1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin's review is up. Little disappointed that the stand doesn't light up.

Interesting that the ball joint sockets for the arms are rubber. I'm guessing that's to facilitate swapping them out for the pod mode & to prevent breaking, as plastic ones might get somewhat brittle over time. I'm not planning on using the pod mode, so not an issue for me.

Interesting that the ball joint sockets for the arms are rubber. I'm guessing that's to facilitate swapping them out for the pod mode & to prevent breaking, as plastic ones might get somewhat brittle over time. I'm not planning on using the pod mode, so not an issue for me.

Yeah, I assumed that too. Don't see why they used those rubber pieces on the traps to hold the missile pod pieces though. They seem to be getting damaged and loose already on Justin's. Should have just used plastic or magnets IMO.

Yeah, I assumed that too. Don't see why they used those rubber pieces on the traps to hold the missile pod pieces though. They seem to be getting damaged and loose already on Justin's. Should have just used plastic or magnets IMO.

Agreed. Well, at least now we know to pay close attention when dealing with those to avoid the same issue on ours.

The figure looks great in that video. I bought a Chitauri base that came with the previous Mark VII over a year ago in anticipation of this figure. See how that looks. Otherwise, free standing or use this street base.

With the shoulder joints being rubber is it possible the paint fades like the waist piece did on the original mark 7?

Yeah if they had to build in an alternate mode, I would have much rather it be from the IM3 scene where it opens up from the back. As I thought it actually looked pretty cool that way.

IMG_20191029_072806.jpg
IMG_20191029_072450.jpg

my mods are crude actually but I'm a serial museum poser so it doesn't bother me but if want the full range of movement on shoulders, i wouldn't recommend :/ it involves cutting and gluing

it looks amazing! do you shorten the pegs and glue them?

No it's not. Literally all you have to do is look up pictures of the Mark VII and Mark IX and compare them with this picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, its def. the Mark VII. It also fits the story, considering it was the VII he was wearing when he fell through the wormhole. I'm assuming he was wearing it in IM3 to help him get over his PTSD after the Avengers NYC battle. Or however you want to look at it, psychologically.

Yeah, its def. the Mark VII. It also fits the story, considering it was the VII he was wearing when he fell through the wormhole. I'm assuming he was wearing it in IM3 to help him get over his PTSD after the Avengers NYC battle. Or however you want to look at it, psychologically.

Yep, no question it’s the Mk. VII and that scene was the reason why HT’s was showing off the prototype “opened armor” Mk. VII at a ton of cons years back and SSC only just removed it from their coming soon page this year.

Regarding the color, In my opinion it matches the appearance in IM3 better than Avengers 1. Not only does the helmet change in some scenes in Avengers 1 but the color and the gloss does as well. There really isn’t any 1 representation (figure, statue, bust, life size, etc) that can “accurately” look like all the changes in Avengers 1.

I thought he was referring to the entire paintjob.

I think the lighter satin finish looks alot better though. I'm just sad that the previous diecast Marks don't have the same finish. Out of the original seven, I think the Mk. V is the only one that looks good with that glossy cherry red. That's just me though.

Yep, no question it’s the Mk. VII and that scene was the reason why HT’s was showing off the prototype “opened armor” Mk. VII at a ton of cons years back and SSC only just removed it from their coming soon page this year.

Regarding the color, In my opinion it matches the appearance in IM3 better than Avengers 1. Not only does the helmet change in some scenes in Avengers 1 but the color and the gloss does as well. There really isn’t any 1 representation (figure, statue, bust, life size, etc) that can “accurately” look like all the changes in Avengers 1.

Wow, I was wondering if they would eventually revisit that open-armor VII, especially now that they have the updated parts and proportions from this recent diecast release. I guess we will never see it then.

Back