1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man Mark 7 Diecast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are these annoying pieces? Are you not happy with it?

The two shoulder pieces that have the rear flaps attached. If you're handling the figure they constantly fall off. But if you leave them off until your ready to pose him, they're fine. The forearm pieces that you can remove & replace with the ones with missiles are just the opposite - they are VERY snug and need to be worked loose carefully with the little plastic pry bar.

The two shoulder pieces that have the rear flaps attached. If you're handling the figure they constantly fall off. But if you leave them off until your ready to pose him, they're fine. The forearm pieces that you can remove & replace with the ones with missiles are just the opposite - they are VERY snug and need to be worked loose carefully with the little plastic pry bar.

Maybe you can put a little dab of blu-tac in the holes for the shoulder pieces that are loose?

Maybe you can put a little dab of blu-tac in the holes for the shoulder pieces that are loose?

That could work. I was also thinking of adding a thin coat of clear nail polish to the pegs. I can always use a bit of emery cloth on them if I overdo it. The ones I have on now (with the missiles exposed) are a better fit, so not a concern at the moment.

For me, the annoying pieces are the red panels on either side of the ribcage. Those fall off every time I pose the arms so yeah, best to leave them off until the pose is done haha.

For me, the annoying pieces are the red panels on either side of the ribcage. Those fall off every time I pose the arms so yeah, best to leave them off until the pose is done haha.

Yes, those fall off on mine as well. I'm not even sure why they're separate pieces - I don't recall them on the plastic version. Maybe they're designed that way to facilitate the conversion to the pod mode?

Only until it sells out and then people can feel superior that they bought it, until it inevitably gets reissued and people can jump back in because they ?missed out? the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, those fall off on mine as well. I'm not even sure why they're separate pieces - I don't recall them on the plastic version. Maybe they're designed that way to facilitate the conversion to the pod mode?

Yeah that must be the case. I don't remember it being like that on the original either.

So much loose junk on Iron Man.

Is this figure going to go the way of the 50: everyone's favorite today, no one likes it tomorrow?

Anything is possible!

I'm one to appreciate all of them and not just jump ship to the next Iron Man. I definitely have my favorites though, namely the DC 6 and 46. I feel like the 85 will be my in my top favorite suits, and if they ever decided to produce Nightclub.

Major credit to the 1/4 43 as well.

Last edited:
Yeah that must be the case. I don't remember it being like that on the original either.

Anything is possible!

I'm one to appreciate all of them and not just jump ship to the next Iron Man. I definitely have my favorites though, namely the DC 6 and 46. I feel like the 85 will be my in my top favorite suits, and if they ever decided to produce Nightclub.

Major credit to the 1/4 43 as well.

I'm with you too. I love all the suits. What's the odds they'll do House party protocol suits in diecast?

I'm with you too. I love all the suits. What's the odds they'll do House party protocol suits in diecast?

I feel like HT would do anything to extend the life of IM figures by doing something like revisiting older suits in diecast. The current ones are all nice enough already actually, and most of them scale well with the current diecast suits because they're taller or larger overall.

I even feel like they would do 2.0s of diecast suits.

I finally got this guy. I love him - well, save for those annoying shoulder armor pieces that come loose if you look at them sideways. If you haven't received him yet, do yourself a favor and take them off and leave them off until right before you're ready to pose him. :slap

A couple of quick phone pics....

View attachment 476828

View attachment 476830

Excellent setup! :clap No doubt this Mk VII is a beaut. I like how the Mk IV with the gantry is on the middle.

My Mark VII with pod
96418dc5cbc71172dc834ac58472ccce.jpg
00b1581f5b9170049fcc826076403358.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Doesn't look like they're going to finish out the HPP, much less go back and re-release some in diecast. I think it's been over 3 years since they announced the last one. A lot of the HPP armors set on shelves for a while and received heavy discounts when they were well under $300. Diecast versions would be close to $400 or more. Not sure they'd sell well enough to warrant the investment in tooling for diecast pieces (but then again, not too many of the pieces would be diecast anyways so maybe they'd do it).

Back