1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the Hall of Armor I find the height discrepancies to be a bit minimized because they are spread out a bit in a half circle shape. It's a bit of a mind trick. But definitely a shame they weren't scaled uniformly from start to finish.

I've got the poses varied up enough on my diecasts that the height differences don't seem that noticeable, but for those who keep them in rigid standing poses next to each other it probably would be more of a problem. .

The Mk I next to the VII is hilarious. How pissed would people be if the diecast Mk I was just as short?

Comparison video is up by Justin. Lol the heights are all over the place, sadly.

I'm assuming he will make another one later comparing it against all the other diecast Marks.

Mk 5 taller than Mk 7 :lol

Thanks, Justin -- this is exactly what I wanted to see.

Curious still how the 7 sizes up to Mk 45, 46, etc

Last edited:
I have the Mark 4 on the gantry, and it's flanked by the Marks 5, 6, 45 and 46. All of these have different bases of varying styles & heights, so the height variation between the figures themselves is a non-issue for me. I'll be adding the Marks 7 & 43 to the same shelf, and I think the only bases that are identical in height will be those for the 5 & 7.

Personally I find the height variation a little aggravating but I have a very small collection -- which doesn't include the short Mk 2 or 3 or the too-tall Mk 5 -- so I guess I shouldn't complain. But I hate when HT makes no apparent effort to keep heights correct. Reminds me of the Pirates line.

I do like the fact that the 6 is a little shorter than the 7, not sure if that's actually accurate but it does add to the 7's tank-like appearance.

Anyway, hoping the tallest of the bunch is the Mk 1.

Still wonder where the 45, and ultimately the 85, ends up scale-wise with this monster 7.

There should be comparisons out there between the 45 and 5, so that would give you an indication. I'd put mine side-by-side and tell you, but I don't want to deal with reposing them. :lol My guess is that the 85 will be similar to the 50.

Best to order it and see for yourself.

:D

Touche...

I love these kinds of charts...

yv5d1zmbywy21.jpg

Screenshot_20170710-184950.jpg

Anyway, hoping the tallest of the bunch is the Mk 1.

Don't count on it, more likely HT doubles down on their current scale. Which begs the question, do I really need the diecast? The 2.0 is a terrific figure so long as you leave the mask down. Also if they make the diecast any wider it's not going to fit in the HOA. I should sell 2.0 now as it fetches a high price, but not sure I want to wait 3 years to get it back.

It seems like HT has settled on the new scale. Gives them the excuse to redo the Mk 2 and Mk 3... which they love.

My original plan was this, but scale mismatch killed it...

size kills original plan 10-30-19.jpg

With the release of the Mark 7, do we expect the 6 other original diecast suits to go up? If that's the case then Mark V may be on the same level as 47 or even higher lol

I'd imagine there will be a lot more people wanting to complete the HoA lineup.

Touche...

I love these kinds of charts...

View attachment 469663

View attachment 469664

I love these kind of charts too! I wonder if they sell this somewhere poster size? If not I think I"ll just make my own. I would add in the Concept Mark 46 and battle damaged Mark 85
I'm only missing a couple of suits minus the Mark VII and Mark I and Mark 43 rerelease.

Back