me, and revived my interested in the DCEU to give it another chance. Wonder Woman to me was just as cinematically and culturally relevant as the Reeve Superman movie was in its day. This is why a Wonder Woman figure is a no brainier for my collection. At the very least she will look great with my Reeve and Keaton figures as DC movie, and superhero movies in general, milestones. But Wonder Woman also led me to revisit Man of Steel, BvS, and Suicide Squad with an eye on looking toward Justice League. I still think there are major flaws in MoS and BvS, particularly in terms of characterization, but I can appreciate that they have some good moments and could be setting up better days ahead. As for Suicide Squad, and I have only seen the extended cut, I thought it was okay and enjoyed it for what it was; but not enough to feel I need any figures from the movie. (I don't have a history of interest in those particular characters but can see if you did why you would want figures). So now Justice League is cued up and I am cautiously optimistic after Wonder Woman, and perhaps after a little tweaking by Joss Whedon, that I might actually like it. We will see. I hope so. If I enjoy the movie, if it feels like it strikes a similar chord as an historic moment in the genre that Avengers had, I could see myself at least investing in a DCUU trinity. As for the other characters? Well, they are going to have to be portrayed well enough that I would get excited about possible solo movies. There has to be some hope for a little bit of longevity and legacy; but then again, if that happens I can also just wait for it to actually happen. To wait and see what a solo Aquaman movie will be like, or flash, or whoever. The point is that it is still up in the air, for me anyway, how much of a mark and legacy the DCEU will have and I am more than okay to let it play out some more before I decide if I want to memorialize any part of these films on my shelves.

giphy.gif

I hope flash can have enough articulation to do a running pose/ I hope he comes with electric effects to put on arms and legs/ I hope superman comes with laser eyes/ and I hope Batman’s capes are descent. I actually do like my bvs batman cape especially when I trimmed it.

Makes more sense that Aquaman was shown because he looked to be the most complete in all of the shows Hot Toys were at before this. Although, all the previews of Fatman suit from BvS I'm hoping there'll be lots of improvements with everything.

Mafex cyborg is awesome.. HT again, need to top this... :)
5fe0c334f1812f29f194dbc0985c0d4a.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back