1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2 red panels on either side of the rib cage next to the chest piece did come off on the plastic Mk VII's as well. They expose the gold sections underneath where the extra set of thrusters are. They were engaged in the movie when he was pushing the nuke up to alter it's course towards the wormhole.

So much loose junk on Iron Man.

Is this figure going to go the way of the 50: everyone's favorite today, no one likes it tomorrow?

You wrong...the 50 was never my fav...that unsightly thigh gap...that blatant abdomen cut...ugh!!!

You wrong...the 50 was never my fav...that unsightly thigh gap...that blatant abdomen cut...ugh!!!

The mark 7 imo will now and always be one of those Hot Toys that is considered amazing. The 50 was always hit and miss with most. I?m actually likely going to get rid of mine

Have to agree. Got my Mk 50 pretty early on and from the start always felt like it is one of the weaker IM figures. A lot of reviewers got caught up in the hype and were proclaiming it their new favorite figure in their whole collection. I actually think it is almost like a lesser version of the Mk 45 after having them sat next to each other in my detolf for a while now. And I still cannot figure out why the thigh/waist area was not done better.

But man. This Mk 7 is one of the best figures of any kind they have ever done. Reminds me a lot of when I got my Mk 1 War Machine or DX11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 50 didn’t translate well at all as a figure. The organic and streamline look is terrible for HT engineering efforts. Glad I skipped but it’s an important MK so people will buy just for that.

I think the 50 will not age well. I was always so-so on it. Hot Toys probably over produced the figure so I can see this going for real cheap in the future.

The mark 7 imo will now and always be one of those Hot Toys that is considered amazing. The 50 was always hit and miss with most. I?m actually likely going to get rid of mine

Smart man! :clap

I think the 50 will not age well. I was always so-so on it. Hot Toys probably over produced the figure so I can see this going for real cheap in the future.

I'll only ever get the Mk 50 for $50. :lol

Man, the hype for the 50 just died. :lol

I never liked that CGI suit much, in the movie nor as a figure. But I am a big fan of the 45... so there ya go.

Fortunately, there is literally an Iron Man for everyone.

I don't understand the hate for the 50; IMO its amazing and I will always enjoy mine. Right now, It's posed next to the 7.

Against my own expectations, however, the 7 is my favorite armor to date and a quintessential figure in my collection

Man, the hype for the 50 just died. :lol

I never liked that CGI suit much, in the movie nor as a figure. But I am a big fan of the 45... so there ya go.

Fortunately, there is literally an Iron Man for everyone.

I could see HT revisiting the Mk 50 down the road and coming up with a redesign to minimize those thigh gaps. That's really the one prevailing complaint about that armor. Maybe they'll do a 1/4 scale version...

I really don't notice the gaps anymore than any of the others, might just be how it's posed i guess.

But this thread is not about the 50 it's about the MK7 2.0

Here's another question that's not necessarily about this armor...

What's the BEST HT Iron Man right now?

Subjective. IMO the diecast 4, 5, 6 and 7 along with 46 and 47 represent state of the art.

My personal favourite is the 4. Objectively the ?best? would land between 46/47 and 7.

46/47 win on proportions and portrait, whereas 7 wins on paint.

7?proportions are excellent but it loses out on length and girth of the knees and engineering of same.

It also loses out on soft BD sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the 7 is the best bang for your buck right now. Very well proportioned, multiple display options and tons of accessories, excellent waist/crotch support on the flight stand. You also get some 1/4 level detailing like the adjustable flaps on the side thighs which is a nice touch. My favorite looking piece that I own though is probably the 46 Concept Art. Love the heavy gold and classic Iron Man look. I think the 85 will become my favorite once it's released however. Old pic:

48450536951_7690056f73_k.jpg

Of course, but I'm asking for opinion.

So 46/47.... can't decide? Would those need to be redone in diecast for scale?

I'd give it to the 46 (both 46 and 47 are diecast) myself, always have it on my desk.

For "older" looking armors the 7. Best helmet/faceplate and the light on the arc reactor is more diffused that the pinpoint one on the 4 and 6.

Back